or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › MacRumors has been hacked!

MacRumors has been hacked!

post #1 of 3

Got an email from MacRumors this morning advising me to change my password. Seems they got hacked. Couldn’t happen to a better troll infested cesspool of a website who claims to be Apple centric but has the most vitriolic base of Apple haters ever assembled in one place. 

post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Got an email from MacRumors this morning advising me to change my password. Seems they got hacked. Couldn’t happen to a better troll infested cesspool of a website who claims to be Apple centric but has the most vitriolic base of Apple haters ever assembled in one place. 

MacRumors should have been notifying their users several days ago. They didn't just find out.
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

MacRumors should have been notifying their users several days ago. They didn't just find out.

About a month ago I contacted MacRumors to inquire about canceling/deleting my account. I had decided to stop visiting the site its because of the troll infestation. Their response basically was that they could not shut down my account or delete it. I should just forget about it. Now this email. Great.

Their explanation as to why they couldn’t advise the membership sooner was that their email provider would block a mass mailing so they had to spread the notifications out over days. Sounds like a real shoestring operation to me but then a lot of these types of sites are one man operations out of a bedroom or basement.

So I changed my password and went on with the day. I really do hate those asses on MacRumors. I’m surprised Scott Wilson isn’t the head troll over there.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › MacRumors has been hacked!