or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple earned more than Samsung, LG, Nokia, Huawei, Lenovo & Motorola's mobile shipments combined
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple earned more than Samsung, LG, Nokia, Huawei, Lenovo & Motorola's mobile shipments combined - Page 4

post #121 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post


I have no idea how Apple reports anything... I just use their products. 1wink.gif

You have made that abundantly clear.
post #122 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post


Speaking of channel inventory...

I noticed from the q4 2012 that there was an estimated 9 million units in the channel.

In the q4 2013 there was an estimated 14 million units in the channel.

I'm not even sure what all that means but I'm sure it is not inconsequential.

It could have to do with the number of countries in which the new iPhones were launched and/or it could be a reflection of the sales Apple is expecting in FQ1 2014.
post #123 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinney View Post


It could have to do with the number of countries in which the new iPhones were launched and/or it could be a reflection of the sales Apple is expecting in FQ1 2014.

 

It's a mystery to me. I only mentioned it because I have noticed a few people talking about Apple divulging channel inventory. It might make sense to them but it sure doesn't help me understand Apple's numbers any better.

 

[this is not meant as a slight against Apple]

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #124 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post
 

Nope... used an Apple II as a kid in the 80's, but didn't again until 2009 when I got an iPod touch, and iPod shuffle. I lost the shuffle, but still have that touch, as well as an iPhone and iPad. It's hard for some of you to understand that someone could POSSIBLY own an Apple device without being "ZOMG APPLE RELEASED XXXX DEVICE AND IT'S THE BEST NO MATTER WHAT AND I SHALL BUY THREE OF THEM AND PROSELYTE THE WORLD ZOMG"!!

 

I own a Galaxy S4 and am wondering which will come first, the update to 4.3 or Google releasing 4.4...

 

...so far it's a close race, as far as the phone goes it's such a piece of junk about all I do with it these days is go to settings and check for updates which never come, I could root it and install some ROM from the slaves at XDA but if Samsung detect it they will void the warranty.

 

My 3 year old iPhone 4, sits in my car connected as an iPod I updated it to iOS7 on the day of launch, my 5 I gave to my wife, I use a 5s as my main phone.

A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
Reply
A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
Reply
post #125 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post
 

 

I own a Galaxy S4 and am wondering which will come first, the update to 4.3 or Google releasing 4.4...

 

...so far it's a close race, as far as the phone goes it's such a piece of junk about all I do with it these days is go to settings and check for updates which never come, I could root it and install some ROM from the slaves at XDA but if Samsung detect it they will void the warranty.

 

My 3 year old iPhone 4, sits in my car connected as an iPod I updated it to iOS7 on the day of launch, my 5 I gave to my wife, I use a 5s as my main phone.

 

I have been stuck on Android for 2 years for my phone and tablet.  It sucks that I can't use some of my favorite apps because they don't bother updating the OS.  Makes me sick.

 

I'm getting the iPadAir on Friday and 5S coming in next week.  I will finally be free from Android crap.

post #126 of 216
Wuahahaha. Apple rulez!!!!!!
post #127 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

“Theft is okay.”

Nope.

 

Run a stolen OS.

 

Oh, wait, my iPhone can also run Android; never mind.

 

I wasn't talking exclusively about Samsung, actually the only Samsung tablet that I think is really worth anything is the Note 8", the rest are ugly and slow. If I was to buy an Android tablet though it would be a Sony Z 10" but I'm kind of done with Android for a while. My tablet of choice is of course the iPad and Windows 8 tablets. specifically from Lenovo, Asus and Microsoft. As far as Android being stolen, I don't believe that, Android looks nothing like iOS. Apps in a grid were around before iOS, Apple like every other manufacture have taken what has been and improved on it. Was Android influenced by iOS, sure, absolutely, was it stolen no. Unless you think Apple stole the grid of apps, using a camera phone, wifi or bluetooth, slide to open from other phones, ect. but I don't think they did, progression of technology.

