or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › IBM: iOS crushed Android in Christmas shopping with 5 times the sales

IBM: iOS crushed Android in Christmas shopping with 5 times the sales - Page 2

post #41 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by st88 View Post

It helps if you actually follow the conversation before making a comment on the obvious.
Ah, I assumed you were questioning why Apple couldn't do the same. My bad. Anyway I think next month will prove that Apple is doing just fine even with the onslaught of cheap hardware flooding the market.
post #42 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivie62 View Post

Whatever you do, avoid talking about how many more androids were sold world-wide during that same period as opposed to iOS devices.  Any guesses, 5 to 1, 10 to 1?  It's only a matter of time.  When there are 100 androids to every 1 iOS device, then everyone will wonder why we used iPad's at all?  Just like we do with iPod's now.  Reading the tea leaves is as easy as going to some chinese web site and looking up what kind of phablets are out there.  Apple is so far behind it is almost funny.

Provides great opportunity for Apple when all those billions of people want to upgrade from their toy to a nice phone.
post #43 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmay View Post

Important note. Some 67% of Samsung Electronics profits were from smartphones; Apple's about 54%. Both are making money, but I would bet that Samsung is more vulnerable to losing the lower end of the market, which Apple doesn't even compete in, and since Samsung has less of the high end market than Apple, it will be a quicker slide in profitability than for Apple. It's all about ASP of devices and margins, and Apple is handily winning that battle, and with much less advertising costs.
Also I think it's fair to say that Apple has more brand loyalty and Samsung does. I wish there was another company that could challenge them on the android side. Maybe it will be LG?
post #44 of 124
Here's the original IBM Article:
Quote:
Alert: Mobile Traffic and Sales Surge on Christmas Day 2013
Holiday Benchmark Staff - 9am EST December 26, 2013

Here are the online shopping trends we saw for Wednesday, December 25, Christmas Day from the IBM Digital Analytics Benchmark.

Overall Christmas Day online sales were up 16.5 percent over the same period last year. Let’s take a closer look at some of the key drivers:
  • Mobile Traffic and Sales: Mobile traffic was the highest we've seen over this holiday season, accounting for 48 percent of all online traffic, up 28.3 percent compared to the same period last year. Mobile sales also remained strong, approaching 29 percent of all online sales, up 40 percent over 2012.
  • Smartphones Browse, Tablets Buy: Smartphones drove 28.5 percent of all online traffic compared to tablets at 18.1 percent, making it the browsing device of choice. When it comes to making the sale, tablets drove 19.4 percent of all online sales, more than twice that of smartphones, which accounted for 9.3 percent. Tablet users also averaged $95.61 per order, versus smartphone users, who averaged $85.11 per order.
  • iOS vs. Android: As a percentage of total online sales, iOS was more than five times higher than Android, driving 23 percent vs. 4.6 percent for Android. On average, iOS users spent $93.94 per order, nearly twice that of Android users, who spent $48.10 per order. iOS also led as a component of overall traffic with 32.6 percent vs. 14.8 percent for Android.
  • The Social Influence - Facebook vs. Pinterest: Shoppers referred from Facebook averaged $72.01 per order, versus Pinterest referrals, which drove $86.83 per order. However, Facebook referrals converted sales at nearly four times the rate of Pinterest referrals, perhaps indicating stronger confidence in network recommendations.

Today's updates are based on the cloud-based IBM Digital Analytics Benchmark, the industry’s only real-time, cloud-based digital analytics platform that tracks millions of transactions and analyzes terabytes of raw data from approximately 800 retail sites nationwide. Visit www.ibm.com/benchmark for real-time data alerts, or follow the hashtag #SmarterCommerce.

http://www-01.ibm.com/software/marketing-solutions/benchmark-hub/dec26.html

If my calculations and the numbers and relationships in this article are accurate, then I think that we are experiencing a revolution in the way buying is being done, consider:

100.0% == All Online Sales
  71.0% == Non-Mobile Online Sales (Desktop, Laptop)   - 40% over 2012
  29.0% == Mobile Online Sales (Tablets and Phones)     + 40% over 2012
  19.4% == Tablet Online Sales
  16.2% == iPad Online Sales

That's worth repeating: The iPad accounted for 16.2% of all online sales on Christmas Day 2013... All Online Sales includes desktop computers, laptop computers, tablets and phones,

Yes, Virginia... The iPad is just a consumption device -- but then, buying things is consumption...

And to quote late US Senator "Fritz" Hollings: "Da's a whole lot a consuming' goin' out dare!"
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
post #45 of 124
@rivie62

How many years has this excuse by Android lovers/Apple haters been constantly repeated? Six? Seven years now?
post #46 of 124

Exactly. These devices just came onto the market. Most Android devices that are still counted as "marketshare" are old devices that don't do much. Those are the ones that I've come into contact with. I have a Nexus 7 (not a phone I know), but the thing can't hold a charge and is getting progressively slower. My employee's Android phone (Motorola) freezes up when you pick up the phone and sometimes crashes. My friend's Android phone (another Motorola), can't keep a charge no matter how long you charge it.  I get people ask me all the time what to do and I can only tell them to take it back to the Verizon/ATT store and get a replacement.

