or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Sony Network Handycam IP

Sony Network Handycam IP

post #1 of 6
Have any of our posters in the Land of the Awesome Gadget seen one of the Network Handycam IP7s?

I hope these things are going to be released in the West, otherwise I'm going to have to beg someone out there to send me one.
Chicanery.
Chicanery.
post #2 of 6
<a href="http://www.dpreview.com" target="_blank">www.dpreview.com</a> had a news bit about that camera...yet another Sony storage medium to support...yeesh.
I can change my sig again!
post #3 of 6
Thanks Eugene. The only other place I've seen any details beyond the press release is Go2Mac.*

I don't mind Sony playing around with all kinds of storage mediums, so long as they're widely available. It's still a nightmare finding the dinky CD-Rs for the new Mavicas. And Memory Sticks are still too expensive and short on capacity, though I really like them. And MiniDV cassettes are still much too expensive ($15 with chip!).

I'd kill for a Network Handycam with the 5GB hard drive from the iPod inside.

* What's with all the stories on headphones?
Chicanery.
Chicanery.
post #4 of 6
Have you seen the new creations from the dude at <a href="http://www.applele.com" target="_blank">www.applele.com</a> ?
His newest is a really sweet bastification of an iPod married to a digicam!
"look at all these wonderful toys..."
"look at all these wonderful toys..."
post #5 of 6
If Apple ever does come out with its own digital camcorder, I hope it has a bigger lens than that Appele mock-up. I hope it's a conventional camcorder shape and not one of those upright ones...

I don't like the way the newer smaller, upright camcorders feel.
post #6 of 6
Agreed, Eugene. My digicam experience has been limited to XL1, GL1, and some little Sony thing (it was of standard horizontal form factor, though.)

To tell you the truth, the size of the GL1 was the best.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Sony Network Handycam IP