When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #128 of 216

Me, you everyone. A company that is good for its shareholders does not ALWAYS equate to a company that that is good for consumers. That being said, I think Apple is a good enough company. They can be overpriced, and people still pay for their products, i just choose not to partly for that reason. 

post #129 of 216

Should have gone Nexus...your fault.

post #130 of 216
[quote name="zoetmb"
As for the article, I think it loses some credibility when it talks about Samsung selling junk.    There are plenty of people using Samsung phones who think that they're perfectly fine.    Someone in my office showed up yesterday with a newly purchased Samsung Pad (which clips to a keyboard) running Win 8 and it actually looked like an ok machine.   This person claimed to love it.   Different strokes for different folks.   Apple doesn't do everything right and sometimes, it's frustratingly stubborn.   
[/quote]

In response to this quote and a very funny post from qwerty-something, I would like to confirm that, leaving in Africa, I am impressed by how much Samsung is reaching the population: from fridges to cookers, to tv, to phones, etc. they're everywhere.

This does not take away the fact that Samsung high tech products are crap. Nicely packaged, but utterly crap, nevertheless. But hey, this is Africa, so it seems that developed country companies dispatch their worst here. Mind you, you can repair ANYTHING here. And you can buy any kind of part for any appliance or contraption you want. Except Apple. I have never ever seen a street vendor or market stall sell any Apple product. Samsung? Oh yes!
post #131 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
 

 

I wasn't talking exclusively about Samsung, actually the only Samsung tablet that I think is really worth anything is the Note 8", the rest are ugly and slow. If I was to buy an Android tablet though it would be a Sony Z 10" but I'm kind of done with Android for a while. My tablet of choice is of course the iPad and Windows 8 tablets. specifically from Lenovo, Asus and Microsoft. As far as Android being stolen, I don't believe that, Android looks nothing like iOS. Apps in a grid were around before iOS, Apple like every other manufacture have taken what has been and improved on it. Was Android influenced by iOS, sure, absolutely, was it stolen no. Unless you think Apple stole the grid of apps, using a camera phone, wifi or bluetooth, slide to open from other phones, ect. but I don't think they did, progression of technology.

 

I watched Blade Runner last night, based on "Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep?" written by Philip K Dick in 1968, I couldn't help but notice the Nexus 6 replicants, as in copies of humans, it parallels how Google and their cronies seem to be based on replicating everything others do.

A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
Reply
A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
Reply
post #132 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post
 

 

I watched Blade Runner last night, based on "Do Androids dream of Electric Sheep?" written by Philip K Dick in 1968, I couldn't help but notice the Nexus 6 replicants, as in copies of humans, it parallels how Google and their cronies seem to be based on replicating everything others do.

I have a first run of the book, signed by Mr. Dick. Cronies, I'm sorry but I feel that way about every multi-billion dollar corporation, Apple is defiantly no different. Separating money from your wallet is the name of the game. Doesn't mean that I don't like some of their products, just that my eyes are opened to all of these evil corporations. 


Edited by Relic - 10/30/13 at 3:34pm
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #133 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post
 

I have a first run of the book, signed by Mr. Dick. Cronies, I'm sorry but I feel that way about every multi-billion dollar corporation, Apple is defiantly no different. Separating money from your wallet is the name of the game. Doesn't mean that I don't like some of their products, just that my eyes are opened to all of these evil corporations. 

 

Android and Nexus are both terms adopted by Google, I wonder if they will do anything special for next years Nexus 6?

 

I just found it interesting that Dick used the terms for replicants of humans used as slaves.

 

I just downloaded the iBook to read on my iPad, $6.99.

A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
Reply
A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
Reply
post #134 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post
 

 

Android and Nexus are both terms adopted by Google, I wonder if they will do anything special for next years Nexus 6?

 

I just found it interesting that Dick used the terms for replicants of humans used as slaves.

 

I just downloaded the iBook to read on my iPad, $6.99.

I doubt the Nexus 6 will offer anything special, just like iOS 7 didn't offer anything special. They'll just change the look and feel and call it revolutionary. The only mobile OS that I am truly looking forward to is Ubuntu Touch. Yeah, I love the book I also have it on my Nook, I haven't used iBook's yet as I don't like using just one corporation for all of my media consumption. I still prefer using hardcopy's though for my books.

When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #135 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by burts bees View Post


What's amazing Juanito keyboard masturbator is that you're repelled by the two words you refuse to repeat and can't admit what that means apples competitors "race to the bottom" business..


Everything you say (and link) reinforces this business model and does not reflect Apples business high end business ambitions AND success.

