or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple earned more than Samsung, LG, Nokia, Huawei, Lenovo & Motorola's mobile shipments combined
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple earned more than Samsung, LG, Nokia, Huawei, Lenovo & Motorola's mobile shipments combined - Page 3

post #81 of 216

No misinformation, we have known for a long time...before the iphone...that apple charges too much for their hardware....no surprises here.

post #82 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivester View Post
 

No misinformation, we have known for a long time...before the iphone...that apple charges too much for their hardware....no surprises here.

Who is the great "we" of which you speak? ""We" don't know anything of the sorts. I love all these armchair CEO's sitting behind keyboards second guessing one of the best run companies on the planet. 

 

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. 

Reply

 

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. 

Reply
post #83 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshTodorovski View Post
 

Actually Samsung's Net profit was higher than Apple (7.8 billion vs 7.5 billion). What analysts see in the numbers is that Apple's net profit has been dropping (8.2 billion same period last year), Samsung has been rising (5.9 billion same period last year). Apple loyalists last year were saying well Samsung can sell more but Apple is still earning more, well this latest quarter Samsung earned slightly more ($300 million). See the trend, one is going up, the other is going down.

 

If you read my post above, I clearly state that and even provide links, however "Corrections" seems to be inept when it comes to reading and computation. :) 

post #84 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post


IMO the more likely reason you can't explain why I'm misguided is because I'm not. That 80% of iPhone sales attributable to third parties claim came from Tim Cook by the way, again as I'm sure you already were aware. At the end of the day Apple reports shipments as sales and Samsung reports shipments as sales. To it's credit Apple goes one step further and tries to estimate channel inventory at the end of each quarter so that folks like yourself can make a stab at guessing actual sell-thru. Samsung does not.

 

Nobody is arguing that Apple sells its own equipment. You are killing all sorts of wimpy straw men but you’re failing to make any point or astutely argue against any fact in the article. 

Shipments are not sales, Apple does not "eliminate channel inventory at the end of each quarter" and it’s means it is. Everything you are saying is just a bundle of wrong.

post #85 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrections View Post

Nobody is arguing that Apple sells its own equipment. You are killing all sorts of wimpy straw men but you’re failing to make any point or astutely argue against any fact in the article. 


Shipments are not sales, Apple does not "eliminate channel inventory at the end of each quarter" and it’s means it is. Everything you are saying is just a bundle of wrong.

Everything? And who the heck said Apple eliminates inventory each quarter?? The word used is estimate not eliminate.

Anyway, as for disputing facts in the article you're absolutely right I'm not arguing against the article. My original reply was to Sog35 who I'm assuming wasn't aware of the previous Samsung sales announcements. My discussion with you concerned statements you implied were facts but as I pointed out are not facts.
Edited by Gatorguy - 10/30/13 at 12:30pm
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #86 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevliu1980 View Post

Should I, as a consumer, simply be happy that I'm forced to pay $100 more just to get a 32GB iPhone while that money simply gets returned to shareholders via the stock buyback and dividends? Why exactly should I be content with that?

Not sure if yours is a serious question or rhetorical.

From your tone, I assume rhetorical.

In which case: why do you ask? If it doesn't make sense to you "as a consumer" then you should take your money elsewhere. That's how being "a consumer" works. Apple isn't "forcing" you to do anything.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #87 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post


Everything? And who the heck said Apple eliminates inventory each quarter?? The word used is estimate not eliminate.

 

LOL! For a guy that likes to pretend others are stupid and "beneath him" academically, that is quite a blunder. :lol: 

post #88 of 216
Originally Posted by JoshTodorovski View Post
Apple loyalists last year were saying well Samsung can sell more but Apple is still earning more, well this latest quarter Samsung earned slightly more ($300 million). See the trend, one is going up, the other is going down.

 

Right, and Apple is selling more and earning more.

 

Oh, wait, that doesn’t work out well for you, does it.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #89 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post

LOL! For a guy that likes to pretend others are stupid and "beneath him" academically, that is quite a blunder. lol.gif  
It doesn't help to reply in kind. You're better off looking past any insults and sticking to facts and supportable opinions.
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #90 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

Right, and Apple is selling more and earning more.

