or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › IBM: iOS crushed Android in Christmas shopping with 5 times the sales

IBM: iOS crushed Android in Christmas shopping with 5 times the sales - Page 4

post #121 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by starxd View Post

Wow, this is pretty bad reporting.  iOS did not represent the vast majority of U.S. "online shopping."  The stats are related to MOBILE shopping.  

Are you sure about this?  iPhone is about 42% of the smart phone market in the US, but iOS also includes iPod Touch and iPad.  When those are included, I would guess that iOS has a higher market share than Android.  

The report does include tablets too.  where it compares phone sales to tablet sales.

post #122 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Another thing, Samsung Electronics Apple-like profits didn't really start occurring until their Galaxy brand took off. And I'm sure they make decent money supplying components for iPhone and iPad. Plus we keep hearing about how margins in the TV business are slim, so I can't imagine Samsung is making a lot of money off their TVs. Are they more diversified than Apple? Yeah, but I think it's pretty clear that mobile is a big part of their business now.

They actually don't there IM division (smart phones, cell tower equipment and computers) makes almost 90% of there money, thats according to there latest quarterly.  If they lost sales on there Galaxy line it would hurt horribly for them.

post #123 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

Something doesn't add up here. If iOS and Android made 50% of all module traffic, and Windows and BB didn't account for much, then which platform accounted for a staggering 50% ?

That part of the article is referring to ALL mobile traffic.  Of all mobile traffic, roughly 50% of it was used for online shopping.  Of that 50%, 80% was using an iOS device to shop.

post #124 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacto Joe View Post

Beware of cheap. There's always a price. Always.

Tell that to all the posters on here that brag about the cheapo plans they have on bootleg carriers.
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • IBM: iOS crushed Android in Christmas shopping with 5 times the sales
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › IBM: iOS crushed Android in Christmas shopping with 5 times the sales