What high end success you say of Samsung..


RIGH, the one thats flat lining .


Please please please go away to your potty.
Your numbers are constipation you

 

What high end success? The FACT that they are selling their premium devices(the S4 and Note3) at at HIGHER rate than the previous model? I have already referenced that FACT and linked to articles stating that FACT. I doubt you have taken the time to read anything... by the calibre of your comments, I doubt reading is your forte.

 

Or the FACT that Samsung's NET profits are nearly 30% higher this year than last?

 

Or the FACT that Apple's have dropped almost 8% YOY?

 

Or the FACT that Samsung's NET profit was MORE than Apple's last quarter?

 

Or the FACT that 10 Billion dollars is 10 Billion dollars?

 

You? 

A) Have added absolutely NOTHING intelligent to the conversation. No FACTS, nothing. Just opinion. A mouth(in this case hands) flapping with no brain attached.

B) Like to quote yourself?!?

C) Can barely spell OR use proper grammar.

D) Like to talk about masturbation and constipation. Are you 13?? Seriously?

 

That is all.... for now. ;) 

post #136 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post

What high end success? The FACT that they are selling their premium devices(the S4 and Note3) at at HIGHER rate than the previous model? I have already referenced that FACT and linked to articles stating that FACT. I doubt you have taken the time to read anything... by the calibre of your comments, I doubt reading is your forte.

Or the FACT that Samsung's NET profits are nearly 30% higher this year than last?

Or the FACT that Apple's have dropped almost 8% YOY?

Or the FACT that Samsung's NET profit was MORE than Apple's last quarter?

Or the FACT that 10 Billion dollars is 10 Billion dollars?

You? 
A) Have added absolutely NOTHING intelligent to the conversation. No FACTS, nothing. Just opinion. A mouth(in this case hands) flapping with no brain attached.
B) Like to quote yourself?!?
C) Can barely spell OR use proper grammar.
D) Like to talk about masturbation and constipation. Are you 13?? Seriously?

That is all.... for now. 1wink.gif  

Oh hiya Juanito keyboard masturbator.


Glad you are back!
You still sound constipated.
Have you flushed out:

Emerging markets
Cheap phones yet?

Look down and tell me what you see because that's what High-end competition looks like to Apple.

Enjoy your keyboard masturbating. All of it is wearing you out. Push and try harder!

It's not "all for now for you." It's bothering you so much that you keep trying harder.

I've not made one effort to impress you with with links and stats because none are needed.

It's in the article you refuse to acknowledge tecla boy.

Keep hurting and stay losing. Push push constipation boy.

Haha.

---> cheap crap + emerging markets


Repeat
post #137 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post

What high end success? The FACT that they are selling their premium devices(the S4 and Note3) at at HIGHER rate than the previous model? I have already referenced that FACT and linked to articles stating that FACT. I doubt you have taken the time to read anything... by the calibre of your comments, I doubt reading is your forte.

Or the FACT that Samsung's NET profits are nearly 30% higher this year than last?

Or the FACT that Apple's have dropped almost 8% YOY?

Or the FACT that Samsung's NET profit was MORE than Apple's last quarter?

Or the FACT that 10 Billion dollars is 10 Billion dollars?

You? 
A) Have added absolutely NOTHING intelligent to the conversation. No FACTS, nothing. Just opinion. A mouth(in this case hands) flapping with no brain attached.
B) Like to quote yourself?!?
C) Can barely spell OR use proper grammar.
D) Like to talk about masturbation and constipation. Are you 13?? Seriously?

That is all.... for now. 1wink.gif  
I'm waiting for more fun"facts"

You're going to tire yourself out trying to look foolish. I know you spent the last 2 hours dredging up that jumble of "factual" extravaganza for me and everyone to marvel at. But you haven't acknowledged:

Low end cheap phones and emerging markets
That is covered in nearly every article concerning Apples competition.

Sorry freetards like you don't like or understand that this isn't in line with apples high end strategy.

Looks like: "better luck next time" for Samsung. No stats to counter flat line growth huh Juanito! Waiting for your hyperlink bonanza in 1 hour keyboard masturbator.

Haha
post #138 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by burts bees View Post


Oh hiya Juanito keyboard masturbator.


