or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Judge whittles Apple v. Samsung case down as Schiller concludes testimony [u]

Judge whittles Apple v. Samsung case down as Schiller concludes testimony [u] - Page 3

post #81 of 97

Apple should investigate if Samsung is padding the pockets of Judge Lucy Koh's family back in Korea. I know first-hand how this stuff works in some parts of the world, it is a common practice to send someone's kids to college or buy someone a nice mansion in the islands.

bb
bb
post #82 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by MazeCookie View Post

Let me clear something up, my original comment was light hearted and in a jokingly manner. It's like comment #4 or something, check it out. I apologise if it did not come across that way. I in no way believe she is biased towards Samsung because of her heritage. I am merely defending the point I am not being racist.

Whether you want to look into it in its deepest possible respect and try and look for racism, as I said, I am making a connection between an attribute of a person and a company.
Ok, perhaps use the sarcasm tag next time.
post #83 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

So Samsung still guilty of infringing those four patents and will pay damages for having done so. Judge Koh only ruled that additional damages for lost profits on those four wasn't proven by Apple. That's quite different than the AI article implied.
ii agree with her decision about additional damages....but you could argue that new devices require additional licensing like msft and everyone else pays to Apple.
post #84 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPaidBySamsung View Post

So Apple copy Samsung Tab 7 with IPad Mini.  Blatant to see for all!
actually is not a blatant copy in terms of look or size or screen ratio. For a while i used to confuse Samsung devices with Apple devices....Apple entering the mini tablet market has never even remotely looked like a samsung device at all. In fact the mini looked just like a iTouch. I think thats why mini got the new tablet design first.
post #85 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez Whitey View Post

Koreans are cool, Samsung not so much

Gangnam style.

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

post #86 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00master View Post

Cannot believe all of the racist comments on here. Unbelievable. Apple crazy fanboys have truly reached the limit here.

Yes. This is racist.

It's unreal what a bunch of whiny wusses people are nowadays about stuff. There's nothing at all inappropriate about speculating whether somebody's background could influence their decisions.  Look up the definition of racism sometime - it's not linked to wondering whether a judge with a particular ancestry could render biased judgements when a trial involves a company from that judges ancestral homeland.

Next thing we'll hear is that it's "racist" to wonder if the familial ties between judges and attorneys in the Eastern District of Texas patent suits somehow influence the decisions there...

I can see where the comment about one Asian defending fellow "Asians" could be considered ignorant since few Asians see other nationalities as 'fellow' - no love lost between China, Korea, Japan, etc., but ignorance of history and/or geography isn't racism.  (A comment about how Oriental judges rulings are as bad as their driving - that would be racist, OK? Until then, please lose the over-PC chip on the shoulder.)

post #87 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstep View Post

It's unreal what a bunch of whiny wusses people are nowadays about stuff. There's nothing at all inappropriate about speculating whether somebody's background could influence their decisions.  Look up the definition of racism sometime - it's not linked to wondering whether a judge with a particular ancestry could render biased judgements when a trial involves a company from that judges ancestral homeland.

It is racist to consider the fact that someone's origin may bias their decisions.

It's like saying "being a Jew makes you a possible danger for all Aryans" : inacceptable, scandalous, and racist.

It is inappropriate, and no amount of insults will change that. Oh, and by the way wuss : a weak or ineffectual person (often used as a general term of abuse). 

Abuse. Get the idea?

Edited by lightknight - 11/17/13 at 11:53am

post #88 of 97
Quote:

Next thing we'll hear is that it's "racist" to wonder if the familial ties between judges and attorneys in the Eastern District of Texas patent suits somehow influence the decisions there...

I can 
see where the comment about one Asian defending fellow "Asians" could be considered
ignorant
since few Asians see other nationalities as 'fellow' - no love lost between China, Korea, Japan, etc., but ignorance of history and/or geography 
isn't racism.  (A comment about how Oriental judges rulings are as bad as their driving - that would be racist, OK? Until then, please lose the over-PC chip on the shoulder.)

Seriously? Do you question the judge if he/she was white? No you wouldn't. But if the judge doesn't "look" American , then you start questioning? That's racist.
post #89 of 97
Quote:

I can see where the comment about one Asian defending fellow "Asians" could be considered ignorant since few Asians see other nationalities as 'fellow' - no love lost between China, Korea, Japan, etc., but ignorance of history and/or geography isn't racism.  (A comment about how Oriental judges rulings are as bad as their driving - that would be racist, OK? Until then, please lose the over-PC chip on the shoulder.)