I realize there are some great Android devices out there and I have a few. Amazon Kindle is a great UI but not native Android I know. I'm a Google Glass Explorer and I find that to be a great piece of hardware. I really don't like the UI of the stock Android on the Nexus 7 and like I said, I have issues there.

It just seems that more of my circle have more problems with their Android devices and can't find decent resolution to those problems other than to wait until their contract expires and get another device they can afford which is often, another Android device. They don't need all the bells and whistles and just get what's cheapest at the time. That may be the Motorola X or Nexus 5 or something... but most consumers are confused by all this *choice* and assume one device is the same as the other because of the spec sheet.  I just know the people I tell to get an iPhone too and listen are happy they did, even if it costs a little more.

post #47 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by waldobushman View Post

I don't what to make of Android. Seems that Google has lost control of Android. It's Samsung's baby at this point. Oracle, who owns Java, has won a seemingly important decision against Google for not licensing Java. Google seems to be moving to Chrome OS. 

Android is less a product and more a marketing label. The variations among devices running Android seems quite functionally vast as are the versions and configurations of Android running on them. If one were to itemize the functionality one receives with devices running Android, it would be represented by quite sparse-in-places 3D matrix of Device x Android Version x Function

iOS, however, has far fewer variations and it is relatively simple to detail what functionality one gets. 

^^^ This!

post #48 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Well you have to admit that Apple has a whole lot of its eggs in one basket, namely the iPhone and iPad. If sales were to collapse on either one of those products Apple would be in trouble quickly. Just like stock portfolios companies sometimes need to be diversified. Samsung, for example, could fall flat on its face in mobile, lose market share, see sales of phones plummet, and still keep going building TVs and refrigerators. If iPhones suddenly fell out of favor what would Apple have to fall back on, Macintosh sales? 

I think Apple's mac business makes more money than Samsung's TV business...

post #49 of 124
Quote:

I'm more interested in how companies will evolve their mobile hardware/software and how the market will react when a budget device is more than enough.

For example, in the 2nd half of 2014, Qualcomm will be releasing an efficient and low cost SoC, the Snapdragon 410.  This SoC uses 4x Cortex A53 cores (ARMv8 64-bit), an Adreno 306 GPU (OpenGL ES 3.0, full HD playback, 13MP camera support), and Qualcomm's global LTE chip. 

I'm not following your thought between paragraphs. What does that example have to do with the first paragraph? Are you saying that anything less than those specs are not enough for people today? Furthermore, could you point to the source where Qualcomm's low-cost and power efficient SoC will be 4-core, which is what I assume is what you means by 4x. So far I have seen no 4-core that is more power efficient or lower-cost than what a 2-core chip can be. Note that all the big.LITTLE only ever have two cores running at once and use different microarchitecture in a heterogeneous design.

It seems to me that today's HW is more than capable in terms of HW specs. It's good SW that is still the issue for most vendors.

PS: Why would "full HD playback" be in hat list? What devices being released today can't decode 1080p video?

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

post #50 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstarsboy View Post

Considering Apple makes at least 1/3 of all PC profits in the world that's probably true.

post #51 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

and 97% of those purchases made using iOS devices were used to purchase android/Samsung devices.

/s

To give to their small children who don't buy anything. Wouldn't want to give them something nice to break either.
post #52 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstarsboy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Well you have to admit that Apple has a whole lot of its eggs in one basket, namely the iPhone and iPad. If sales were to collapse on either one of those products Apple would be in trouble quickly. Just like stock portfolios companies sometimes need to be diversified. Samsung, for example, could fall flat on its face in mobile, lose market share, see sales of phones plummet, and still keep going building TVs and refrigerators. If iPhones suddenly fell out of favor what would Apple have to fall back on, Macintosh sales? 

Yes! And we may be seeing the start of a disruption of what comprises a Personal Computer -- more specifically a Mac....

Let me be the first to show the prosumer variant of the Mac Pro...

The Mac Muff
Edited by Dick Applebaum - 12/26/13 at 3:42pm

post #53 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkichline View Post

While Apple devices may never win marketshare... 

Apple will have a majority share of all cell phone subscribers in the US by the middle of 2015, according to a straight line extrapolation of their current growth (http://www.asymco.com/2013/12/13/how-many-americans-will-be-using-an-iphone/).  They currently have a little over 25%, up from 17.5% a year ago and 10.2% two years ago.

post #54 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsk View Post

Android user are expecting everything must be free, and they are never going to spend any penny.

The concept if 'free' reeks of charity, Marxism, foolishness or a underlying subsidy price model. Google and their followers were too damn lazy to build a mobile OS from scratch so they jumped on Linix for a free software ride. In fairness Linix/Androud do work well but it does sacrifice some software engineering originality of form and design.
post #55 of 124
Quote:

Considering some users are under the impression a budget Android device can hardly make a phone call, full HD playback would be way beyond their expectations *wink wink*. Other GPU features such as OpenGL ES 3.0 support, is new to iOS and is only supported in the A7.