 

Oh, wait, that doesn’t work out well for you, does it.

 

But... last quarter they DIDN'T earn more. How many times does it have to be posted.... Samsung's NET PROFIT was HIGHER than Apple's. Not only that, but Samsung's YOY was WAAAAY up, and Apple's was down.

 

Apple is NOT doomed, not in the foreseeable future anyhow, but the FACT is.... they only made 92% as much money this year for the same quarter, whereas Samsung made 130% as much.... making their profits VERY close, BUT Apple's NET profit was "only" 96% what Samsung's was.

post #91 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post
 

 

LOL! For a guy that likes to pretend others are stupid and "beneath him" academically, that is quite a blunder. :lol: 

 

No only said your many arguments against the facts were ignorant and flawed.

 

I didn’t read his troll post carefully, but either way it is wrong. Apple doesn’t "estimate" its inventory. It occasionally reports sell through numbers and provides some guidance about where it sits relative to its typical 4-6 week inventory goal.   

post #92 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrections View Post
 

 

No only said your many arguments against the facts were ignorant and flawed.

 

I didn’t read his troll post carefully, but either way it is wrong. Apple doesn’t "estimate" its inventory. It occasionally reports sell through numbers and provides some guidance about where it sits relative to its typical 4-6 week inventory goal.   

 

I have no idea how Apple reports anything... I just use their products. ;)

post #93 of 216
Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post

Apple is NOT doomed, not in the foreseeable future anyhow, but the FACT is.... they only made 92% as much money this year for the same quarter, whereas Samsung made 130% as much.... making their profits VERY close, BUT Apple's NET profit was "only" 96% what Samsung's was.

 

So they’re doomed, basically, is what you’re pretending the takeaway is. Let us know when Apple products stop being desirable.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #94 of 216

Why do you guys keep posting to these types of threads. You can literally copy and paste the posts from any of the previous 1,000 Samsung sucks threads on Appleinsider and it will contain the same exact conversations. There is absolutely nothing new here, though I guess it is funny to read all of the over embellished posts. The real interesting thing is you can go over to the LG, Nokia, Huawei, Lenovo, Motorola and Samsung forums and they say almost the exact same thing about Apple. So it's safe to say people just like a good bitch session. It's high school all over again in here, each click get's together to say the same thing about the over. I don't have a point, just thought it to be funny.

 

Why does it matter what phone or tablet someone uses, as long as their happy and can accomplish any task that needs to get done. Name one thing that a premium Samsung phone can do that an iPhone can't or visa versa, there's not much if there is even anything. Stop the hate'n, there just pieces of plastic and metal.

When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
post #95 of 216
And how many times does in need to be posted that cheap cell phones in emerging markets accounts for this?

Did you not even read the main article or any "googled" fine literature you childishly link?

Did you choose to ignore;

Emerging markets
Cheap phones

Two painfully difficult words that turn your ego into stone. Samsung is flat lining in the high end market.

Apple is not.

Googled that and linked that to everyone? Or are you going to continue with the "umbrella" narrative that shit and kisses both are MUCH better than kisses alone?




And how many times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post

But... last quarter they DIDN'T earn more. How many times does it have to be posted.... Samsung's NET PROFIT was HIGHER than Apple's. Not only that, but Samsung's YOY was WAAAAY up, and Apple's was down.

Apple is NOT doomed, not in the foreseeable future anyhow, but the FACT is.... they only made 92% as much money this year for the same quarter, whereas Samsung made 130% as much.... making their profits VERY close, BUT Apple's NET profit was "only" 96% what Samsung's was.
post #96 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrections View Post

No only said your many arguments against the facts were ignorant and flawed.

I didn’t read his troll post carefully, but either way it is wrong. Apple doesn’t "estimate" its inventory. It occasionally reports sell through numbers and provides some guidance about where it sits relative to its typical 4-6 week inventory goal.   

