or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › find a friends iPad using my iPad?

find a friends iPad using my iPad?

post #1 of 4

Is there a way, my friend can use my iPad to find his iPad?

Skip

post #2 of 4

you can't log into iCloud from Safari on iOS ... but perhaps with a different browser?

... I haven't tried it, so it might not work... but try a different browser and see if you can log in.

(I think Dolphin is free if you need to find one real quick... i also think Chrome might be available for iOS.)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #3 of 4

Thank you. Turned out I was trying to locate his iPad, after logging into my account and not his.

It appears his iPad is turned off, or hidden? I say this because it's say's it's online, but can't locate, but then agin, 3 minutes later it say's it's not online?

But once I logged in as him (with him there to put in his info), it at least looked for it.

post #4 of 4

If his iPad is NOT cellular, then the only way it can be "located" is if it is on a WiFi network that is contained in whatever location database(s) Apple uses for this.  Most personal WiFi networks will NOT be included in such a database ... so seeing it as "online" but "unable to locate" is not that unusual.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › find a friends iPad using my iPad?