or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Retina iPad mini display shows poorer color accuracy than Apple's iPad Air
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Retina iPad mini display shows poorer color accuracy than Apple's iPad Air - Page 3

post #81 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I'm actually happy about this.

I didn't like that the iPad Mini Retina was looking to be identical to the larger Air, besides the display size of course.

The Air remains the premium Apple tablet, and I also liked that the Air was clocked slightly higher and has a little better performance than the Mini Retina. The Mini Retina is in between the iPhone 5s and the Air, in terms of performance.

The Mini retina remains a great tablet, but if somebody is a photographer or somebody who is looking for the absolute best performance, then the Air is the tablet to get.

Just because you don't use a rMini yourself doesn't mean you should be happy the rMini has a sub-sRGB display. Personally it kind of sickens me that the Nexus 7 2 has an sRGB blue when the even new, higher prices rMini doesn't have that. Colour gamut should be more important to Apple than that. And you just know the iPad mini 3 will have an sRGB display. If Apple prides itself in making the best products then they shouldn't be greedy about the rMini possibly taking market share from the iPad Air, especially considering the price of the base model rMini.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #82 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post
 

I love how EVERYONE can now obviously tell the difference between the mini/Air display after this report, and have so much outrage, when I didn't hear a SINGLE negative peep about the display from a SINGLE person, from ANY forum or comment section, or ANY reviewer whatsoever. Not one, single negative comment about the screen- every single impression was ridiculously positive. But now, after this report, everyone "notices" how this display is "washed out", "mediocre" , "shitty", etc, when it was near perfect before this report. 

 

Right. What a bunch of dishonest, disingenuous clowns some of you are. Grasping for straws for outrage. Yeah, when a product such as the mini pushes the envelope of technology to the limit, in terms of form factor, build quality, battery life, thinness, lightness, PPI, etc- you might need some tiny technical compromises to make the final product possible. If there was a comparable overall product to the mini made by anyone else on the planet, I'd say people have a point. But there isn't. Every single other product it's compared to has significant downfalls and compromises in one or more areas. 

 

Bravo.

 

Both the Air and MiniR are technological marvels.  The combination of CPU power, batter life, lightness, thiness, in a metal form factor is unmatched.  Yet we still have idiots bring up color gamut.

 

When was the last time you heard someone grumbling about the color gamut on their HDTV?  This is just an excuse for Apple haters to spew more of their crap.

post #83 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

So in other words it's NOT an oversaturated mess like you find on, say, Samsung devices.

Got it.

Color gamut and saturation have nothing to do with each other. Educate yourself before posting. 

post #84 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


Just because you don't use a rMini yourself doesn't mean you should be happy the rMini has a sub-sRGB display. Personally it kind of sickens me that the Nexus 7 2 has an sRGB blue when the even new, higher prices rMini doesn't have that. Colour gamut should be more important to Apple than that. And you just know the iPad mini 3 will have an sRGB display. If Apple prides itself in making the best products then they shouldn't be greedy about the rMini possibly taking market share from the iPad Air, especially considering the price of the base model rMini.

 

Then buy the Nexus 7.

 

If it makes you so sick vote with your dollars.  But of course you won't.  Because you know in your heart the MiniR is the far superior product but you just want to lash out at any small problem with any Apple product to make yourself feel better.

post #85 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

The Air is the top of the line iPad.  ($499 vs $399)

Why would you expect the MiniR to have the EXACT same quality screen?

The mini should be at least sRGB. Nobody will lose sleep if it's not exactly the same as the Air, but sub-sRGB for a 2013 16GB rMini isn't exactly great news for the mini. Apple should care more.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #86 of 200
Ok, time to repost what Raymond Soneira said last year about the reduced color gamut on the iPad mini 1 and the iPad 2.

PAY ATTENTION ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO THINK APPLE CHEAPED OUT:

"The iPad mini and iPad 2 both have a reduced Color Gamut due to weak Red and Blue primaries that result from the White LED Backlighting. It's an intentional tradeoff made to increase screen brightness, power efficiency and battery run time. The new iPad corrects these deficiencies and has a much larger Gamut that is an excellent match to the Standard so it can produce accurate colors as long as there is also an accurate Standard White Point and Standard Intensity Scale."

You'll find the review here:

http://www.displaymate.com/Gamut_11.html

The "new iPad" he's referring to is the iPad 3 or 4.

Now, using that rarely applied human resource, logic, we see that it is the restrained backlighting—for the purpose of keeping down weight and preserving battery life—that has caused Apple to go with reduced gamut on the new retina Mini.