Apple says it's an estimate of channel inventory. I've actually asked them rather than guessing and even received a reply. When Apple described to you how they arrive at their estimated channel inventory numbers what did they say? By the way, could you offer a link to where Apple states it's quarterly sell-thru numbers as you say they do?
Edited by Gatorguy - 10/30/13 at 12:40pm
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #97 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post
 

 

But... last quarter they DIDN'T earn more. How many times does it have to be posted.... Samsung's NET PROFIT was HIGHER than Apple's. Not only that, but Samsung's YOY was WAAAAY up, and Apple's was down.

 

Apple is NOT doomed, not in the foreseeable future anyhow, but the FACT is.... they only made 92% as much money this year for the same quarter, whereas Samsung made 130% as much.... making their profits VERY close, BUT Apple's NET profit was "only" 96% what Samsung's was.

 

Ten billion is bigger than 9.5B, even if you include all of Samsung’s toilet seat sales. Also, Samsung itself said its growth came from component RAM sales that were a fluke of the fire in China at a competing vendor. 

 

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SBD-935s-Bidet-Toilet/dp/B00E98VZ4E

 

post #98 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

Right, and Apple is selling more and earning more.

 

Oh, wait, that doesn’t work out well for you, does it.

But they didn't sell more? 120.1 million vs 33.8 million? But they didn't earn more? In net profits, 7.8 billion for Samsung Electronics as a whole (not including other Samsung subsidaries like Samsung Life Insurance / construction / etc) vs 7.5 billion for Apple as a whole (including Laptops, Desktops, Apple TV's, ipods, iphones, ipads, etc). If you count just mobile profits, Apple wins but Samsung is quickly catching up (6.3 Billion operating profit).

post #99 of 216
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Why does it matter what phone or tablet someone uses, as long as their happy and can accomplish any task that needs to get done.

 

“Theft is okay.”

Nope.

 
Name one thing that a premium Samsung phone can do that an iPhone can’t…

 

Run a stolen OS.

 

Oh, wait, my iPhone can also run Android; never mind.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #100 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrections View Post
 

 

Ten billion is bigger than 9.5B, even if you include all of Samsung’s toilet seat sales. Also, Samsung itself said its growth came from component RAM sales that were a fluke of the fire in China at a competing vendor. 

 

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SBD-935s-Bidet-Toilet/dp/B00E98VZ4E

 

Net profit is the key number (after all taxes, what goes to the company), Samsung did 7.8 billion there and Apple did 7.5 billion.

post #101 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshTodorovski View Post

Net profit is the key number (after all taxes, what goes to the company), Samsung did 7.8 billion there and Apple did 7.5 billion.
Great, so you and Juanito keyboard are proud owners of shit and chips.

They both make up the daily allowance Samsung survives on.

Not sure why you and Juanito continue with the umbrella narrative.


Read the article and have an enema.
post #102 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by burts bees View Post


Great, so you and Juanito keyboard are proud owners of shit and chips.

They both make up the daily allowance Samsung survives on.

Not sure why you and Juanito continue with the umbrella narrative.


Read the article and have an enema.

Why are you so defensive there? Do you own Apple stock? I do (I also own Google, MSFT, FB, and some others).

post #103 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshTodorovski View Post

Why are you so defensive there? Do you own Apple stock? I do (I also own Google, MSFT, FB, and some others).

Yeah and I know what's next:

"Juanito: yeah I'm an apple fan since 1979 too!!"
post #104 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrections View Post
 

 

Ten billion is bigger than 9.5B, even if you include all of Samsung’s toilet seat sales. Also, Samsung itself said its growth came from component RAM sales that were a fluke of the fire in China at a competing vendor. 

 

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SBD-935s-Bidet-Toilet/dp/B00E98VZ4E

 

 

Ok.. that is just too much.... you reprimand me on my first post NET vs. OPERATING profits... so I apologized for making that mistake, THEN I was nice enough to SHOW YOU WITH PROOF, that Samsung's NET profit was STILL IN FACT higher, and you post THIS post... I guess you are going to believe what you want to believe even when the proof has been revealed. Wow.

post #105 of 216
Re read
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post

Ok.. that is just too much.... you reprimand me on my first post NET vs. OPERATING profits... so I apologized for making that mistake, THEN I was nice enough to SHOW YOU WITH PROOF, that Samsung's NET profit was STILL IN FACT higher, and you post THIS post... I guess you are going to believe what you want to believe even when the proof has been revealed. Wow.

