or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Italian government levels tax fraud accusation at Apple, raids local HQ

Italian government levels tax fraud accusation at Apple, raids local HQ - Page 3

post #81 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason98 View Post

$1B is probably less than the entire inventory Apple sold in Italy which is a country known to be not very iOS friendly.

LOL, Italy is not iOS friendly? Is this a joke?

post #82 of 84
Apple owes money, the Irish two step is going the way of the Dodo.
post #83 of 84
well, can't it be that it is also possible that Apple actually evades taxes? I mean, I live in Italy and fair enough, judicial system has serious issues in efficiency. but this doesn't mean they HAVE to be wrong.
Plus consider also that apple had troubles in other countries... in US for example: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887324787004578495250424727708
post #84 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOROM View Post

And don't forget the Republican Supreme Court agreed.
Hmmmm. Somebody doesn't understand the constitution. I wonder who it is.

It might be you who doesn't understand. Justice Roberts essentially DID say it was unconstitutional unless it was applied as a tax, which is not how it was written. Roberts basically "rewrote" the law to get it passed. Something the Supreme Court is not allowed to do. They don't write laws and neither does the president. Only the Congress can write the laws. The Supremes determine if they are constitutional. Since this one clearly wasn't, it should've been struck down.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Italian government levels tax fraud accusation at Apple, raids local HQ