or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Unable to install the Decker Bold font

Unable to install the Decker Bold font

post #1 of 4

The Decker Bold font is widely available for free on the Internet. However, regardless of which source I download it from, it appears to be corrupted (though I don't think it actually is). The three specific errors I receive from the Font Book application when I try to install it are 1) 'name' table usability 2) 'sfnt' required tables and 3) 'name' table structure'. I can install the font regardless, either by ignoring the error or dragging it directly into the Fonts folder. I can then actually use it in Microsoft Word but it doesn't appear in Photoshop (where I need to use for a project). Has anyone ever seen this type of behaviour before? It is particularly odd given that I can see the letter set in the Font Book install preview and can use the font successfully in Word.

post #2 of 4
If it hurts to drive a nail into your skull, then maybe your should not drive a nail into your skull. Look. Bad fonts cause more problems than any other category of software. Decker Bold is appears to be as about as generic a sans serif font that I have seen. You probably have a font already installed on your system that has the same basic look.

It might be different if Decker Bold has some unique feature that is unavailable elsewhere. This may be only a coincidence, but Safari crashed while was inspecting the font in Font Book. My recommendations:
  1. Use the closest match to Decker Bold among the fonts already installed on your system.
  2. Buy the font that served as the inspiration for the POS that is Decker Bold.
  3. Find a similar free font in a credible font repository.
post #3 of 4

What would you suggest as an alternative?

post #4 of 4

I really like Champagne and Limousines (regular), and its bold is sort of close.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Unable to install the Decker Bold font