Wow.. Reread the article and quit the umbrella narrative.

You didn't reply once so you're avoiding the message: here you go AGAIN...


Emerging markets
Cheap phones

Emerging markets
Cheap phones

Emerging Market
cheap phones


Flat lining high end sales.

Google it
post #106 of 216

Nope... used an Apple II as a kid in the 80's, but didn't again until 2009 when I got an iPod touch, and iPod shuffle. I lost the shuffle, but still have that touch, as well as an iPhone and iPad. It's hard for some of you to understand that someone could POSSIBLY own an Apple device without being "ZOMG APPLE RELEASED XXXX DEVICE AND IT'S THE BEST NO MATTER WHAT AND I SHALL BUY THREE OF THEM AND PROSELYTE THE WORLD ZOMG"!!

post #107 of 216
Another misleading article glorifying Apple sales. That's not what BNN and CTV are saying here though. A complete bias article. Obviously Apple didn't sell as many iProducts.
post #108 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post

Nope... used an Apple II as a kid in the 80's, but didn't again until 2009 when I got an iPod touch, and iPod shuffle. I lost the shuffle, but still have that touch, as well as an iPhone and iPad. It's hard for some of you to understand that someone could POSSIBLY own an Apple device without being "ZOMG APPLE RELEASED XXXX DEVICE AND IT'S THE BEST NO MATTER WHAT AND I SHALL BUY THREE OF THEM AND PROSELYTE THE WORLD ZOMG"!!

No one cares about your flip flopping feature phone shiney nickel impulses.

Here YA GO...

Emerging markets

Cheap phones
post #109 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by burts bees View Post

Re read


Wow.. Reread the article and quit the umbrella narrative.

You didn't reply once so you're avoiding the message: here you go AGAIN...


Emerging markets
Cheap phones

Emerging markets
Cheap phones

Emerging Market
cheap phones


Flat lining high end sales.

Google it

 

I think I am missing something kind sir.... how does what you just posted affect the fact that their profits are going up and Apple's are going down?

post #110 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post

I think I am missing something kind sir.... how does what you just posted affect the fact that their profits are going up and Apple's are going down?
Quit the bullshit hyper linking distractions


Address what I said and we can play your childish game


Emerging markets

Cheap phones (crickets.....)
post #111 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post

I think I am missing something kind sir.... how does what you just posted affect the fact that their profits are going up and Apple's are going down?


Crickets

Crickets ...

Chirp
post #112 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by burts bees View Post

Quit the bullshit hyper linking distractions


Address what I said and we can play your childish game


Emerging markets

Cheap phones (crickets.....)


You may want to turn everyone's gaze from the article you incorrectly posted on.

But why let you off so easy 1smile.gif


Emerging markets
Vs high end market

Cheap phones vs high end phones

Who's thriving
Whose flat lining?

Everything else you throw in is a distraction from this fact.
post #113 of 216

Here's a question:

 

What's the solution for Apple to grow its bottom line?

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #114 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by burts bees View Post


No one cares about your flip flopping feature phone shiney nickel impulses.

Here YA GO...

Emerging markets

Cheap phones

 

And again I ask... what does that have ANYTHING to do with reported NET profits? Who cares if I sell ONE item and make 10B dollars or if I sell 10 BILLION items and make 10B dollars?? Guess what........ read real close........ because it may get by you...... I made the SAME amount of money!!!! AMAZING isn't it?? Hard to comprehend?? Yes I understand that.... but maybe you can get your mommy to sit down and explain it to you?

post #115 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by burts bees View Post


Who's thriving
Whose flat lining?

Everything else you throw in is a distraction from this fact.

 

First off... it's "Who's flat lining" not "Whose".

