or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Apple, Inc. stock breaks $545 barrier as Samsung calls 'Crisis Awareness' meeting
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple, Inc. stock breaks $545 barrier as Samsung calls 'Crisis Awareness' meeting - Page 5

post #161 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision33r View Post

Tim Cook has ran Apple like any PC hardware maker has which is pushing incremental updates down the chain and forcing customers and businesses to subscribe to their hardware.

There really aren't much innovations left at Apple because every year we're only seeing refinements and fixes that already existed in the industry.

The Apple showcases are so corporate is Apple the "different" technology company anymore?  

When you listen to Tim Cook talk in interviews, all he talks about is how they are meeting sales goals and playing down criticisms while offering zero insights to what Apple's vision of the future is going to be.  

Every Apple product these days is so one-size fit all mindset is very uninspiring for forward thinking technology users.

1. Incremental updates are par for the course in the technology business. It's a sign of Moore's Law, not Tim Cook is unimaginative.

2. Revolutionary products don't follow some mythical 1-2 year cycle. Evolutionary change can be cyclical, but not disruptive new categories of products. No company is held to that expectation except Apple: why?

3. Tim Cook does throw out hints about Areas where Apple is focusing on, if you bothered to pay attention. Quarterly earnings calls are not the place to talk about the dreamy future. All Things D is usually when Tim reveals the most.

4. So-called "forward thinking users" are what I call "gadget fans". Marketing people call them "early adopters." Apple only appeals to these people whenever they introduce something disruptive-new, not evolutionary-new. It is not Apple's game plan to please only these people. So go back to hating Apple.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #162 of 180

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sennen View Post
 

 

And they say Apple is all hype and marketing... :rolleyes: That's an obscene amount to spend on fluff.

 

 

 

It sounds like an obscene amount, but there's no breakdown to that figure. The article just throws out a big number, which may include all marketing and trade show expenses across all product lines, not just communication devices.

post #163 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

I hate it.


The names make perfect sense given the scenario, and they’re exactly what I would choose. I just hate the scenario. :lol:

Why do you hate the scenario?

post #164 of 180
Originally Posted by drblank View Post
Why do you hate the scenario?

 

The thought of a 5” and 6” iPhone makes my skin crawl.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Reply
post #165 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post


2. Revolutionary products don't follow some mythical 1-2 year cycle. Evolutionary change can be cyclical, but not disruptive new categories of products. No company is held to that expectation except Apple: why?
 

Because all of the PC and Android mfg NEED Apple to continually innovate, they need someone to copy and Anti-Apple people just need to make up an excuse to bash, it makes them feel superior.

 

So, I guess adding a second click to the kickstand on the Surface 2 products is a major innovation for this year and having a kickstand last year was their innovations.   And we are supposed to THINK that Microsoft is doing their part in innovating and they innovate yearly?

post #166 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post



They will need to create an incentive for developers to put their apps on the All Apps from Samsung (A.S.S.)
.

Sammy is willing to pay for reviews, stories, govt rules, etc. I'm sure they can spread the wealth to developers.
post #167 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post


Sammy is willing to pay for reviews, stories, govt rules, etc. I'm sure they can spread the wealth to developers.

OMG,  Samsung has something called All Apps?   How REVOLUTIONARY.     That just gives me one more reason to switch to a Samsung product.    /s

post #168 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

The thought of a 5” and 6” iPhone makes my skin crawl.

Then you can do exactly what you do with the 4" version of the iPhone and not buy one. Problem solved. 

post #169 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

The thought of a 5” and 6” iPhone makes my skin crawl.

 

I couldn't agree more.

 

I mean, I've sort of steeled myself to the (seeming) fact that there will be a 5" iPhone in the near future.  As I said, I don't like it, but it will probably happen, so what's the point of working myself into a tizzy?

 

OTOH, if Apple ever ventures into the "phablet" (the worst neologism of ALL TIME!) territory, I may have a nervous breakdown.

post #170 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post
 

 

This is why PM systems are invented.

People have tried that in the past and he reported them for sending a PM so not an option. I just find it ridiculous for anyone to use such visceral terms and emotions when it comes to a larger iPhone. He actually said it would make his skin crawl. Give me a break. I want a larger one but found enough to like in the 5s that I bought one.  If Apple makes a larger iPhone they would continue to make a 4" version so those people would not be suddenly abandoned. If you like what Apple makes buy it, if you don't then don't buy it but chill out on all the emotion over an extra 1" of screen real estate. It really is not that big of a deal.

post #171 of 180
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post
How many people have you told to shut up and go away today alone?

 

How many haven’t deserved it, seeing as they were all hit and runs.

 
…the fact that you do not own an iPhone when you yourself have posted that a dozen times or more the last few weeks alone.

 

Not only is your timeline off, I have never, nor will I ever, say that I do not own an iPhone, which you have repeated ad nauseam and which has always been incorrect every time you’ve said it. 

 
If you didn't want anyone to know why did you tell us and continue telling us over and over and then expect us not to bring it up.

 

I continue to find it hilarious that you are the only one who ever brings it up, telling us “over and over” that I “don’t have an iPhone”. Keep fighting the good fight.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Reply
post #172 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post
 

People have tried that in the past and he reported them for sending a PM so not an option. I just find it ridiculous for anyone to use such visceral terms and emotions when it comes to a larger iPhone. He actually said it would make his skin crawl. Give me a break. I want a larger one but found enough to like in the 5s that I bought one.  If Apple makes a larger iPhone they would continue to make a 4" version so those people would not be suddenly abandoned. If you like what Apple makes buy it, if you don't then don't buy it but chill out on all the emotion over an extra 1" of screen real estate. It really is not that big of a deal.

