or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Twelve years ago today Apple began selling iPod

Twelve years ago today Apple began selling iPod - Page 2

post #41 of 46
Originally Posted by pdq2 View Post

I don't know if it's worth trying to repair, or even possible.

Should be. Just find a 1.8” HDD on eBay.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
post #42 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

No, I meant you should used the 'the' before 'iPod'. Otherwise you end up sounding like a wannabe Steve and it's cringeworthy.

I never noticed that before but you are right, Steve did just say iPod ... kind of like it was a person.
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
Google Motto "You're not the customer. You're the product."
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
Google Motto "You're not the customer. You're the product."
post #43 of 46

I-pod changed everything! Glad it has stuck around!

post #44 of 46
According to Apple's recent 10K filing here:

http://investor.apple.com

iPhones now outsell iPods by almost 6:1, revenue is over 20:1. The iPod sales dropped 17% 2011-2012 and a further 25% 2012-2013. At a certain point, they'll start killing off various models. I'd guess the classic first but whichever sells in the lowest volume or makes the lowest profit. I've never been a fan of the Shuffle. It hits a lower entry point at $50 but no screen and just 2GB of storage. The next level up is a $150 16GB iPod Nano. I imagine there's a way they can downgrade the Nano to 4-8GB and get it somewhere below $100.
post #45 of 46

I remember getting the 30gb colour photo model when i needed more storage bought a 160gb classic i use it daily in the car 5 years on still going strong.

Lee
macbook pro 2.9ghz 750gd hd, 8gb ram, 160gb Ipod Classic, iphone 5 32gb, ipad mini 32gb

Lee
macbook pro 2.9ghz 750gd hd, 8gb ram, 160gb Ipod Classic, iphone 5 32gb, ipad mini 32gb

post #46 of 46

Only if the OP wanted a specific iPad, as opposed to any one of the new ones. Using "the" indicates you have a specific item in mind, as in "I would like the new iPad I see on the counter".

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Twelve years ago today Apple began selling iPod