They are looking for something to shoehorn into their preconceived notions. It's unlikely that any of them spent have read through court documents or anything of importance. They just see where Apple didn't win something and look for a source of bias that fits their world view. It remains completely idiotic.

post #90 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Seriously? So then white people can't decide cases if either party is white.
Not that simple. If a white guy in Korea was accused of theft, and he got the one white judge in all of Korea to judge him. That judge might do well to recuse him/herself. For the case at hand, how about a judge of Armenian descent? 😉
Edited by Robin Huber - 11/18/13 at 7:56am
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
post #91 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

Not that simple. If a white guy in Korea was accused of theft, and he got the one judge in all of Korea to judge him. That judge might do well to recuse him/herself. For the case at hand, how about a judge of Armenian descent? 😉

Live, work, learn and be judged only by "your own kind" I say. Why we ever got rid of segregation I'll never understand.Only thing we did wrong is we didn't have special "minority courts". /s
melior diabolus quem scies
post #92 of 97

With the way Judge Koh has been reducing the amount that Samsung could be suffering, someone should try to video record her taking a phone call on her cell phone before she handles this case, other cases, or resumes work to see if she has any bias toward either side.

post #93 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Live, work, learn and be judged only by "your own kind" I say. Why we ever got rid of segregation I'll never understand.Only thing we did wrong is we didn't have special "minority courts". /s
Good one! Maybe the case should be moved to the World Court in The Hague. Disputes between big national corporations are getting to be almost the same as disputes between nations.
post #94 of 97
Originally Posted by Sabrfan30 View Post
I know I'm not the only cell phone user that's so very sick of all this mess with Apple vs Samsung everytime you turn around.

So stop paying attention, Mr. “cell phone user”. This is your fault.

I own an I-phone…

No, you don’t.

I research cell phones before I go in for an up-grade. I liked the Samsung over the I-phone 4. And I didn't find a Droid I liked. So I purchased the Samsung. Then the I-phone 5 came out & I really liked the bigger screen & it had alot of features I loved; so I ended up just buying it outright from the Apple Store.

This is smart, at least. 

So I look at it like this. Apple NEEDS to quit crying foul everytime they have a bad sales quarter.

Yeah, see, no, this doesn’t happen. Ever. Both parts. Apple doesn’t have bad quarters, and they don’t “cry foul”. Either prove it or shut up.

Samsung stole from Apple. Period. The truth says so, the law says so, get over it. How you can support a wholesale thief, I’ll never understand.

And I know from talking with many other cell phone users that it's like Apple wants to be the ONLY company people buy their cell phones from.

Then “many other cell phone users” are idiots. Did you really just pretend you can use the category “cell phone users” inclusively?!

Apple is guilty of doing the same thing Samsung has already pleaded guilty to. 

Prove. It.

Apple really needs to be concentrating on the NEW I-phone 6.

So basically, Innovate, Don’t Litigate? SHUT UP.

They had NEVER suffered a quarter loss when Steve Jobs had the company. 

First off, that’s a bold faced lie. Complete and utter tripe. Second, Rules #45 & 46.

IT'S TIME TO PUT THIS MESS ASIDE & GET BACK TO THE BASICS OF WHAT APPLE DOES WELL. AND THAT’S…

PROTECTING ITS INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY SO THAT IT HAS A REASON TO CREATE MORE.

Originally Posted by Cjaer View Post
When did AppleInsider become a haven for trolls?

When I stopped being a mod. Seriously, look at the timeframe.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
post #95 of 97
While not directly connected to this limited damages re-trial Apple may yet succeed on it's permanent injunction request based on Samsung's infringement of it's utility patents (ie swipe/ pinch etc). It'll be back in Judge Koh's hands soon enough on remand by the US Appeals Court.
post #96 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Welcome back.
post #97 of 97
Yet another example of a conflicted emotional judge inflicting their bias on others. These types of judges are useless to our judicial system and should go get jobs where they can be of service to our society, like a greeter at Walmart. At least she isn't as bad as those judges in PA that were sentencing children to labor camps for profit. Those judges should be sent away for life.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Judge whittles Apple v. Samsung case down as Schiller concludes testimony [u]