or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC One caught cheating in benchmarks again

Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC One caught cheating in benchmarks again - Page 5

post #161 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

It's interacting to certain types of posters that make me not miss being back.

Avoid them, there are some here that will absolutely not change their POV even when presented with sound logic and/or concrete and verified numbers that oppose their viewpoints. The truth is sometimes hard to swallow but anyone with a shred of integrity will admit when they're wrong. If it's a matter of opinion then just agree to disagree because continuing to argue is pointless and just plain frustrating.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
post #162 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobim08 View Post

You can only make profit if you can sell phones. Keep harping on profit. But wait apple profit seems to have dropped compared to previously.

And i hope you are not a good example of being a true blue apple fan. Always rude and arrogant just like apple.

Please explain to me how, with incredible sales of the 5S and 5C -- both high margin products -- in markets like the US, Japan, and others how Apple profits will be down?  The iPad Air and rMini?  In Japan, for instance, which I think we can agree is a rather large electronics market, over the first month the Air and rMini accounted for 6 of the top 10 spots in the tablet market.  Here in the US, the Air and the rMini are the best selling tablets.

Apple is expected to sell somewhere in the 52M-54M range for iPhones alone this quarter.  How do you expect that to lead to low profits?

And again, the ONLY company making ANY profits in this market, other than Apple, is Samsung.  So, you're not really talking about how well Android or WP is doing.  It's really how well Samsung is doing.  Because everyone else -- EVERYONE  ELSE -- is losing money.  LG, Moto, HTC, Nokia, Amazon, Google, etc. -- losing money.  Which, btw, means not making a profit.  Quite the opposite in fact.

Of course, Amazon and Google don't even TRY to make money through sales of devices.  That's not their plan in the first place.  Amazon obviously wants/expects people to spend money on content.  And I'm sure it probably works, in the long run.  Google, of course, is an advertising company, and just wants a platform to deliver ads.  I'm pretty sure that works, too.

And as I said before, companies like LG don't really care TOO much, since their mobile business is such a tiny portion of what they do.

But don't act as if there's profits flying all over the mobile device market.  There aren't.  There are profits flying all over the Apple and Samsung mobile device markets.  That's it.

post #163 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobim08 View Post

You can only make profit if you can sell phones. Keep harping on profit. But wait apple profit seems to have dropped compared to previously.

And i hope you are not a good example of being a true blue apple fan. Always rude and arrogant just like apple.

If they're earning less profit it's only because their margins have slimmed down a bit not because they're selling less devices. That happens when build quality is improved but the selling price is kept the same.
post #164 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

If they're earning less profit it's only because their margins have slimmed down a bit not because they're selling less devices. That happens when build quality is improved but the selling price is kept the same.

His earlier comments stated you shouldn't buy Apple's products because they have a higher profit margin which he concludes means you get less for your purchase.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

post #165 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

His earlier comments stated you shouldn't buy Apple's products because they have a higher profit margin which he concludes means you get less for your purchase.

Seems like he just has an ax to grind, because why would anyone care how people spend their money?
Remember this: trying to correct a fool is foolishness onto itself.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC One caught cheating in benchmarks again