or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › China Mobile signs deal with Apple, will launch iPhone 5s, 5c in January

China Mobile signs deal with Apple, will launch iPhone 5s, 5c in January - Page 2

post #41 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoom View Post

LOL, yep, and the analysts will claim:

1.) Already factored into the price
2.) The Chinese won't buy it because:
A.) They only buy unsubsidized phones
B.) iPhones are too expensive for the Chinese market
C.) So many cheaper clones available
D.) iPhones are known to electrocute the Chinese
E.) Chinese people hate gay CEO's
F.) Steve Jobs is dead
G.) Apple is the new BlackBerry
3.) Apple is actually doomed by inking this deal.
4.) But Google does robots now

(sorry, couldn't help a few of those, I'm one of the faithful, even though my Retina Mini is stuck in a bootloop ATM)

You could not think of a few positive reasons?  You are really dumb. 

post #42 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoy13 View Post

Few hundred shares...
Nice!
post #43 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzeshan View Post

Pretty sure his post was a sarcastic jab at stock market analysts, Sheldon.

45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #44 of 99

And so it begins!   

post #45 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

That should keep the investors happy for a bit. Could add a nice chunk'a change to Apple coffers. It may have taken longer than hoped but now that' the deal is in the can Apple's market share there can only go up and probably fast.

The positive aspect of this getting delayed into January is that we will be able to separate out the Christmas sales from the Chinese sales since they both will fall into separate quarters.
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
post #46 of 99
The media will find a way to put a negative spin on this. Already many of the headlines are referencing the fact that the announcement didn't mention any terms or prices. Morrow will be a day when any other stock would have gone up double digits (look at BlackBerry going up 15% on Friday even though they announced a $4 billion loss), yet I'll be surprised if Apple is up more than 1%.
post #47 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by radster360 View Post

I hope not the case, but sadly it might end up being the case, because Wallstreet hates California and they have manipulated this stocks for many weeks! They will find some reason to sink the stock! FU Wall Street!

Time for a Californian rival to Wall Street! Sunset Boulevard sound good to me.
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
"Google doesn't sell you anything, they just sell you!"
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
"Google doesn't sell you anything, they just sell you!"
post #48 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzeshan View Post

I really am one of the faithful, stockholder, and customer, just got my LTE Retina Mina, completing the trifecta, iP5s, iPad Air and the Retina Mini.

The NYT already threw water on the deal, used some of the stuff I posted and threw in that "Gasp, Apple is in 5th place in China now"

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/23/technology/apple-and-china-mobile-sign-iphone-deal.html?pagewanted=all

post #49 of 99

Perfect for a nice Q2 boost.

This may be perfect timing because it would have been difficult to deliver holiday iPhones to the world's smaller ISP's + huge intro deliveries for China Mobile.

Go Apple, Go CM.

post #50 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by formosa View Post

Fantastic. So that gives 2 weeks of sales before Chinese New Year, the biggest buying holiday of the year.

That is a big effen deal. Chinese New Year is a monster holiday, like Christmas on steroids.

post #51 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

$70 or bust (adusted for a 10 for 1 split)

You forgot to price it in yuan. 1biggrin.gif

I'd like to see AAPL priced where it could [reasonably] be bought by the small investor... Again...
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
post #52 of 99
G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

$70 or bust (adusted for a 10 for 1 split)[/quote
Good call, I've held this through highs & lows not about to sell now for anything much less than ATH
post #53 of 99
To every know-it-all, hedge fund moron and Apple hater, this news means one thing: eat it!
post #54 of 99
Originally Posted by stoutie View Post
To every know-it-all, hedge fund moron and Apple hater, this news means one thing: eat it!

“Android was first.”

post #55 of 99
The one thing Apple has left on the table is a larger screen phone which Apple most likely would address on 2014. How Apple would rule the world is anyone's guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frood View Post

Since the deal was widely expected your prediction is likely pretty accurate.  What will move the stock is if Apple either fails to meet expectations or wildly blows the doors off them.
post #56 of 99
Originally Posted by mubaili View Post
The one thing Apple has left on the table is a larger screen phone

Uh… huh.

How Apple would rule the world is anyone's guess. 

Well, for one, by not doing that.

post #57 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutie View Post

Its call a short squeeze, and it will be spectacular... 1tongue.gif
post #58 of 99
Quote:
 According to Counterpoint Research, the iPhone 5s, 5 and 5c were October’s No. 1, 2 and 4 top-selling smartphones, with Apple grabbing 12 percent of that month’s market share. (in China)

From All Things Digital today

post #59 of 99
Thank you MB
post #60 of 99
No
post #61 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

Its call a short squeeze, and it will be spectacular... 1tongue.gif

I think a short squeeze would only happen if it was found that China Mobile had committed to 100 million phones for each of the next three years.

You can't tell me that this deal wasn't expected to some degree by the analysts. Some of this news was already factored into the share price. The stock only went down 2% when it was learned that somebody jumped the gun. I think that if the analysts thought that the deal was actually dead then the stock would be well below $500 by now.

There will be a bump up in the next week but I think the really healthy push will be when q1 is announced alongside a forecast that CM sales have been better than anticipated and will be maintained as such over the next two quarters.

