or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Google's reaction to Apple's iPhone unveiling: 'We're going to have to start over' on Android

Google's reaction to Apple's iPhone unveiling: 'We're going to have to start over' on Android - Page 6

post #201 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobim08 View Post

Yeah. I mentioned "if". So if you want to ridiculously accuse android of copying something apple didn't invent then I can also ridiculously do the same to apple. You want to do a insanely nonsensical debate please go ahead. I won't indulge you.

You should be on a talent show with those kind of backpedalling skills.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #202 of 216
Didn't the itc ruled that apple infringed samsung frand patents and have the 3gs/4 banned?

No.

Kinda throws the water on your fire, huh.

By getting its country president to veto it.

If you want to bring politics into it, we can certainly give you the beating of a lifetime. Keep pretending Samsung doesn’t rely on its control of the South Korean government to keep existing.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

post #203 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Didn't the itc ruled that apple infringed samsung frand patents and have the 3gs/4 banned?

No.

Kinda throws the water on your fire, huh.

By getting its country president to veto it.

If you want to bring politics into it, we can certainly give you the beating of a lifetime. Keep pretending Samsung doesn’t rely on its control of the South Korean government to keep existing.

Maybe you have been living under a rock but the rest of the world didn't.

www.forbes.com/sites/connieguglielmo/2013/08/03/president-obama-vetoes-itc-ban-on-iphone-ipads-apple-happy-samsung-not/
post #204 of 216
Quote:

This is so laughable. I owned something and I want to sell it at a price. If you don't like then don't buy it. Why apple give stupid excuses? Because samsung wanted to charge more? Apple priced its phone higher outside of U.S. Can I take one home for free since I don't like the higher price charged? A thief is still a thief.

What are you talking about? Your argument is laughable. I'm pretty sure Samsung is also using tech under FRAND that someone else is licensing to them that they couldn't do without. I wonder what your argument would be if somebody pulled this sleazy nonsense on them, after all they are profiting more than ALL other Android companies combined. Shouldn't they pay an exorbitant price for those licenses?. You're clueless. Another bit of advice, just because you repeat the same points over & over again doesn't make them true.

post #205 of 216
Quote:

Show me where android stole anything from ios?

Apple sued for slide to unlock and it has been shown that was prior art.

Voice search, rectangular design and grid of icons have been around since ages ago way before apple.

Do you have the rights to say someone is stealing when they are using something that aren't yours to begin with.

Do you know how long Apple has been around? Voice search was around before Apple?

post #206 of 216
Quote:

Yeah. I mentioned "if". So if you want to ridiculously accuse android of copying something apple didn't invent then I can also ridiculously do the same to apple. You want to do a insanely nonsensical debate please go ahead. I won't indulge you.

http://www.folklore.org/StoryView.py?project=Macintosh&story=On_Xerox,_Apple_and_Progress.txt&topic=Origins&sortOrder=Sort%20by%20Date

http://www.folklore.org/StoryView.py?project=Macintosh&story=Busy_Being_Born.txt&topic=User%20Interface&sortOrder=Sort%20by%20Date&detail=medium

I think I called them Desktop accessories in a previous post they were called desktop ornaments (which became widgets)

http://www.folklore.org/StoryView.py?project=Macintosh&story=Desk_Ornaments.txt&topic=User%20Interface&sortOrder=Sort%20by%20Date&detail=medium

Edited by Splif - 12/28/13 at 6:51pm
post #207 of 216
Maybe you have been living under a rock but the rest of the world didn't.

Because they did not actually infringe on anything. Someone’s been polishing his rocks.

post #208 of 216
Quote:

Show me where android stole anything from ios?

Android as copied the original iPhone OS design and concept, just look at the pre-iPhone Android 1.0 to see how much they took the iPhone as an inspiration.  Before the iPhone, every smartphone was looking like Blackberrys, at that time, Android was a blackberry killer with a physical keyboard, the iPhone make them change their mind. 