They did it not to preserve their margin, but to preserve the mini form factor. You can argue that this was the wrong choice, but don't be talking trash about it being a profits decision or even a technology decision. It's a user experience decision. They have to fit all the works in that machined aluminum case, now .3 mm thicker, and the device less than an ounce heavier.
post #87 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

 

Bravo.

 

Both the Air and MiniR are technological marvels.  The combination of CPU power, batter life, lightness, thiness, in a metal form factor is unmatched.  Yet we still have idiots bring up color gamut.

 

When was the last time you heard someone grumbling about the color gamut on their HDTV?  This is just an excuse for Apple haters to spew more of their crap.

A HDTV is rarely used to accurately edit picture. You would be the same person in another thread to argue that the iPad is not a toy but a personal computer. If that's the case and it comes with software to edit pictures then it better be able to produce accurate colors. Can't have it both ways. 

 

The only idiots (your word not mine) would be the people that would be bashing the hell out of Samsung or Amazon if this article was about the Galaxy or the Fire. Which we all know would be a pile on. Again can't have it both ways. 

post #88 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Then buy the Nexus 7 you clown.

Pathetic.

Don't call me a clown and pathetic. You've been reported.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #89 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Then buy the Nexus 7 you clown.

If it makes you so sick vote with your dollars.  But of course you won't.  Because you know in your heart the MiniR is the far superior product but you just want to lash out at any small problem with any Apple product to make yourself feel better.  Pathetic.

You know nothing about me. Stop talking now before you embarrass yourself further. I'm a huge Apple nut who has owned every large iPad, every iPhone, 5 iMacs, 2 MacBook Airs, 2 Apple TVs, 10 iPods, 4 AirPort Extremes and 1 AirPort Express. And I'm an AAPL shareholder. Check out my location. Quit this forum now before you give yourself a headache.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #90 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

The mini should be at least sRGB.
No kidding. I mean really, it is 2013 right?
post #91 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
 

 

Does Apple provide information about iPad display color accuracy on their web site?  Unless Apple actually provides this information, wouldn't people just assume (and rightly so) that color accuracy is the same on all iPad models?

No, Apple does not need to provide anything, there are off the shelf hardware that can read color. For example, X-Rite has a device called i1Display Pro, which can also read color from your screen for $270

bb
Reply
bb
Reply
post #92 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

I have both the Air and new mini and its not so bad.  You can see the difference if you look carefully at both but normally you just used one device at a time...

On the other hand, the screen retention problem seems pretty serious. My ipad Air has it, my mini is OK. From what I saw the problem is pretty wipespread and could trigger a major recall at some point.

Recall?
Don't make me laugh.
Everything Apple do is controlled by the software and not hardware.
post #93 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Just because you don't use a rMini yourself doesn't mean you should be happy the rMini has a sub-sRGB display. Personally it kind of sickens me that the Nexus 7 2 has an sRGB blue when the even new, higher prices rMini doesn't have that. Colour gamut should be more important to Apple than that. And you just know the iPad mini 3 will have an sRGB display. If Apple prides itself in making the best products then they shouldn't be greedy about the rMini possibly taking market share from the iPad Air, especially considering the price of the base model rMini.

You are way off here, way off.

If the retina mini were to be full sRGB it would have to be significantly heavier and thicker, or it would lose hours of battery life. As a stockholder, I would think these choices would concern you more.

Edit: And see my post above, please, then consider your sickening again. Maybe you'll feel better!
Edited by Flaneur - 11/18/13 at 11:27am
post #94 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlApple View Post
 

You have no clue what you are talking about. Color gamut is not subjective it can be measured accurately. If you hold up an iPhone 5 next to the new Mini anyone can tell the Mini is washed out due to the lack of color gamut. If this was Samsung you would be bashing them, you are the one that is dishonest. 

 

 

Where the hell did I say that color gamut is not an objective measure? All I said that was the difference did not even warrant a single negative comment about the display from anyone who has viewed or reviewed it thus far, which is saying something. 

