or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple seeds second OS X 10.9.1 beta with Mail improvements, Safari 6.1.1 [u]

Apple seeds second OS X 10.9.1 beta with Mail improvements, Safari 6.1.1 [u] - Page 2

post #41 of 46
I've had a ton of problems with Mavericks based on MS Exchange while using Mac Mail and Outlook (Mac). There are tons of postings with many people having similar issues. Our IT shop is best in class and we had to roll back to Lion. I hope this release fixes problems.
post #42 of 46

It's more than one problem. Encode times for H.265 are still very slow. I read that some encoders take a minute to encode just one frame. Accordingly to some of the developers of Handbrake it will take a few years before we see a widespread use of the new standard.

post #43 of 46
You should not have to clean install every new update just to make it run smoothly.

I too am getting beachball cursor syndrome with 10.9. Additionally, overall performance has been generally more unstable than the latest 10.8 (not slow, it's just as fast). Attacking every person experiencing a bug is pointless.

Also, just because an initial release is buggy doesn't mean I don't appreciate the new features. I've been using Macs for over 15 years too, but how does that mean anything at all?

Last time I checked no one makes perfect software. Apple is no exception. I could do a whole spiel on iOS 7 too, but that's for a diff. thread.
post #44 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky King View Post

Anyone else use Reminders?  I found that reminders work really well to keep my calendar uncluttered.  I use them as a suspense file....have around 15 categories and a total of maybe 300 reminders which pop up at the appropriate time to...remind me of stuff.  Then if it's important enough to go into a calendar I can do that.

The reason I ask is that since I find it such a powerful tool I naturally notice all the things that could stand improvement.  Anyone else on board with this one?  And, if so, do you find that Reminders is kind of flaky in many respects (Ex:  Completed items take a long time to move, sometimes do not move, move to the top instead of another page, and in ios7 we lost the ability to select a calendar date from a real calendar to see what's happening on that date in all categories.

I'd kind of like to see some work in this area as well as in Mail, which still has not recovered.

Yeah, I use Reminders, though not as much as you do.  And I've noticed some flakiness, too, though it seems to work pretty well most of the time.

Personally, I think that Clock/Alarm/Reminders/Calendar need to be synced together a bit more well.

post #45 of 46

You've just described my experience with 10.9 as well. Absolutely awful. If this is post-Jobs Apple, count me out. 

– signed, 

An exclusive Mac user since 1986

post #46 of 46
You've just described my experience with reading your post as well.

Would you rather see a rimmjob? Anyhow, bye.
Send from my iPhone. Excuse brevity and auto-corrupt.
Send from my iPhone. Excuse brevity and auto-corrupt.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple seeds second OS X 10.9.1 beta with Mail improvements, Safari 6.1.1 [u]