or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Black Friday propels iPad Air growth by 51%, iPhone 5c surges 26%

Black Friday propels iPad Air growth by 51%, iPhone 5c surges 26% - Page 2

post #41 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipen View Post

Exactly.  Not much innovation from Apple after SJ.  It's so obvious with the ipad mini.  First generation no retina display because Apple wanted to keep it as a feature for the 2nd generation.  Then the 2nd generation has sub-standard color problem because it'll be "improved" with the 3rd generation and then consumer may get the touch id with the 4th generation...

I thought that my post was so outrageous that including sarcasm tags would be like stating the very obvious.

However, you my friend, I have trouble reading. Even if 1% of your post is serious, then may I nominate you for the "born yesterday internet award".

post #42 of 49
Wait, the %u201CDead-On-Arrival iPhone 5c%u201D took the 3rd spot?

Who knew it could be so successful%u2026?

/s
post #43 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post

The article is where I got those prices, the direct quotes:

"with the iPhone 5c selling for $99 with a new two-year service contract"

and

"Rounding out the top Apple devices tracked by the firm was the iPhone 4S, which saw its weekend traffic grow 10 percent after black Friday. The iPhone 4S is available for free with a two-year cellular contract."

Haha- I guess AppleInsider does poor research (shocking, I know).  Basically, every major store- Best Buy, Target, and Walmart had it for $49 and offered gift cards from $30-$50- making it essentially, free (less the obvious contract commitment of course).

I like it when both of us are right.  ;)

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

post #44 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Haha- I guess AppleInsider does poor research (shocking, I know).  Basically, every major store- Best Buy, Target, and Walmart had it for $49 and offered gift cards from $30-$50- making it essentially, free (less the obvious contract commitment of course).

I like it when both of us are right.  ;)

Of course the overlying issue is when the 2 year contract price is factored in, $99, $49, free are all essentially the same relative to the overall total operating costs. So, using ANY of those prices to choose a phone is a bit silly (not entirely of course, $100 is real money after all, so is $50.. but overall…). In which case I'd vote for the "pretty" one and "pretty" may very well be in the eyes of the beholder…. with some liking the more formal look of the classic styled 4s while others go with the more casual styled 5c series.

post #45 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipen View Post

Exactly.  Not much innovation from Apple after SJ.  It's so obvious with the ipad mini.  First generation no retina display because Apple wanted to keep it as a feature for the 2nd generation.  Then the 2nd generation has sub-standard color problem because it'll be "improved" with the 3rd generation and then consumer may get the touch id with the 4th generation...

God, I hope you're being sarcastic.
post #46 of 49

I should pour me a mini concrete helicopter pad in my yard.

post #47 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Oh, please shut the **** up. You're the worst of these "investors with no confidence" you're slamming, with your incessant rants calling for Cook's head and wanting to get him ousted. You agree the sentiment is irrational, then at the same price you put 100% blame on Cook for the stock price,etc, as if he has 100% control over it, and shitting on him with the utmost venom You make no fucking sense. 

Odo went over the edge some months ago. Notice now how he never replies. He lives in his own little, sordid world now. No need for interaction when you have imploded upon yourself.

post #48 of 49
Wait, people shop the weekend *before* Black Friday? Are they nuts?
post #49 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by capasicum View Post

The display of the 2nd gen iPad Mini is not sub-standard. Tests show it is worse than the Low Temperature Poly Silicon (LTPS) used in Kindle Fire HDX and Nexus 7. LTPS is maybe the best technology commercially available, but the production is seriously limited. No one can provide the necessary quantities for Apple, and so they went with IGZO (which is again constrained, but not as bad as LTPS).

Can you make the distinction between "not being the best" and "sub-standard"? When did LTPS become THE STANDARD?

I didn't say LTPS is the standard but I would say ipad air is the standard and mini retina color is just not as good as the standard ipad air.  Just go to an Apple store and see for your self.  Apple certainly could make the mini retina color the same as the ipad air, could they?  But instead they'll keep it for the next mini refresh.  That's my point.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Black Friday propels iPad Air growth by 51%, iPhone 5c surges 26%
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Black Friday propels iPad Air growth by 51%, iPhone 5c surges 26%