or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung tempers expectations for a 64-bit Android answer to Apple's A7

Samsung tempers expectations for a 64-bit Android answer to Apple's A7 - Page 5

post #161 of 172
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post
"... We will offer the first 64-bit AP based on ARM's own core [reference design]."

And it will be slow and power-hungry.

And most Android apps will run in 32-bit compatibility mode anyway.

Time to make some popcorn!

Oh wait.  No, I'll make popcorn some time next year.  

Whenever Sammy rushes out their generic 64-bit ARM "reference design" SoC.

Sent from my iPhone Simulator

Sent from my iPhone Simulator

post #162 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

That's what I figured from his fanatical manner, humbug and pretentious air of superiority.

I just don't understand why he would use a pseudonym. Others don't, like Mikey Campbell.

edit: I think Daniel ought to be open about this, make his statements profound, whether people agree or disagree with his articles.
post #163 of 172
Writing an article and then pretending you're some random internet guy when commenting on that same article seems a bit Samsung-y doesn't it?
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #164 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Mark my words- Samsung will release a 64 bit processor on their next galaxy phone and have no apps or OS that supports it. They'll market the hell of it.

I've been saying this since the A7 went public. 

The Galaxy S5 will be shouting 64-bit in name only performance from the rooftops with no OS or software to support it, and the androidiots will eat it up.

post #165 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Writing an article and then pretending you're some random internet guy when commenting on that same article seems a bit Samsung-y doesn't it?

I don't know about Samsung-y (though I can see where you're coming from), but I'm just surprised at the thought of a "journalist" who writes columns and then hits up the comments section to throw out personal attacks at anyone who disagrees with him/her.  It speaks volumes to the level of professionalism, or lack thereof.

post #166 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidFTW View Post

I don't know about Samsung-y (though I can see where you're coming from), but I'm just surprised at the thought of a "journalist" who writes columns and then hits up the comments section to throw out personal attacks at anyone who disagrees with him/her.  It speaks volumes to the level of professionalism, or lack thereof.

The sites name is APPLEinsider- just in case any dumb asses can't read- or fail to comprehend...

android sucks, but not as much as the people who come here to defend it.

New for MS dorks - Microsoft sucks just as much as the losers that come to AI to defend it

New for MS dorks - Microsoft sucks just as much as the losers that come to AI to defend it

post #167 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDogRandy View Post

The sites name is APPLEinsider- just in case any dumb asses can't read- or fail to comprehend...

Speaking of reading comprehension and the other - what is the first word of the thread topic?

post #168 of 172

As I posted, and you quoted this is an Apple centric site. And articles like this one -no matter what lame-ass company is mention in the title-will be presented in Apples favor. Understanding that one should assume that the writers may decide to back-up/defend their stories when shills and trolls come to pick on Apple.  

Now, what part of the name of this site do you not understand?

post #169 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDogRandy View Post

As I posted, and you quoted this is an Apple centric site. And articles like this one -no matter what lame-ass company is mention in the title-will be presented in Apples favor. Understanding that one should assume that the writers may decide to back-up/defend their stories when shills and trolls come to pick on Apple.  

Now, what part of the name of this site do you not understand?

I don't think anyone is saying he shouldn't defend his own articles, that's every blogger's/journalist's right.  But many of us find it quite disingenuous when he uses a pseudonym to respond and often refers to the author of the article in the third person.  He claims to be a serious journalist so perhaps he should start having having the balls to be fully open about who he is.  There are many posters on these forums who have no idea that Corrections is DED, and new members would certainly not know.

post #170 of 172
Apparently, for smartphones 64 bit will become mandatory once RAM gets above 1TB
post #171 of 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by aBeliefSystem View Post

Apparently, for smartphones 64 bit will become mandatory once RAM gets above 1TB

above 1TB??

They are required to break the 4GB barrier forget 1TB.

post #172 of 172
You seem full of loose bits. 8 of then in fact.

The current ARM CPUs are 40 bit.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung tempers expectations for a 64-bit Android answer to Apple's A7