or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › "Can't innovate anymore, my a.." - Part I

"Can't innovate anymore, my a.." - Part I

post #1 of 5
Apple does lots of innovations on usability more than hardware itself in my opinion. Some of these go unnoticed. The industry later realizes it and adopts it. USB itself was adopted by Apple first and then only the other markets (PC, servers etc). Adoption of 3.5" floppy drives, ditching them, ditching DVD drives from laptops etc. Curiously, they were a bit slow on the DVD-R addition compared to the WinPC market may be because they were worried about the copying nonsense.

Here is another example. http://feedly.com/k/1hxI5Li

Can u suggest others ?
post #2 of 5

Interestingly enough, I’ve been keeping a list. I’m sure there’s even more than this. I believe the QuickTake line even had some firsts.

commercial GUI
commercial mouse
keyboard+screen
recessed keyboard
laser printer
17" laptop
Retina laptop
Drop floppy
Drop ODD
USB printing over Wi-Fi
Gigabit Ethernet on consumer products
Sudden Motion Sensor
FireWire
Mini VGA
Mini DVI
Micro DVI
Mini DisplayPort
Thunderbolt
64-bit mobile processor

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvosx View Post

Here is another example. http://feedly.com/k/1hxI5Li

I still think this isn't the way it should be: it only goes in one way OR the other. A headphone jack goes in anyway you want it (well, except sideways).

But yeah, they innovate. And are proud of the products they didn't release, which might as well be as big as the ones they did release. Funny, they create a product, and then kill it when it became their best selling device. iPod got replaced by iPhone, laptops are being replaced by iPads. Laptops, 3 out of 4 Macs devices. Not saying they will disappear, mind you. That happened to Netbooks, which they fortunately didn't make.
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
post #4 of 5

Touch ID (Fingerprint Scaneer), Air Drop, Control Center, iOS 7, True Tone

Mac Pro 2013, iPhone 5s Gold and iPad Air all in one year, personally i am very very very impresed

If another company would have made just one of those, Media Tech it would have call it oh my god that's revolutionary

Like Blackberry they made one phone and build a entire company foundation on one single product

post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Interestingly enough, I’ve been keeping a list. I’m sure there’s even more than this. I believe the QuickTake line even had some firsts.

commercial GUI
commercial mouse
keyboard+screen
recessed keyboard
laser printer
17" laptop
Retina laptop
Drop floppy
Drop ODD
USB printing over Wi-Fi
Gigabit Ethernet on consumer products
Sudden Motion Sensor
FireWire
Mini VGA
Mini DVI
Micro DVI
Mini DisplayPort
Thunderbolt
64-bit mobile processor

Whoa, did not know they brought laser printing into the world. I thought it was xerox and then hp+apple. Will look it up. Thanks.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › "Can't innovate anymore, my a.." - Part I