 

Also, I'm "dishonest" because of a hypothetical, fictional scenario you pulled out of your ass, where you claim I would be bashing Samsung over color gamut? No actually, I never have, and would never bother bashing Samsung over something so trivial- that would be very low in the heirarchy of things I would bash them for, and not even worth mentioning compared to their larger offenses. For example, their IP theft, their shameless cloning of success hardware and software concepts from Apple, their repugnant Touchwiz interface, the inconsistent and shoddy performance of their products, the shitty build quality of their products which is described as "ridiculously cheap and slimy plastic" from reviews, their dishonest and underhanded marketing, their bulletpoints of features which hardly function (ie. eye-tracking, gestures, etc), the way they spam products to see what sticks, the way they dishonestly fix benchmarks to make them favorable, etc. Color gamut? Yeah, that would be WAAY down the list, nevermind the fact that Samsung's mobile devices are notorious for having extreme saturation and nowhere NEAR accurate colors. So yeah, try again. 

post #95 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleinsiderFrm View Post

No kidding. I mean really, it is 2013 right?

See my posts above. Ready to be logical and not emotional?
post #96 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

You are way off here, way off.

If the retina mini were to be full sRGB it would have to be significantly heavier and thicker, or it would lose hours of battery life. As a stockholder, I would think these choices would concern you more.

And you know this for a fact? Keep in mind the thickness of the Air.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #97 of 200
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post
That's an interesting point. Actually, it's not.

 

And if it actually wasn’t, you would have stated why.

And if it actually wasn’t, you would have made an actually interesting point.

 

Simple.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #98 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlApple View Post

If you hold up an iPhone 5 next to the new Mini anyone can tell the Mini is washed out due to the lack of color gamut.

Exactly, if you hold it up next to something else you can contrast difference easily. Just as if you told me one flagpole was 21 feet high and another was 20 feet high I couldn't easily tell you which was shorter and which was taller until you did a side-by-side comparison.
post #99 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

You are way off here, way off.

If the retina mini were to be full sRGB it would have to be significantly heavier and thicker, or it would lose hours of battery life. As a stockholder, I would think these choices would concern you more.

Edit: And see my post above, please, then consider your sickening again. Maybe you'll feel better!

There are other factors to consider here beside an additional power draw; considerations that I think weigh heavier on their choice for the Retina iPad Mini display. Namely the choice to stick with 1024x768 with a better color gamut for another year or move to Retina but have to sacrifice a premium color gamut for the entirety of the line due in order to produce enough units to make the update worth it.

Of course I want perfect sRBG range but I would not have bought the 2013 iPad mini if had that but was not Retina. In fact I bought the Retina iPad Mini after I read Anand's review of the new iPad Mini knowing full well the color gamut may not be as good as with the iPad Air or those other tablets that ship in much lower volume and have a much worse UX despite their better color gamut.
post #100 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

 

Agree with this.  I see pictures comparing the two but really the panels need to have the same break-in period to compare.  Also there are differences between individual iPads.  Bottom line is the difference is so minor its not even worth discussing.  I own an Air and had some time with a MiniR and there is no difference to me.  Unless you do professional photo work.  In that case stop being cheap and expect a $399 product to bring home your bacon.  Go buy a thunderbolt display for $999.


Because everyone can bring a 27" thunderbolt display out on location... ...not.

A few observations: 

 

1. the screen shots on Anandtech show a clear difference, not hard to discern at all and there's no reason to believe Anand had an interest in skewing.  He loves the product.

2. After resolution and calibration of saturation, etc., gamut is the most important variable left (more important e.g., than pure off-axis view angles for those who care about their pics - and moot here as off-axis is likely close on both). 

Bottom line: for photogs and the visually discerning, the Air's gamut is good enough for pre-proofing and maximal "pop" in general viewing.  While the mini's is good enough for posting on facebook, sharing grab shots with friends and collecting memories.

And Apple knew this going in and was mum - which is their prerogative but not particularly laudatory. 

So. Whatever. I was already leaning toward the Air. I do both writing and photography on the go and the bigger virtual KB's a blessing in the first regard, and now I know the gamut is in the latter. 

An iPhone, a Leatherman and thou...  ...life is complete.

Reply

An iPhone, a Leatherman and thou...  ...life is complete.

Reply
post #101 of 200
Lifted from the conclusion of the review%u2026

"As much as I prefer the iPad Air%u2019s display and as much as I love having more performance, I%u2019d probably lean towards the mini personally."

This is an issue looking for a headline. Oh wait, it found one!
post #102 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

I have both the Air and new mini and its not so bad.  You can see the difference if you look carefully at both but normally you just used one device at a time...

On the other hand, the screen retention problem seems pretty serious. My ipad Air has it, my mini is OK. From what I saw the problem is pretty wipespread and could trigger a major recall at some point.
trade in you defective devices for non defective ones please.
post #103 of 200
AT THIS POINT WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?
 
