or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation…

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation…

post #1 of 4

Okay, maybe I just don’t get their purpose in doing so (and if so, correct me), but is it in the charity’s claims (or design) to give to corporations?

Summary for those of us who reach for the nearest weapon when reading tax forms.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Okay, maybe I just don’t get their purpose in doing so (and if so, correct me), but is it in the charity’s claims (or design) to give to corporations?

Summary for those of us who reach for the nearest weapon when reading tax forms.

I think their purpose is to offer grants to organizations/companies/non-profits for their outreach or research projects. I think they also offer scholarships to higher education. I don't know whether they do any research of their own other than in vetting those entities seeking grants.

EDIT: Here ya go TS
http://www.gatesfoundation.org/How-We-Work
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #3 of 4

Eh? Where should the foundations money be invested?

post #4 of 4
Some of the companies listed do seem a bit at odds with the stated aims of the foundation.

But even so, they've bought shares in their equity, not given those companies money directly (unless the companies issued new shares), and it's in the interest of the foundation to get a good return on investment so that it ultimately has more money to give away.
Edited by Crowley - 12/21/13 at 11:55am

censored

censored

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation…