or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › China Mobile Beijing hints at imminent iPhone preorders on 4G reservation page
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

China Mobile Beijing hints at imminent iPhone preorders on 4G reservation page

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
A page advertising reservations for China Mobile Beijing's 4G LTE service now features Apple's iPhone 5s, as well as a bejeweled golden apple, hinting that preorders for the popular device may be in the offing.

width=


While not conclusive evidence, the reservation page seen above, spotted by intrepid reader Jeffrey, strongly suggests China Mobile is about to kick off iPhone preorders.

If the world's largest wireless provider does in fact initiate an iPhone reservation system in the next few hours, it would jibe with a Wall Street Journal report that claimed China Mobile would start accepting preorders on Thursday, Dec. 12. At the time of this writing, it is nearly 1 p.m. in Beijing, China.

The Journal further claimed the iPhone would officially roll out on Dec. 18, though China Mobile denied that a deal with Apple had been reached.

The carrier has already posted multiple reservation webpages for its upcoming 4G LTE network, but so far only one has alluded to Apple's smartphone. In early December, a Suzhou-based subsidiary posted a reservation page prominently featuring both the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c, though it was quickly pulled after coverage from media outlets.
post #2 of 23
The link above does not show the ticker. The link which shows the ticker and a bejewelled apple is at http://www.bj.10086.cn/service/mobile/mingxingji/yuyue/
post #3 of 23
P.S Can anyone translate the page please?
post #4 of 23

there is only less than 10K people reserved.

 

It means the demand is weaker than expected.

 

Based on this, will anal ists say Apple is doomed, lower their expectation.

post #5 of 23
http://www.bj.10086.cn/service/mobile/mingxingji/yuyue/

Is the link to get the number of preorders in Beijing only. It is up >20 per second...
post #6 of 23
I honestly don't understand why no one is willing to wait for an official announcement from either China Mobile or Apple. Why is everyone trying to jump the gun to scoop a story? It's not as though anyone is going to get a prize for it. Are people really doing this speculation nonsense just to manipulate Apple's share price? It's likely that even when an official announcement is made, it's not going to boost Apple's share price considerably. I think Apple is well beyond the ability to rise much for such weak news. There are far too many negative factors preventing Apple's share price from rising.
post #7 of 23

How is it speculation when the page is on the China Mobile website?

post #8 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post

I honestly don't understand why no one is willing to wait for an official announcement from either China Mobile or Apple. Why is everyone trying to jump the gun to scoop a story? It's not as though anyone is going to get a prize for it. Are people really doing this speculation nonsense just to manipulate Apple's share price? It's likely that even when an official announcement is made, it's not going to boost Apple's share price considerably. I think Apple is well beyond the ability to rise much for such weak news. There are far too many negative factors preventing Apple's share price from rising.

 

yes, i dont think there is such a deal inked.

 

Apple is gonna dive very soon once they wake up.

 

Diclaimer: SOLD my 500 shares.

post #9 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPSteve View Post
 

How is it speculation when the page is on the China Mobile website?

 

post #10 of 23

From freetranslation.com - what I could copy and paste.

 

Special Instructions
  1. Participation in the appointment of the registered customer, you can enjoy 
  2. China Mobile 4G star models of priority right to purchase; a successful reservation registration and actual purchase of the customer can give 4 GB local mobile data traffic, a 4-month bonus, monthly 1 GB;
  1. customers to schedule an appointment registration was successful in Beijing after moving to the reservation terminal officially to the Department, based on the customer order in the order via SMS or pager, contact the customer and advise for channels and ways;
  2. each customer appointment only one department;
  3. appointment of qualified only for himself and is not transferable.
post #11 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallenbee View Post
 

From freetranslation.com - what I could copy and paste.

 

Special Instructions
  1. Participation in the appointment of the registered customer, you can enjoy 
  2. China Mobile 4G star models of priority right to purchase; a successful reservation registration and actual purchase of the customer can give 4 GB local mobile data traffic, a 4-month bonus, monthly 1 GB;
  1. customers to schedule an appointment registration was successful in Beijing after moving to the reservation terminal officially to the Department, based on the customer order in the order via SMS or pager, contact the customer and advise for channels and ways;
  2. each customer appointment only one department;
  3. appointment of qualified only for himself and is not transferable.