After all, Android is merely a skin over a Java runtime environment, like most first gen smartphone. 

samsung-phones-before-and-after-iphone-was-launched.png 

post #209 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMac2 View Post

Android as copied the original iPhone OS design and concept, just look at the pre-iPhone Android 1.0 to see how much they took the iPhone as an inspiration.  Before the iPhone, every smartphone was looking like Blackberrys, at that time, Android was a blackberry killer with a physical keyboard, the iPhone make them change their mind. 

After all, Android is merely a skin over a Java runtime environment, like most first gen smartphone. 

I thought we are talking about OS similarity (not design).

Anyway,  if you take a look at this filing by samsung, it was a completely different story.  Samsung released F700 6 months before iphone.  The iphone looked remarkably similar to F700.  Maybe apple copied this design.

http://www.osnews.com/story/26230/Samsung_reveals_its_pre-iPhone_concepts_10_touchscreen_devices

And Android is not "merely" a skin over Java.   Symbian/WinMo were never a Java runtime phone.   You are talking nonsense.

post #210 of 216
Quote:

Anyway,  if you take a look at this filing by samsung, it was a completely different story.  Samsung released F700 6 months before iphone.  The iphone looked remarkably similar to F700.  Maybe apple copied this design.

http://www.osnews.com/story/26230/Samsung_reveals_its_pre-iPhone_concepts_10_touchscreen_devices

And Android is not "merely" a skin over Java.   Symbian/WinMo were never a Java runtime phone.   You are talking nonsense.

We're not gonna rehash Sammy's theft but: Which company had a "crisis in design" after the iPhone was announced? Which company also had a 120+ page slide deck comparing its designs to the iPhone?
post #211 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Quote:

We're not gonna rehash Sammy's theft but: Which company had a "crisis in design" after the iPhone was announced? Which company also had a 120+ page slide deck comparing its designs to the iPhone?

What does this prove? I bet somewhere in apple hidden away there are similar documents showing how Johnny Ive design comparison to android when he designed iOS7.

Original iphone was a runaway success. As apple competitors they would have to response to the new competition by dissecting iphone and how to respond. Just like now Apple has to copy the strong points of Android to fight it.
post #212 of 216
What does this prove?

That’s just sad.

I bet somewhere in apple hidden away there are similar documents showing how Johnny Ive design comparison to android when he designed iOS7.

Bet not.

Just like now Apple has to copy the strong points of Android to fight it. 

lol.

post #213 of 216
Quote:

What does this prove? I bet somewhere in apple hidden away there are similar documents showing how Johnny Ive design comparison to android when he designed iOS7.

Original iphone was a runaway success. As apple competitors they would have to response to the new competition by dissecting iphone and how to respond. Just like now Apple has to copy the strong points of Android to fight it.

You'll lose that bet. What are the Android "strong" points? Openness? NFC?
post #214 of 216
Quote:

I'm talking about paradigm.  Apple as always smash others paradigms and develops news ones for their product.  Before the iPhone, it was unthinkable to create a phone without physical bouton.  The F700 was still a blackberry oriented design with a full physical keyboard, Appleinsider as already addressed this in a previous article:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/08/13/apple_blocks_samsung_f700_designers_testimony_calls_it_irrelevant

Games and third party apps on Symbian was mostly Java apps: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbian

Here is the first smartphone I've ever own, what a crappy piece of junk:

Edited by BigMac2 - 1/2/14 at 8:20am
post #215 of 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

You'll lose that bet. What are the Android "strong" points? Openness? NFC?

IMO one OS is not inherently better than the other for all users, but there are some things Android seems better at than iOS to date (we already know in what ways iOS is better than Android). A few examples would include a far greater range of sharing options, more complete and straightforward access to the file system, multiple user accounts on the same device, actions on notifications. . .
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #216 of 216
There are a couple of reasonable people around, we just tend to get shouted over a lot of the time.

censored

censored

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Google's reaction to Apple's iPhone unveiling: 'We're going to have to start over' on Android
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Google's reaction to Apple's iPhone unveiling: 'We're going to have to start over' on Android