Glad you are back!
You still sound constipated.
Have you flushed out:

Emerging markets
Cheap phones yet?

Look down and tell me what you see because that's what High-end competition looks like to Apple.

Enjoy your keyboard masturbating. All of it is wearing you out. Push and try harder!

It's not "all for now for you." It's bothering you so much that you keep trying harder.

I've not made one effort to impress you with with links and stats because none are needed.

It's in the article you refuse to acknowledge tecla boy.

Keep hurting and stay losing. Push push constipation boy.

Haha.

---> cheap crap + emerging markets


Repeat

 

What do cheap phones have to do with profit Mr. Bee? Do you really think Samsung(who incidentally made MORE money last quarter than Apple) cares WHO buys their phones? Are you racist? If someone from India, Africa or China buys a phone, does that make you "uncomfortable" or something? I am really struggling to see where you are coming from with this.

 

Ok, I will humour you... let's pretend 98% of what Samsung makes is garbage (I can't really tell you either way as I don't own ANY of their products) does that matter if people will buy it and give them their money? Do their execs(or stock holders) sit there and worry that their products are garbage when people are obviously BUYING them? Or are they sitting back and laughing because they have tricked MILLIONS of people into buying their garbage? Probably the latter....

 

Does Wal-Mart care that 98% of what THEY sell is garbage? I doubt it... they are still selling TONS of it, and making TONS of money.

 

Lastly, if you are trying to insinuate that you are a better person than the person next to you holding a Note3 in their hands, you've got problems man.... SERIOUS problems. Why?? Because everyday I see just as many people on WELFARE running iPhones as I do business execs. By your lack of knowledge, inability to spell or compose a proper sentence and your love of defecation, I am guessing you fall into the former category.

post #139 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshTodorovski View Post
 

Net profit is the key number (after all taxes, what goes to the company), Samsung did 7.8 billion there and Apple did 7.5 billion.

you also have to remember that corporate taxes are lower in korea, than in the us. The difference takes away the .3 billion your talking about.  Apple does not have the ability to change its income tax more than it already does.  Also Many here are forgetting that Apple deferred  $900 million due to the software right downs for the free software that there giving away.  Peter Openheimer mentioned this in the quarterly conference call.

post #140 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by burts bees View Post


I'm waiting for more fun"facts"

You're going to tire yourself out trying to look foolish. I know you spent the last 2 hours dredging up that jumble of "factual" extravaganza for me and everyone to marvel at. But you haven't acknowledged:

Low end cheap phones and emerging markets
That is covered in nearly every article concerning Apples competition.

Sorry freetards like you don't like or understand that this isn't in line with apples high end strategy.

Looks like: "better luck next time" for Samsung. No stats to counter flat line growth huh Juanito! Waiting for your hyperlink bonanza in 1 hour keyboard masturbator.

Haha

 

Actually I have jobs that needed to be done(I actually work for a living)... hence my hiatus from the keyboard for a few hours. Nice to know someone missed me! ;)

post #141 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
 

you also have to remember that corporate taxes are lower in korea, than in the us. The difference takes away the .3 billion your talking about.  Apple does not have the ability to change its income tax more than it already does.  Also Many here are forgetting that Apple deferred  $900 million due to the software right downs for the free software that there giving away.  Peter Openheimer mentioned this in the quarterly conference call.

 

LOL... and HOW much of Apple's money is stored off shore for these "tax write off" purposes??

post #142 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post
 

 

It's a mystery to me. I only mentioned it because I have noticed a few people talking about Apple divulging channel inventory. It might make sense to them but it sure doesn't help me understand Apple's numbers any better.

 

[this is not meant as a slight against Apple]

I think that lol only Cook and Apple know what channel inventory should be for sales at a given moment.  But Apple has a really good habit of keeping channel inventory very low.  Unlike microsoft who writes off $900 million in inventory because they blew a wad of cash on surfaces that no one bought.  And then give said surfaces to schools for free.  Well not really free. ($900 million is not really free to them. But for the schools i guess).

post #143 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post

What do cheap phones have to do with profit Mr. Bee? Do you really think Samsung(who incidentally made MORE money last quarter than Apple) cares WHO buys their phones? Are you racist? If someone from India, Africa or China buys a phone, does that make you "uncomfortable" or something? I am really struggling to see where you are coming from with this.

