or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › First Look: Apple's iPad mini with Retina display
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

First Look: Apple's iPad mini with Retina display - Page 2

post #41 of 47

Wow... I like that.

post #42 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post


No it doesn't. A bunch of dishonest little blowhard chihuahuas on MacRumors and The Verge are trying to spread the idea that the colors are washed out, but they are not washed out on mine.

But go ahead and join in the yapping if you feel you need to.

So you think they faked the picture just for lulz? Even if they did, have you seen any more objective testing of the color gamut? 

post #43 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post


No it doesn't. A bunch of dishonest little blowhard chihuahuas on MacRumors and The Verge are trying to spread the idea that the colors are washed out, but they are not washed out on mine.

But go ahead and join in the yapping if you feel you need to.

And in fact now I can prove you wrong


So the original comparison seems about right. So you keep yapping if you want. 



http://tablets.reviewed.com/content/ipad-mini-with-retina-display-tablet-review/the-science

post #44 of 47
Yep, tipoo old bean, looks like your unsubstantiated parroting got some underpinning there. This guy Chris seems impeccable.

Next time I go to the Apple store, I'll be checking it out with my own eyes, admittedly not objective instruments.

I hope others will be following up on this as well. To be continued.

Edit: I see you have a smug little comment on The Verge attributing this color issue to Apple's regard for its "margins." Along with its "binned lower" processors for the mini. You don't know that, you have no right to say it (under the norms of decency in communication), and so deserve another lashing in advance until you are lucky enough to come up with some more "proof."
Edited by Flaneur - 11/14/13 at 11:07am
post #45 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

Yep, tipoo old bean, looks like your unsubstantiated parroting got some underpinning there. This guy Chris seems impeccable.

Next time I go to the Apple store, I'll be checking it out with my own eyes, admittedly not objective instruments.

I hope others will be following up on this as well. To be continued.

Edit: I see you have a smug little comment on The Verge attributing this color issue to Apple's regard for its "margins." Along with its "binned lower" processors for the mini. You don't know that, you have no right to say it (under the norms of decency in communication), and so deserve another lashing in advance until you are lucky enough to come up with some more "proof."



You're right, they must have deliberately paid the manufacturer to make the screen with a lower gamut, so they were actually reducing their own margins with the inferior display. 

And the processor /is/ the same part as the 5S, which is binned for 1.3GHz. 

So sore over being proven wrong? I love when people grasp at straws after they are.
Unsubstantiated parroting, hah. That's what you were doing, as at least my first post had some proof behind it which was now proven further. 

I can already predict what your own eyes will see, and the one thing you are right about is them not being an objective measure. 

post #46 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipoo View Post
 

And in fact now I can prove you wrong


So the original comparison seems about right. So you keep yapping if you want. 



http://tablets.reviewed.com/content/ipad-mini-with-retina-display-tablet-review/the-science

The one aspect of those sorts of articles that always leave me with an itch is they close to never state how many units they used for their plot, and this one doe not that I see. And as anyone in the measurement game knows without multiple samples all you've got is anecdote with numbers. How many measurements (so is the measurement repeatable) and how many different units (so is the measured data statistically significant as a representation of the population of units). It's somewhat funny: they start out with "The Science" yet actually do not present anything "scientific": not error bars showing the spread of their measurements, no mention of how multiple samples of the devices behaved relative to each other…  That subtitle would be better as "The Anecdote".

 

Better than nothing, but close to that given N-1 is the usual practise ….

post #47 of 47

Stumbled across exactly the one I wanted at Best Buy today.  Added a Logitech keyboard cover.

 

This thing is awesome, so much more portable than my old broken iPad2.

 

Retina is not hyped.  The resolution on this is awesome.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › First Look: Apple's iPad mini with Retina display