 

Well, it might not be a big deal to you.  To me, it is.  But as I've said repeatedly in this thread, if it happens, and if they don't -- for whatever reason -- don't continue to make a 4" flagship version, I will have no option than to just accept it.

 

Yes, technically it is a 1" difference.  But a 5" screen makes for a much bigger phone than a 4" screen.  And I don't want a much bigger phone, as I like mine just the way it is.  I don't have my iPhone to watch "Hunger Games" -- though I have actually done it in the past. :)

 

Anyway, what will be will be, however I feel about it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


Sharing is caring and funnier.

 

Eh.  I've never liked when threads become either meta or personal -- or worse, both.  OTOH, I'm contributing to it right now, so I have to blame myself as well. :)

post #173 of 180
Time for Motorola to suck up that market share with their new moto x line. Jump on the made in america train people.
post #174 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

How many haven’t deserved it, seeing as they were all hit and runs.

 

Not only is your timeline off, I have never, nor will I ever, say that I do not own an iPhone, which you have repeated ad nauseam and which has always been incorrect every time you’ve said it. 

 

I continue to find it hilarious that you are the only one who ever brings it up, telling us “over and over” that I “don’t have an iPhone”. Keep fighting the good fight.

You know exactly what I meant. Yes we all know you have a 1st gen iPhone that is not activated. But you have told us repeatedly you do not have a modern iPhone as in at least iPhone 4 or later and even a 4 is pushing it as a modern iPhone.  My point is you make comments like a 5" iPhone would make your skin crawl which is ridiculous considering you won't buy a iOS 7 capable iPhone that has a 4" screen that you claim is perfect.  I have been a member here far longer than you and so I am not a hit and run poster and you have told me and many other long term members to shut up and go away dozens of times. So don't dare try and pretend you only say that to new members. If you hate these "drive by" posts then report them and let the actual mods do their job instead of derailing threads and quoting them. 


Edited by gwmac - 11/30/13 at 11:49am
post #175 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by osiris355 View Post

Time for Motorola to suck up that market share with their new moto x line. Jump on the made in america train people.

FYI, Motorola is having a Cyber Monday sale and selling them at $150 off full retail.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #176 of 180
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post
You know exactly what I meant. Yes we all know you have a 1st gen iPhone that is not activated. But you have told us repeatedly you do not have a modern iPhone as in at least iPhone 4 or later and even a 4 is pushing it as a modern iPhone.  My point is you make comments like a 5" iPhone would make your skin crawl which is ridiculous considering you won't buy a iOS 7 capable iPhone that has a 4" screen that you claim is perfect.  I have been a member here far longer than you and so I am not a hit and run poster and you have told me and many other long term members to shut up and go away dozens of times. So don't dare try and pretend you only say that to new members. If you hate these "drive by" posts then report them and let the actual mods do their job instead of derailing threads and quoting them. 

 

lol. No, really, it has been a while, so it’s good to see again.


Edited by Tallest Skil - 11/30/13 at 3:47pm

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Reply
post #177 of 180
So.....here are the facts in Japan. And as goes Japan so will go China. Notice the absence of Samsung, Google, Sony, Nokia etc..... And see the FACTS on the 5C much I'm sure to your dismay.
GAME OVER !!!
"Apple Inc.'s iPhone 5s is proving to be popular in Japan as the iOS device dominated sales charts among the country's three major carriers.
The iPhone 5s placed among seven of the top 10 spots on the weekly sales rankings provided by Japan's BCN.
Like Us on Facebook
The top spot went to the iPhone 5s' 32GB model from mobile carrier SoftBank, followed by the 32GB model from NTT DoCoMo, and the same internal storage model from carrier au/KDDI rounding the top three.
The iPhone 5c secured two spots, fifth and sixth places, for its 16GB model from SoftBank and au/KDDI, respectively.

The remaining spots went to the iPhone 5s, ranging between the 16GB and 64GB models.
Apple, however, did not hold the tenth position as it went to a low-end Chinese device by ZTE."
post #178 of 180

So........Do you see Samsung mentioned here.

Apple Inc.'s iPhone 5s is proving to be popular in Japan as the iOS device dominated sales charts among the country's three major carriers.

The iPhone 5s placed among seven of the top 10 spots on the weekly sales rankings provided by Japan'sBCN.

Like Us on Facebook 

The top spot went to the iPhone 5s' 32GB model from mobile carrier SoftBank, followed by the 32GB model from NTT DoCoMo, and the same internal storage model from carrier au/KDDI rounding the top three.

The iPhone 5c secured two spots, fifth and sixth places, for its 16GB model from SoftBank and au/KDDI, respectively.

The remaining spots went to the iPhone 5s, ranging between the 16GB and 64GB models.

Apple, however, did not hold the tenth position as it went to a low-end Chinese device by ZTE.

post #179 of 180

Samsung can't sell bananas to monkeys. Go to WalMart. You can buy one for $99 and get a $99 gift card. THEY ARE FREE!!!!!!!!

post #180 of 180
iPhone 5s vs. Samsung Galaxy S4 Sales in Japan: Apple Inc. (AAPL) iPhone 5s, 5c Outselling Galaxy S4 in Latest Weekly Sales, Says BCN
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AAPL Investors
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Apple, Inc. stock breaks $545 barrier as Samsung calls 'Crisis Awareness' meeting