Where's the new Apple TV?
Reply
 
Where's the new Apple TV?
Reply
post #104 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

The mini should be at least sRGB. Nobody will lose sleep if it's not exactly the same as the Air, but sub-sRGB for a 2013 16GB rMini isn't exactly great news for the mini. Apple should care more.
and Apple wants your premium dollars for a devices thats not completely premium.
post #105 of 200
post #106 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


You know nothing about me. Stop talking now before you embarrass yourself further. I'm a huge Apple nut who has owned every large iPad, every iPhone, 5 iMacs, 2 MacBook Airs, 2 Apple TVs, 10 iPods, 4 AirPort Extremes and 1 AirPort Express. And I'm an AAPL shareholder. Check out my location. Quit this forum now before you give yourself a headache.

 

If you are so outraged then buy the Nexus 7.  Talk is cheap. You want the best of EVERYTHING which is just not possible now.

 

It is impossible to have a MiniR for $399, with perfect gamut, retina, 10 hour battery life, A7 chip, and 12 oz weight made of metal.  If it was so easy why isn't another company making  a simular product?  Because they CAN'T.  No one can, not even Apple.

 

People wanted Retina and Apple gave them Retina with less than perfect color.  I'll guess that will do for 99.999999% of MiniR buyers.  The rest can buy the Air.  What would you like better?  Have the RetinaR weigh more?  Get alot wider and fatter?  Cost more?  Not be made of metal?  Do you really think Apple makes products inferior on purpose?  Seriously.  Give them the benefit of the doubt.  THEY FRIKEN DESERVE IT AFTER ALL THESE YEARS.

post #107 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post


and Apple wants your premium dollars for a devices thats not completely premium.

 

Show me another tablet the size of the MiniR:

Metal frame.

Retina Screen.

10 hour battery life.

64 bit A7 (or 32 bit equivelent)

$399

12 oz

 

Show me one.  Show me a single device that has all that besides the MiniR. 

post #108 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

If you are so outraged then buy the Nexus 7.

Outraged? Wut?

Buy a Nexus 7? lol
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #109 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

And if it actually wasn’t, you would have stated why.
And if it actually wasn’t, you would have made an actually interesting point.

Simple.

I'd never get into a debate with you. You create such powerful arguments.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #110 of 200
Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post
completely premium.

 

Enjoy subjectivity.

 

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post
I'd never get into a debate with you.

 

Then don’t bother replying at all. Again, if the above statement was in any way true, you wouldn’t have bothered replying. 

 

Either speak your mind or quit whining entirely.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #111 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Show me another tablet the size of the MiniR:
Metal frame.
Retina Screen.
10 hour battery life.
64 bit A7 (or 32 bit equivelent)
$399
12 oz

Show me one.  Show me a single device that has all that besides the MiniR. 

Quit being so angry and defensive. The mini is an awesome device. It's just a pity Apple didn't add an sRGB display as we expect the best from Apple, and especially considering tablets are basically a big screen.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #112 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Then don’t bother replying at all.

OK
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #113 of 200
The display looks great in person.

FUD
post #114 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by akqies View Post


Exactly, if you hold it up next to something else you can contrast difference easily. Just as if you told me one flagpole was 21 feet high and another was 20 feet high I couldn't easily tell you which was shorter and which was taller until you did a side-by-side comparison.

I didn't do the comparison. Like I said in one of my other posts, color gamut is not subjective the more narrow the gamut the more the screen is going to looked washed out because it is out of balance. This is an LG issue but it's impacting an Apple product. It's not like there is a marginal difference between the Air and the Mini there is a fairly big difference. 

 

The reason this is important is anyone doing photo work on an iPad my want to consider the difference in color gamut. People act like we are calling the Mini garbage, that is not the case however this issue has to be a consideration for some users. That is hardly unreasonable. The Air is better suited for people that needed better color accuracy. 

post #115 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by 512ke View Post

The display looks great in person.

FUD

For all we know you could have 20/200 vision. 

post #116 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlApple View Post

I didn't do the comparison. Like I said in one of my other posts, color gamut is not subjective the more narrow the gamut the more the screen is going to looked washed out because it is out of balance. This is an LG issue but it's impacting an Apple product. It's not like there is a marginal difference between the Air and the Mini there is a fairly big difference. 

The reason this is important is anyone doing photo work on an iPad my want to consider the difference in color gamut. People act like we are calling the Mini garbage, that is not the case however this issue has to be a consideration for some users. That is hardly unreasonable. The Air is better suited for people that needed better color accuracy. 