Ok, I will humour you... let's pretend 98% of what Samsung makes is garbage (I can't really tell you either way as I don't own ANY of their products) does that matter if people will buy it and give them their money? Do their execs(or stock holders) sit there and worry that their products are garbage when people are obviously BUYING them? Or are they sitting back and laughing because they have tricked MILLIONS of people into buying their garbage? Probably the latter....

Does Wal-Mart care that 98% of what THEY sell is garbage? I doubt it... they are still selling TONS of it, and making TONS of money.

Lastly, if you are trying to insinuate that you are a better person than the person next to you holding a Note3 in their hands, you've got problems man.... SERIOUS problems. Why?? Because everyday I see just as many people on WELFARE running iPhones as I do business execs. By your lack of knowledge, inability to spell or compose a proper sentence and your love of defecation, I am guessing you fall into the former category.
You wanna know what's funny?

No one. And I mean NO ONE. Is taking you seriously. I can explain why, but that's not fun.


Just quit the rambling. You are desperately trying to fit a square peg In a round hole.

Were Not your daddy and these confessionals are done.

Accept that your information stays with YOU.

Respect others here and you won't get shit thrown back at you. I've made all my points about 8 times. You ignored them so I ignore yours.

Is that fair?


But wait, there's more!!


35%
30%
Etc etc.

No- one-cares-what- you - have - to - say.


No one
post #144 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by burts bees View Post


Oh hiya Juanito keyboard masturbator.


Glad you are back!
You still sound constipated.
Have you flushed out:

Emerging markets
Cheap phones yet?

Look down and tell me what you see because that's what High-end competition looks like to Apple.

Enjoy your keyboard masturbating. All of it is wearing you out. Push and try harder!

It's not "all for now for you." It's bothering you so much that you keep trying harder.

I've not made one effort to impress you with with links and stats because none are needed.

It's in the article you refuse to acknowledge tecla boy.

Keep hurting and stay losing. Push push constipation boy.

Haha.

---> cheap crap + emerging markets


Repeat  (let's hope not)

 

Hmmmm... that's odd. I hit the link for AppleInsider and somehow or other I got transferred to MacRumors.

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #145 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post
 

 

Your Google skills failing you??

 

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=samsung+galaxy+s4+sales+figures

 

Since you seem to be incapable of using Google, you will see HERE - http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/samsung-galaxy-s3-sells-30-million-samsung-plots-new-logo-50009697/ that Samsung had sold 30M S3's in 5.3 months(using 30 days per month)

 

As compared to the S4 that has sold 40M - http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2302755/samsung-disappointed-with-galaxy-s4-sales-despite-hitting-40-million-milestone in 6 months.

 

Again, using some BASIC math, (I used the ratio of 30M sales for 5.3 months, to 40M in X months) we can tell that the S3 would have taken SEVEN months to get to 40 million sales, whereas the link I posted CLEARLY shows 40M S4 sales in 5.9 months.

 

As far as the Note 3?? http://www.mobileburn.com/22163/news/samsung-galaxy-note-3-reaches-5-million-channel-sales-in-one-month - This article CLEARLY states that it reached the 5M milestone in "less than half of the amount of time".

 

For the record, I am NOT a Samsung fan.... I don't own ONE SINGLE Samsung device, on the contrary I DO own THREE Apple devices. I just can't STAND the bias and FUD being spread around the internet.

 

That's not HUGE growth at all.

 

The S3 shipped 5.23 phones per month

The S4 shipped 6.66 phones per month

That's only an increase of 1.4 million per month.  That increase in SHIPPED phones could easily be explained by channel fill and excess phones in stock.  Lets also not forget that the S4 was available in more stores and more countries than the S3.  You could EASILY ship an extra 1.4 million phones a month. EASILY. 

 

Until Samsung releases AUDITED financials that reveal S4 shipped and amount in the channel all the articles you post are total bullsheet.  Samsung has lied, cheated, and stole again and again.  So you think its not possible that Mr Shin would not lie about S4 numbers?  The same Mr Shin that is a two time convicted FELON?  The same company that has blatantly ripped off IP and then has the audacity to sue the use of FRAND patents?   The same company that has been CAUGHT paying people to bash competitors products in social media?  The same company that pays celebraties to tweet that they LOVE MY GALAXY, sent from my iPhone.  The same company that has been caught bribing government officials?  You think Mr Shin would not STRETCH the truth or flat out LIE about Galaxy shipments?  Really?  Are you that STUPID?  So stupid to take a press released as FACT, when they don't disclose unit sales in their financials?