 

 

This may not imply the deal is inked. It can simply mean China Mobile offers discount to people who buy from its unofficial website.

post #12 of 23
There is a tide in the affairs of men, Which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune. Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat. And we must take the current when it serves, or lose our ventures.
--William Shakespeare
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post

I honestly don't understand why no one is willing to wait for an official announcement from either China Mobile or Apple. Why is everyone trying to jump the gun to scoop a story? It's not as though anyone is going to get a prize for it. Are people really doing this speculation nonsense just to manipulate Apple's share price? It's likely that even when an official announcement is made, it's not going to boost Apple's share price considerably. I think Apple is well beyond the ability to rise much for such weak news. There are far too many negative factors preventing Apple's share price from rising.

And the biggest one is very ignorant and irrational shareholders, like you have proved yourself to be over the years. Then we have those bloggers that wanted to be real journalists (but can't write anything properly) or engineers (But understand 0 about the subject).

post #14 of 23
check this:
http://www.bj.10086.cn/service/mobile/mingxingji/

You can read iPhone 5c/5s
post #15 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallenbee View Post
 

From freetranslation.com - what I could copy and paste.

 

Special Instructions
  1. Participation in the appointment of the registered customer, you can enjoy 
  2. China Mobile 4G star models of priority right to purchase; a successful reservation registration and actual purchase of the customer can give 4 GB local mobile data traffic, a 4-month bonus, monthly 1 GB;
  1. customers to schedule an appointment registration was successful in Beijing after moving to the reservation terminal officially to the Department, based on the customer order in the order via SMS or pager, contact the customer and advise for channels and ways;
  2. each customer appointment only one department;
  3. appointment of qualified only for himself and is not transferable.

 

I hate bad translations:

 

The image above says:

4G Smartphone Star

Reserve Now

Anticipation... It's worth the wait...

 

On the actual reservation page, the only difference:

You are only one more step away.

post #16 of 23
There was a video clip this morning online from CNBC in which the reporter from Beijing stated that the page originally said iphone 5s but was later changed to the generic "4G Smartphone Star"




The image above says:
4G Smartphone Star
Reserve Now
Anticipation... It's worth the wait...

On the actual reservation page, the only difference:
You are only one more step away.
post #17 of 23

http://www.bj.10086.cn/service/mobile/mingxingji/order.html

 

It more or less translates into "Getting closer to to iPhone 5S/5C". Maybe they'll announce the deal in 30 minutes, 12am Beijing time?

post #18 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delusion View Post

http://www.bj.10086.cn/service/mobile/mingxingji/order.html

It more or less translates into "Getting closer to to iPhone 5S/5C". Maybe they'll announce the deal in 30 minutes, 12am Beijing time?

Thx . Coz of your comment , I bought back 480 shares aapl
post #19 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_mac_lover View Post


Thx . Coz of your comment , I bought back 480 shares aapl


Wow. That's a lot of money. Hoping they'll officially announce it on the 18th. No idea as to why the share has been dropping the past few days. Any negative news or speculation?

post #20 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delusion View Post


Wow. That's a lot of money. Hoping they'll officially announce it on the 18th. No idea as to why the share has been dropping the past few days. Any negative news or speculation?

I sold mine at 565 , hoping the china mobile deal is not true .
post #21 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_mac_lover View Post


I sold mine at 565 , hoping the china mobile deal is not true .

 

Wasn't able to find China Mobile's official website to purchase phones etc. but this is the closest website I can find.

 

http://iphone.139life.com/
 

Red button's for pre-ordering, blue's for checking re-contract eligibility. The 4.5k figure seems very low, and it includes phones from other makers as well.

post #22 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delusion View Post

Wasn't able to find China Mobile's official website to purchase phones etc. but this is the closest website I can find.

http://iphone.139life.com/

 
Red button's for pre-ordering, blue's for checking re-contract eligibility. The 4.5k figure seems very low, and it includes phones from other makers as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delusion View Post




Wow. That's a lot of money. Hoping they'll officially announce it on the 18th. No idea as to why the share has been dropping the past few days. Any negative news or speculation?

This website is unofficial , china mobile said .
post #23 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delusion View Post


Wow. That's a lot of money. Hoping they'll officially announce it on the 18th. No idea as to why the share has been dropping the past few days. Any negative news or speculation?

It is called " buy on rumors , sell on fact "
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • China Mobile Beijing hints at imminent iPhone preorders on 4G reservation page
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › China Mobile Beijing hints at imminent iPhone preorders on 4G reservation page