Originally Posted by Vision33r
Tim Cook has ran Apple like any PC hardware maker has which is pushing incremental updates down the chain and forcing customers and businesses to subscribe to their hardware.
There really aren't much innovations left at Apple because every year we're only seeing refinements and fixes that already existed in the industry.
The Apple showcases are so corporate is Apple the "different" technology company anymore?
When you listen to Tim Cook talk in interviews, all he talks about is how they are meeting sales goals and playing down criticisms while offering zero insights to what Apple's vision of the future is going to be.
Every Apple product these days is so one-size fit all mindset is very uninspiring for forward thinking technology users.
Here is a list of the things that the PC and Android mfg have done over the past few years that Apple hasn't.
1. Write down $1 Billion because of a product bombing.
2. Resign due to lousy profits and sales.
3. Have a "crisis awareness" meeting with several hundred employees.
4. Get stuck owing a company they copied $1 Billion.
5. Had to start selling 3 different platforms of Operating Systems (Android, Windows, Chromebooks) just to get sales because the way they've been doing business doesn't work.
6. Take the company private and ask others to help fund it because the financials SUCK.
7. Had to exit a growing market. There have actually been companies that dropped selling Android products recently. NEC was one of them.
8. Huge financial losses.
9. Layoff tens of thousands of employees due to crappy sales, huge write downs from overpaying for other companies.
10. Discontinuing a product within a couple of weeks after the product was announced.
11. Sell or try to sell off the company due to poor sales/profits as they needed to get out of the business.
12. Selling a computer platform that only gets 1% of the market in terms of sales, yet has almost every major PC mfg offering these products.
All of the above things have been done by a variety of different companies over the past 10 years. here's a list of the companies that have been guilty of one or more of the above circumstances.
HP, Microsoft, Compaq, IBM, Dell, Fujitsu, Samsung, Google, NEC, Acer, ASUS, and there are others, but these are the biggies off the top of my head.
And what was it that you were trying to say?