Edited by sog35 - 10/30/13 at 6:09pm
post #146 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

 

That's not HUGE growth at all.

 

The S3 shipped 5.23 phones per month

The S4 shipped 6.66 phones per month

That's only an increase of 1.4 million per month.  That increase in SHIPPED phones could easily be explained by channel fill and excess phones in stock.  Lets also not forget that the S4 was available in more stores and more countries than the S3.  You could EASILY ship an extra 1.4 million phones a month. EASILY. 

 

Until Samsung releases AUDITED financials that reveal S4 shipped and amount in the channel all the articles you post are total bullsheet.  Samsung has lied, cheated, and stole again and again.  So you think its not possible that Mr Shin would not lie about S4 numbers?  The same Mr Shin that is a two time convicted FELON?  The same company that has blatantly ripped off IP and then has the audacity to sue the use of FRAND patents?   The same company that has been CAUGHT paying people to bash competitors products in social media?  The same company that pays celebraties to tweet that they LOVE MY GALAXY, sent from my iPhone.  The same company that has been caught bribing government officials?  You think Mr Shin would not STRETCH the truth or flat out LIE about Galaxy shipments?  Really?  Are you that STUPID?  So stupid to take a press released as FACT, when they don't disclose unit sales in their financials?

 

They are a MONTH faster to 40M than the S3 was.... guess what that means? Faster growth.

 

The Note 3 is currently shipping TWICE as fast as the Note 2.... guess what that means? Faster growth.

 

What am I missing that you aren't?

post #147 of 216

I see that only one person has tried to decipher Apple's channel inventory for me.

 

If nobody knows what it means then I'm wondering how relevant that data really is to the masses.

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #148 of 216
He
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

That's not HUGE growth at all.

The S3 shipped 5.23 phones per month
The S4 shipped 6.66 phones per month
That's only an increase of 1.4 million per month.  That increase in SHIPPED phones could easily be explained by channel fill and excess phones in stock.  Lets also not forget that the S4 was available in more stores and more countries than the S3.  You could EASILY ship an extra 1.4 million phones a month. EASILY. 

Until Samsung releases AUDITED financials that reveal S4 shipped and amount in the channel all the articles you post are total bullsheet.  Samsung has lied, cheated, and stole again and again.  So you think its not possible that Mr Shin would not lie about S4 numbers?  The same Mr Shin that is a two time convicted FELON?  The same company that has blatantly ripped off IP and then has the audacity to sue the use of FRAND patents? 
he's a samsung low end user and apologist. Nothing matters to him apparently.

Laggy interface
Inferior screen quality
Slow in practically every way performance
Crippling ecosystem
Fragmented OS
Inferior hardware
Viruses
Etc etc etc.

But don't let that fool him.

Emerging markets class things up when everything else fails!!

Watch out.. Here he comes with facts and numbers.. Get out your notepad!
post #149 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by burts bees View Post

He
he's a samsung low end user and apologist. Nothing matters to him apparently.

Laggy interface
Inferior screen quality
Slow in practically every way performance
Crippling ecosystem
Fragmented OS
Inferior hardware
Viruses
Etc etc etc.

But don't let that fool him.

Emerging markets class things up when everything else fails!!

Watch out.. Here he comes with facts and numbers.. Get out your notepad!

 

I am NOT a Samsung user... I OWN AN IPHONE. I have NEVER owned a Samsung product. I am NOT defending something I own. I am just trying to get you to see the FACTS. Open your eyes and be enlightened!!!

post #150 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by burts bees View Post

He
he's a samsung low end user and apologist. Nothing matters to him apparently.

Laggy interface
Inferior screen quality
Slow in practically every way performance
Crippling ecosystem
Fragmented OS
Inferior hardware
Viruses
Etc etc etc.

But don't let that fool him.

Emerging markets class things up when everything else fails!!

Watch out.. Here he comes with facts and numbers.. Get out your notepad!