We all thank you for your concern and if I was doing "photo work" on a tablet I would then get an iPad Air but I'm not, and most people aren't so your concern for those that just want a better display over the previous iPad you just come across as a concern troll. As I stated previously, we all want the colors to be more accurate (unless you are sucking Samsung's AMOLED teat) but if it's a toss up between having or not having Retina this year to get it then Apple made the right decision.

BTW, who are these professionals that do all their work on an iPad Mini that are now left out? Note that it's no worse than last year in that regard so these professionals were already weren't using the iPad Mini.
post #117 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post
 

 

Where the hell did I say that color gamut is not an objective measure? All I said that was the difference did not even warrant a single negative comment about the display from anyone who has viewed or reviewed it thus far, which is saying something. 

 

Also, I'm "dishonest" because of a hypothetical, fictional scenario you pulled out of your ass, where you claim I would be bashing Samsung over color gamut? No actually, I never have, and would never bother bashing Samsung over something so trivial- that would be very low in the heirarchy of things I would bash them for, and not even worth mentioning compared to their larger offenses. For example, their IP theft, their shameless cloning of success hardware and software concepts from Apple, their repugnant Touchwiz interface, the inconsistent and shoddy performance of their products, the shitty build quality of their products which is described as "ridiculously cheap and slimy plastic" from reviews, their dishonest and underhanded marketing, their bulletpoints of features which hardly function (ie. eye-tracking, gestures, etc), the way they spam products to see what sticks, the way they dishonestly fix benchmarks to make them favorable, etc. Color gamut? Yeah, that would be WAAY down the list, nevermind the fact that Samsung's mobile devices are notorious for having extreme saturation and nowhere NEAR accurate colors. So yeah, try again. 

This was a review and it was noted that the display has the same narrow color gamut as the non retina display on the previous Mini. I don't care what Samsung, Amazon or anyone else does, I don't buy their products. I have even said in my previous posts to others that if you take every other company out of the loop the Mini should at least have the same color accuracy as the Air. 

 

Apple is charging an premium for the upgraded display yet it still has a fairly major flaw. Most consumers won't care or won't notice, however we already know that members of this forum know more than most consumers. 

 

It's a valid topic to debate, it's also valid to debate if it's something that Apple should address. 

post #118 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


Quit being so angry and defensive. The mini is an awesome device. It's just a pity Apple didn't add an sRGB display as we expect the best from Apple, and especially considering tablets are basically a big screen.

 

If Apple could add sRGB without compromising other aspects of the MiniR they would have.  My conclusion is they could not without drastically increasing the price, the weight, the size, or decreasing the battery life.  The only people who will miss sRGB are professional photo guy.  They can buy the Air. 

 

Its just not possible at this time.  Same reason they did not have Mini Retina last year. 

 

Again if it was so easily to have a sRGB, $399, 10 hour battery life, A7, 12 oz, slim size why isn't anyone else doing it? 

post #119 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlApple View Post
 

This was a review and it was noted that the display has the same narrow color gamut as the non retina display on the previous Mini. I don't care what Samsung, Amazon or anyone else does, I don't buy their products. I have even said in my previous posts to others that if you take every other company out of the loop the Mini should at least have the same color accuracy as the Air. 

 

Apple is charging an premium for the upgraded display yet it still has a fairly major flaw. Most consumers won't care or won't notice, however we already know that members of this forum know more than most consumers. 

 

It's a valid topic to debate, it's also valid to debate if it's something that Apple should address. 

 

99.9999% of consumers don't know about color gamut or give a sheet about it.

 

End of discussion.

post #120 of 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by akqies View Post


We all thank you for your concern and if I was doing "photo work" on a tablet I would then get an iPad Air but I'm not, and most people aren't so your concern for those that just want a better display over the previous iPad you just come across as a concern troll. As I stated previously, we all want the colors to be more accurate (unless you are sucking Samsung's AMOLED teat) but if it's a toss up between having or not having Retina this year to get it then Apple made the right decision.

BTW, who are these professionals that do all their work on an iPad Mini that are now left out? Note that it's no worse than last year in that regard so these professionals were already weren't using the iPad Mini.

What data do you have to backup that most people aren't. If that were true why would Apple now include a free copy of iLife? Are they doing this because people don't do photo work? Yeah that's logical. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Retina iPad mini display shows poorer color accuracy than Apple's iPad Air
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Retina iPad mini display shows poorer color accuracy than Apple's iPad Air