or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Problems with iPhone 5 and BMW Snap-In Adapter

Problems with iPhone 5 and BMW Snap-In Adapter

post #1 of 5

I have a 2012 BMW 328i convertible with the tech package with apps. I picked up the new iPhone 5 snap-in cradle only to find that everything works on the nav screen with the iDrive but no sound! We have swapped out the adapter and even used another iPhone with no luck. I don't know if this is an ios 7 problem or a BMW problem. Anyone else have any ideas?

At $275.00 this thing should work!

Thanks for any input on this bug, Don

post #2 of 5

Same here - I have a 2013 328i with tech package and just got the iPhone 5 Snap In Adapter. Everything works except for the audio. You're right - this should work!

post #3 of 5

I have tried everything at the dealer and they were more than happy to refund my money, I will buy it again as soon as they get this item sorted out.

Don

post #4 of 5

The snap in adaptor for the iPhone 5 that plays music does not exist yet.  The part number you need is 84 21 2 351 309.  The one you have is the basic model which will only charge your phone and not play music or video

post #5 of 5
I have a 2013 650i and the part number you listed will not work. No audio
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Problems with iPhone 5 and BMW Snap-In Adapter