 

Secondly... to answer that question you can EASILY read some of the links I posted, or you can just BLINDLY continue blathering and pretending that Apple made more NET profit this year than last year this time, BUT THEY DIDN'T. And you can continue to PRETEND that Samsung made LESS this year than last year this time, BUT THEY DIDN'T.

 

Reading comprehension is your friend Burt.

post #116 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post

And again I ask... what does that have ANYTHING to do with reported NET profits? Who cares if I sell ONE item and make 10B dollars or if I sell 10 BILLION items and make 10B dollars?? Guess what........ read real close........ because it may get by you...... I made the SAME amount of money!!!! AMAZING isn't it?? Hard to comprehend?? Yes I understand that.... but maybe you can get your mommy to sit down and explain it to you?
What's amazing Juanito keyboard masturbator is that you're repelled by the two words you refuse to repeat and can't admit what that means apples competitors "race to the bottom" business..


Everything you say (and link) reinforces this business model and does not reflect Apples business high end business ambitions AND success.

What high end success you say of Samsung..


RIGH, the one thats flat lining .


Please please please go away to your potty.
Your numbers are constipation you
post #117 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by burts bees View Post

What's amazing Juanito keyboard masturbator is that you're repelled by the two words you refuse to repeat and can't admit what that means apples competitors "race to the bottom" business..


Everything you say (and link) reinforces this business model and does not reflect Apples business high end business ambitions AND success.

What high end success you say of Samsung..


RIGH, the one thats flat lining .


Please please please go away to your potty.
Your numbers are constipation you
Constipating you very much
post #118 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post
 

 

How is a 33% increase in sales considered "flat"??

 

Basic math - take 30 Million and multiply by .333...  you'll get 10 Million. Now add that to the original number(30 Million) and VOILA, you get 40 Million. I think ANYONE(regardless of what side of the fence you are on) would agree that an increase of 33% in sales is quite an achievement.

 

those are BS numbers.  Those are shipped numbers and a bunch of those phones could still be unsold.  Apple reports shipped and channel fill.  If Samsung S4 did out sell the S3 they would have made huge announcements to the press.  Why is Samsung so quiet about S4 sales the last 3 months?  Because they SUCK bad.  While iPhones continue to grow 20-30% every year

 

But the proof is Samsung admitting in their last THREE quarterly earnings reports that their high end phones sales are flat.  They also admit that their growth in profits came from the low end phones. 

 

Bottom line is Samdungs time is over.  The only reason they got hot with the S3/S4 was screen size.  Their OS, services, build quality, and customer service are no better than the dozen other Android brands.  HTC, LG, Nokia, Sony, and a bunch of Chinese brands offer phones with just as big screens and specs.  And many times they are cheaper.  So why would anyone be loyal to Samdung if the only reason they bought Samdung was because of screen size? 

post #119 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by QwertyJuan View Post

First off... it's "Who's flat lining" not "Whose".

Secondly... to answer that question you can EASILY read some of the links I posted, or you can just BLINDLY continue blathering and pretending that Apple made more NET profit this year than last year this time, BUT THEY DIDN'T. And you can continue to PRETEND that Samsung made LESS this year than last year this time, BUT THEY DIDN'T.

Reading comprehension is your friend Burt.
I think we hear you pushing again.

Ok,
Well wait then.
post #120 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

those are BS numbers.  Those are shipped numbers and a bunch of those phones could still be unsold.  Apple reports shipped and channel fill.  If Samsung S4 did out sell the S3 they would have made huge announcements to the press.  Why is Samsung so quiet about S4 sales the last 3 months?  Because they SUCK bad.  While iPhones continue to grow 20-30% every year

 

Speaking of channel inventory...

 

I noticed from the q4 2012 that there was an estimated 9 million units in the channel.

 

In the q4 2013 there was an estimated 14 million units in the channel.

 

I'm not even sure what all that means but I'm sure it is not inconsequential.

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Apple earned more than Samsung, LG, Nokia, Huawei, Lenovo & Motorola's mobile shipments combined
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple earned more than Samsung, LG, Nokia, Huawei, Lenovo & Motorola's mobile shipments combined