or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple seeds OS X 10.9.1 Mavericks beta to developers

Apple seeds OS X 10.9.1 Mavericks beta to developers - Page 2

post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_s View Post

I'd appreciate it if Apple would at least treat Mac users like they treat Windows users, and not deprecate local USB sync in iTunes. iCloud really sucks big time - lost data, duplicate Contact list, empty calendars, slows iPhones to a crawl - man, it's just awful.

I don't know what our sales and repair teams will do for syncing when they're out in the field with no internet - which is about 90% of their work day. I guess they'll need to manually replicate events, appointments and contacts by entering them again and again on each Apple instrument. Of course, if they used Windows, Apple would still support their work.

We bought all this shit because it synched the way it did & now it doesn't. Nice.

Mavericks Mail.app is awful, it needs serious attention. Safari has too many bugs & crashes. There's a chance every day that data someplace gets corrupted in 10.9.

I'm thinking you have some serious issues with your set up and or internet there. I have none of the iCloud issues you have.

Sync with a cable? Seriously? Where are your folks working that they cannot get a signal, I don't doubt you, just curious.

BTW, what Mail app issues do you still have after the last round of updates for 10.9? Mine seem to have all cleared up but I am on 10.9.1 hence asking.
Use duckduckgo.com with Safari, not Google Search
Been using Apples since 1978 and Macs since 1984
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
Use duckduckgo.com with Safari, not Google Search
Been using Apples since 1978 and Macs since 1984
Long on AAPL so biased. Strong advocate for separation of technology and politics on AI.
post #42 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by konqerror View Post

Uh, it has done this since 10.7. You must have turned it off yourself.

I'll have to confirm that as well.  Totally changes my habit of "bookmark all tabs" and save to a junk folder if I have to leave quickly and have a bunch of things I was looking at. It also doesn't force me to refresh the page all the time.

Even textedit saves state and everything you have open -- which makes that app a bit sluggish.

post #43 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Sync with a cable? Seriously? Where are your folks working that they cannot get a signal, I don't doubt you, just curious.

Yes, seriously. Many remote government installations in New Mexico, Utah, Colorado and Wyoming. Out in the middle of nowhere, not even a cell signal. Most of the time, 200 miles to the nearest gas station.

Last week, I spent nearly 3 hours driving well over 70 mph before I saw another car.

What burns our collective butts is that we bought all this shit because of the way it worked. After which, they changed the way it works. Who does that?

Edited by matt_s - 12/4/13 at 12:27pm
Hot tub blonde, pouring champagne: "Say when..." Dangerfield: "Right after this drink."
Hot tub blonde, pouring champagne: "Say when..." Dangerfield: "Right after this drink."
post #44 of 45
How about the terribly sluggish RAW behavior of Preview app?????
post #45 of 45

There's an image viewer on the App Store called Xee, sort of a Preview replacement. I like it and use it but have never tried it on RAW images.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple seeds OS X 10.9.1 Mavericks beta to developers