or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › IDC retroactively discovers ten million tablets sold in the year ago quarter

IDC retroactively discovers ten million tablets sold in the year ago quarter - Page 2

post #41 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Please. Mods. Come on. Ban this… thing. Not even a person.

Just once I’d like to see a... thing like this tracked down and interviewed in their lair. I bet it would be a pitiful site.

post #42 of 55
Maybe IDC uses Excel on a Surface to add things up.
post #43 of 55
IDC = It Doesn't Compute
post #44 of 55
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

... many use cheap parts and non Google-approved versions of Android that can result in an unsatisfactory customer experience, limited usage, and very little engagement with the ecosystem ...

No sh1t, Sherlock.  

But hey, sometimes cheap is better than good, right?  

That explains Android in a nutshell.

Sent from my iPhone Simulator

Sent from my iPhone Simulator

post #45 of 55
iPad is destroying Android right now. iPhones are ripping though Android. Android and Samsung are panicked. Hence this kind of lying fabrication.

Watch. The. Numbers. In. January.
post #46 of 55

There are more posts responding to the troll than discussing this topic. Why do you guys insist on feeding it?

post #47 of 55

What gets me here is IDC is reporting that they were wildly inaccurate, and so we are supposed to listen to them about what it all means.

Now there are a few Android tablets out there in the wild; occasionally you see them. But it's rare.

The Mac tablets are everywhere and in use. So we can imagine that people get a present of a "just as good as" non iPad and they use it for watching some videos and after a time, leave it in a drawer. The usage numbers for traffic from an iPad are around 90% -- which backs that up.

So as an advertiser-supported platform, Android pads are not doing as well in the market -- it's likely a break even economic situation that is being subsidized.

post #48 of 55
IDC? These guys haven't been relavent for some time.
post #49 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

"Ninety percent of everything is crap." —Theodore Sturgeon
"Sturgeon's Law"

It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on him not understanding it" - Sinclair Lewis
post #50 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Well, you know, those warehouses… hard to keep track of.

"Warehouse 13"

post #51 of 55
Where did his bull**** come from.
And will this revelation have anything to do with Apple's money? Hell no!
And of course this is just someone's attempt at manipulating Apple's stock.
Lol. Apple has huge profit margins. They don't do cheap. What type of tablets were sold?$ A $49 POS running Android 1.5. you could get with a Black Friday purchase of $100 or more. OMFG!
Slow Monday ain't it!
post #52 of 55
Not sure why folk are having trouble understanding IDC and Strategy Analytics raison d'être.
It's fairly straightforward. Not all companies have the resources to perform viable market research, so if you have say, a new marketing idea, your go to help is likely IDC or similar if your new ploy involves the 'tech' side of business. They will test your 'new' idea and rate it's chances of success.
Why go to IDC in the first place? Well it's these sort of reports that keep the ball rolling which would definitely not be the case if they reported truthfully that the iPad was crushing the life out of the market. They are able to leave enough space for a newcomer. Here in the UK, Tesco(the mega-sized food retailer) has just launched a POS 'white box' tablet - the Hudl. Actually...POS is too polite but it does have jelly bean os 1biggrin.gif. Importantly, it undercuts Amazon's very similar tablet. I can't imagine they did their own market research...they would have used say IDC, who simply gave them numbers good enough to encourage Tesco "to have a go". All they would want at the end of the day, is to cover their costs.
IDC...they just tell you what you want to hear....if you are not Apple.
post #53 of 55

"Member jobsonmyface has been added to your Block list. You may need to refresh the page to hide their posts."

Well, that was easy enough :)

post #54 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Where are they? Sitting in the bottom of a desk drawer? Or perhaps in a warehouse somewhere?

On Walmart store shelves...yeah, those junk android tablets cost around$59-$99...sure, those should be included in IDC list already. IDC, why don't you actually use the number of tablets sold instead?

I Want My iOS UI Like in Apple Watch"
I Want My iOS UI Like in Apple Watch"
post #55 of 55
Why does the drivel get airtime in here? Clearly these alleged analysts are making shit up.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • IDC retroactively discovers ten million tablets sold in the year ago quarter
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › IDC retroactively discovers ten million tablets sold in the year ago quarter