Hmmmmmm...
Hmmmmmm...
post #62 of 99
I predict the public's love of Apple will finally overpower the media's love of bashing Apple.
post #63 of 99

great news! my tip is 5% up today so AAPL can finish today about 570-580 and once details on deal will be known, stock price can go up or down little more.

post #64 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

The positive aspect of this getting delayed into January is that we will be able to separate out the Christmas sales from the Chinese sales since they both will fall into separate quarters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleSauce007 View Post

Perfect for a nice Q2 boost.
This may be perfect timing because it would have been difficult to deliver holiday iPhones to the world's smaller ISP's + huge intro deliveries for China Mobile.

Go Apple, Go CM.

Bingo and bingo. Apple gets to spread out a large number of sales over 2 quarters. It's almost like a launch followed by another launch.

I wonder if Apple will announce opening week pre-orders/sales for China Mobile?
post #65 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

Bingo and bingo. Apple gets to spread out a large number of sales over 2 quarters. It's almost like a launch followed by another launch.

I wonder if Apple will announce opening week pre-orders/sales for China Mobile?

Getting announced right before the quarter ends on a Sunday seems like this was all planned, and not simply both companies had finally came to an agreement. But why this Sunday and not next Sunday? They usually like a full weekend in the old quarter for new product releases so perhaps it's based on the same model, but why they would do that is beyond me.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

post #66 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

“Android was first.”
And how many years did it take Apple to copy this from Android?

/s
post #67 of 99
On Bloomberg this morning they mentioned that Samsung Electronics shareprice is down over 60% in the past 12 months. Why hasn't this made more news? If Apple's stock was down over 60% in the last 12 months it would be huge news.
post #68 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomSeed View Post

That is a big effen deal. Chinese New Year is a monster holiday, like Christmas on steroids.

Yes, I should've clarified: it's the biggest >CHINESE< buying holiday of the year.

I was in Hong Kong this weekend and stopped into an Apple store (Hysan Place). Suddenly, all employees were clapping, and one employee was carrying a Mac Pro. I asked, but they have none to sell. It is just for display at that time (it was running, and you could play with it). That thing is small and sleek. I expected it to be bigger. It is high-quality machined aluminum everywhere.

I also noticed that 80% of people in Hong Kong either have an iPhone or a Galaxy Note (close to 50-50). Hardly anything else (no S4, a few Lumias and HTCs). So once Apple releases a large screen iPhone, I think the Note may be in trouble in Hong Kong...

post #69 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

On Bloomberg this morning they mentioned that Samsung Electronics shareprice is down over 60% in the past 12 months. Why hasn't this made more news? If Apple's stock was down over 60% in the last 12 months it would be huge news.

Bloomberg. Isn't that the company who posted the obituary of Steve Jobs while he still was alive?

I don't see a 60% stock drop.

1 year chart

I’d rather have a better product than a better price.
post #70 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Bloomberg. Isn't that the company who posted the obituary of Steve Jobs while he still was alive?

1 year chart

Maybe it is at 60% of its high this year... THAT I could see in the chart. Even that would be cause for the Samsung crisis meeting about three weeks back.

I can hear the whine over the renting of garments: "I don't understand it, we practically Xeroxed Apple's iPhone and STILL they outsell us everywhere!"
post #71 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

1 year chart

Weird. They had a charge of both Apple and Samsung up and showed Samsung down 60% in the last 12 months. I thought it was odd too.
post #72 of 99
Quote:

Yes, I should've clarified: it's the biggest >CHINESE< buying holiday of the year.

I was in Hong Kong this weekend and stopped into an Apple store (Hysan Place). Suddenly, all employees were clapping, and one employee was carrying a Mac Pro. I asked, but they have none to sell. It is just for display at that time (it was running, and you could play with it). That thing is small and sleek. I expected it to be bigger. It is high-quality machined aluminum everywhere.

I also noticed that 80% of people in Hong Kong either have an iPhone or a Galaxy Note (close to 50-50). Hardly anything else (no S4, a few Lumias and HTCs). So once Apple releases a large screen iPhone, I think the Note may be in trouble in Hong Kong...
Wow so Hong Kong gets the Mac Pro not US stores? I was at the Mall of America store last Friday and sales person I spoke to said he had no idea when they would be getting a Mac Pro in store.
post #73 of 99
AAPL is up about 2.5% premarket. Yawn. If this was Google or Amazon stock would be up 10%. 1rolleyes.gif
post #74 of 99
Quote:

So once Apple releases a large screen iPhone, I think the Note may be in trouble in Hong Kong...

If Apple releases a larger phone I think the whole world is in trouble!
post #75 of 99

A Forbes drivel already says it is too little too late, and that even if the analysts predict 15-30 Millions more units, it will likely be even not reach the lower end.

you cannot invent this sort of BS.

I wont like to such absurdities but that is remarkable that someone can write that.

post #76 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoy13 View Post

Few hundred shares...

Depends what price you bought at.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #77 of 99
Bahhhh not even 3% i think investors like me are getting tired of it...
post #78 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmia View Post

Bahhhh not even 3% i think investors like me are getting tired of it...

The deal got more than a 3% bump. You just can't view the situation through a day trader's eyes.

Hmmmmmm...
Hmmmmmm...
post #79 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

The deal got more than a 3% bump. You just can't view the situation through a day trader's eyes.
Not a day trader, i went thru the high of last year to the ridiculous low of this year.
post #80 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmia View Post

Not a day trader, i went thru the high of last year to the ridiculous low of this year.

Nobody is saying you are a day trader... but you are viewing this news through a day trader's eyes.

Hmmmmmm...
Hmmmmmm...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • China Mobile signs deal with Apple, will launch iPhone 5s, 5c in January
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › China Mobile signs deal with Apple, will launch iPhone 5s, 5c in January