 

You still never answered the emerging markets question... what DIFFERENCE does it make where someone lives or their skin colour? For some reason you seem to be insinuating that if I sell something to someone that doesn't live in a 1st world country I am "lowering" myself to do so.

post #151 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post

You still never answered the emerging markets question... are you racist? I seriously want to know.... what DIFFERENCE does it make where someone lives or their skin colour? For some reason you seem to be insinuating that if I sell something to someone that doesn't live in a 1st world country I am "lowering" myself to do so.

Comon, tell me.... are you really some white supremacist from Tennessee with three teeth missing and married to your kid sister? 1wink.gif

What about emerging markets and cheap phones = samsung/ android race to the bottom? No punch line? Oh well..
post #152 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by burts bees View Post


Notice no one is spending as much time as you trying to explain your life's story to anyone who will listen.

You make zero sense and
Have been all day.

You made a dumb comment based on faulty observation and have been trying ever since to save face.

Please end this phony elevated discussion shtick. Referring to people as "sir".

You are weird.

These are user names so quit the goofy act and grow up. Nothing you say is ever going to be taken seriously if you won't even acknowledge the article or my questions you
Keep hurting over..

 

Acknowledge what article?? The one posted by Apple Insider? Yes... great article, however when the dust is ALL settled, Samsung(as a whole) made MORE money than Apple did last quarter. Sorry to burst your bubble... like a few years ago when you turned 21 and your mommy finally told you about Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. Some things are hard to take, but with time the wounds will heal!

 

"or my questions you" - And what exactly is that supposed to mean? Once you re-write that in plain English I will do my best to answer whatever questions you have but were always afraid to ask! ;)

post #153 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post

Acknowledge what article?? The one posted by Apple Insider? Yes... great article, however when the dust is ALL settled, Samsung(as a whole) made MORE money than Apple did last quarter. Sorry to burst your bubble... like a few years ago when you turned 21 and your mommy finally told you about Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. Some things are hard to take, but with time the wounds will heal!

"or my questions you" - And what exactly is that supposed to mean? Once you re-write that in plain English I will do my best to answer whatever questions you have but were always afraid to ask! 1wink.gif
You haven't read it because you keep trying to convince everyone including me
Of your life's story. You
Try too hard and failed. You
Screwed up the minute you opened your mouth and made a stupid observation based on incorrect math, then pounced on it the rest of the day trying to correct it and add more nonsense. The article is clear and my question was the same as I made to you a second ago and you skirt around it because you can't defend it.

Grow up. If you're an adult, the line of questioning, the amount of rambling and your yearning to connect with other strangers is disturbing. It's nonstop. Just stop the act, jokes and desire to connect with others.

It's not working. Your opinion stays with you.

And only you
post #154 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by burts bees View Post


What about emerging markets and cheap phones = samsung/ android race to the bottom? No punch line? Oh well..

 

I have ALREADY answered that question ad nauseam, WHO CARES WHO BUYS THE PHONES OR HOW THEY MADE THEIR MONEY?!?! THEY MADE MORE MONEY THAN APPLE LAST QUARTER. AND MADE 30% MORE MONEY THAN THEY DID LAST YEAR THIS TIME. AND APPLE MADE LESS MONEY THIS YEAR THAN THEY DID LAST YEAR THIS TIME.

 

Seriously dude, I like to have an argument with people(something I enjoy) but.... if after this long you can't comprehend what I'm saying then you need to have an adult sit down with you and explain it to you. At first I thought you were just "kidding around" or playing "dumb", but now I am starting to realize you just aren't comprehending. 

post #155 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post

I have ALREADY answered that question ad nauseam, WHO CARES WHO BUYS THE PHONES OR HOW THEY MADE THEIR MONEY?!?! THEY MADE MORE MONEY THAN APPLE LAST QUARTER. AND MADE 30% MORE MONEY THAN THEY DID LAST YEAR THIS TIME. AND APPLE MADE LESS MONEY THIS YEAR THAN THEY DID LAST YEAR THIS TIME.

Seriously dude, I like to have an argument with people(something I enjoy) but.... if after this long you can't comprehend what I'm saying then you need to have an adult sit down with you and explain it to you. At first I thought you were just "kidding around" or playing "dumb", but now I am starting to realize you just aren't comprehending. 

I've told you: no-one-cares-what - you- say.

Your life's story is the stuff of desperation.

No one is as thick headed as you because you're entirely too desperate to connect with anyone who will listen to your ramblings.

Your observations were screwed up from
The first post and till now it's been one desperate post to connect with others after another.

OK.. Please stop posting creepy analogies already.
post #156 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by burts bees View Post


You haven't read it because you keep trying to convince everyone including me
Of your life's story. You
Try too hard and failed. You
Screwed up the minute you opened your mouth and made a stupid observation based on incorrect math, then pounced on it the rest of the day trying to correct it and add more nonsense. The article is clear and my question was the same as I made to you a second ago and you skirt around it because you can't defend it.

Grow up. If you're an adult, the line of questioning, the amount of rambling and your yearning to connect with other strangers is disturbing. It's nonstop. Just stop the act, jokes and desire to connect with others.

It's not working. Your opinion stays with you.

And only you

 

And what observation did I make on "incorrect math"? I promise you... if I did that I will GLADLY correct it and apologize. I am NOT above apologizing for mistakes I make. Matter of fact, I've already did it once in this very thread.

 

I incorrectly read an article(reading comprehension mistake and NOT a mathematical error) and stated that Samsung made 2B MORE than Apple based on NET and OPERATING profits. However, I apologized and made it right. Regardless, Samsung STILL MADE MORE NET PROFIT THAN APPLE last quarter. I was just wrong on the exact amounts. Again, if you didn't see my apology, please scroll up until you do.

post #157 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by burts bees View Post


I've told you: no-one-cares-what - you- say.

Your life's story is the stuff of desperation.

No one is as thick headed as you because you're entirely too desperate to connect with anyone who will listen to your ramblings.

Your observations were screwed up from
The first post and till now it's been one desperate post to connect with others after another.

OK.. Please stop posting creepy analogies already.

 

Actually, I don't think anyone cares what either of you say (... and I'm just here to give you a heads up). Man, it's embarrassing.

 

Just saying...

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #158 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Actually, I don't think anyone cares what either of you say (... and I'm just here to give you a heads up). Man, it's embarrassing.

Just saying...

Apparently you did!
A goodnight to you
Both..
post #159 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post
 

 

What do cheap phones have to do with profit Mr. Bee? Do you really think Samsung(who incidentally made MORE money last quarter than Apple) cares WHO buys their phones? Are you racist? If someone from India, Africa or China buys a phone, does that make you "uncomfortable" or something? I am really struggling to see where you are coming from with this.

 

Ok, I will humour you... let's pretend 98% of what Samsung makes is garbage (I can't really tell you either way as I don't own ANY of their products) does that matter if people will buy it and give them their money? Do their execs(or stock holders) sit there and worry that their products are garbage when people are obviously BUYING them? Or are they sitting back and laughing because they have tricked MILLIONS of people into buying their garbage? Probably the latter....

 

Does Wal-Mart care that 98% of what THEY sell is garbage? I doubt it... they are still selling TONS of it, and making TONS of money.

 

Lastly, if you are trying to insinuate that you are a better person than the person next to you holding a Note3 in their hands, you've got problems man.... SERIOUS problems. Why?? Because everyday I see just as many people on WELFARE running iPhones as I do business execs. By your lack of knowledge, inability to spell or compose a proper sentence and your love of defecation, I am guessing you fall into the former category.

 

Racist?

 

Either people can afford to buy a high end phone or not, there is nothing racist about a division of wealth.

 

Samsung panders to those who cannot afford high end phones, starting at less than $50 for low end pieces of junk which make up the majority of their sales and run Android so are counted as smartphones even though they aren't really used that way, as shown by various usage metrics.


Edited by hill60 - 10/30/13 at 7:20pm
A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
Reply
A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
Reply
post #160 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post
 

 

LOL... and HOW much of Apple's money is stored off shore for these "tax write off" purposes??

 

I don't know, ask Google.

A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
Reply
A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded.A problem occurred with this...
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Apple earned more than Samsung, LG, Nokia, Huawei, Lenovo & Motorola's mobile shipments combined
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple earned more than Samsung, LG, Nokia, Huawei, Lenovo & Motorola's mobile shipments combined