I think the impression is that most Android phones aren't utilized as smartphones and are running an older version of Android that is less capable.

post #56 of 124

I'm surprised that many Android users even have a functioning electrical outlet at home, so that they can charge their device. If I wanted to meet many Android users, my best bet at finding a whole bunch of them would probably be to head down towards the nearest soup kitchen.

When possible, I always try to avoid coming into close contact with Android users, like when I'm on the subway or a bus, as they probably carry more communicable diseases compared to the average, non cheap person. These people who are so cheap with their phones (ten dollars is enough to make these people whine and moan like there's no tomorrow), are also very likely to cheap out when it comes to other purchases, such as healthcare, medicine, preventative care etc.

These people and their garbage phones do nothing to advance the tech industry forward. Quite the opposite.

post #57 of 124
Quote:

The Snapdragon 410 is an example of the type of SoC that would make a ~$150 smartphone just as capable as a flagship of today.  An SoC that can provide full functionality and run the vast majority of software. 

Anandtech on the Snapdragon 410: http://www.anandtech.com/show/7573/qualcomm-announces-snapdragon-410-based-on-64bit-arm-cortex-a53-and-adreno-306-gpu

The Cortex A53 is the successor to the Cortex A7, but with performance above Cortex A9.  As long as the software can support 4 cores, it should be able to offer the same performance as a 2 cores but at a lower clock and lower voltage.  One example of a low cost/low power SoC is Mediatek's new MT6592 which utilizes 8 Cortex A7 cores (a true octa-core SoC).  It can compete with Qualcomm's Snapdragon 800 (4 Krait 400 cores) in CPU performance while using less power.

Considering some users are under the impression a budget Android device can hardly make a phone call, full HD playback would be way beyond their expectations *wink wink*. Other GPU features such as OpenGL ES 3.0 support, is new to iOS and is only supported in the A7.

Whoa. It can compete with the SD800? It's not even close. There is limited data on this SoC, but there are benchmarks out there on devices ready to ship next month. The MT6592 only scores 440/2331 on Geekbench 3 (single core/multi-core) vs around 950/2700 for a SD800. When all 8 cores are running it gets close to a SD800, but on a single core it's less than half as fast. And since most software isn't taking advantage of multiple cores, this is where MT6592 phones are going to come in at (half as fast).

The MT6592 is going to be great for mid-range phones, but it's not challenging any high-end phones.

Nobody is under the impression a budget Android phone can't make calls or run Apps. What people are talking about is that most Android users only use a fraction of the capabilities of their devices. Which is ironic since all they can yap about is how Android is superior to the "Fisher Price OS" that is iOS.

post #58 of 124
Quote:

I was giving an example on how more cores running at lower clock/voltage can offer similar performance to a system of less cores using a higher clock/voltage.  The demonstration of all 8 cores running is essential to my point, but by no means am I hyping up the abilities of the MT6592. 

I thought we left the "more cores is always better" in the past with the "more MHz is always better." The iPhone is wiping the floor with 4-core SoCs and using a lot less power to do it. The goal should be better performance per watt, and the number of cores to achieve that goal are irrelevant.

post #59 of 124

The one weakness in Google's ad-based revenue approach is if the advertisers realise Android users don't have much to spend.

post #60 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi View Post

No surprise here! iPhone has cornered itself as an elite product with snobbish value. So, any gift giving season the sales of Apple products will spike up because of this factor. But in the long run and on a day to day basis this niche product is no match to the ever expanding (and equalizing) juggernaut of Android.

Sorry. I almost spit out my French fries, that was so funny. Great joke.

post #61 of 124
Quote:

The "more cores is always better" is limited by software.  In an ideal environment, more of the same cores should be able to offer the same performance at a lower clock and voltage.  Your comparison breaks that ideal environment (different types of cores and different software).

In all fairness my 8x Cortex A7 vs 4x Krait 400 broke one of those rules (different core types), but still managed to hold true.

1) It's not only limited b SW, but also HW capabilities.

2) Ideal is the key word there. Why was it not ideal for Apple to make A8 4-core if it would have used less power while offering more performance? If anyone is concerned about power efficiency it's Apple.
Edited by SolipsismX - 12/26/13 at 7:04pm

post #62 of 124
Apple already d
Quote:

Whatever you do, avoid talking about how many more androids were sold world-wide during that same period as opposed to iOS devices.  Any guesses, 5 to 1, 10 to 1?  It's only a matter of time.  When there are 100 androids to every 1 iOS device, then everyone will wonder why we used iPad's at all?  Just like we do with iPod's now.  Reading the tea leaves is as easy as going to some chinese web site and looking up what kind of phablets are out there.  Apple is so far behind it is almost funny.

Apple, for instance, dominates the US market. THE platinum market. Where the MONEY is to be made. And China is spread wide open for them.

I think Apple is content to let Google play as much as they like in the Third World, which is Google's playground.
post #63 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Apple already d
Quote:

Apple, for instance, dominates the US market. THE platinum market. Where the MONEY is to be made. And China is spread wide open for them.

I think Apple is content to let Google play as much as they like in the Third World, which is Google's playground.

Concise and we'll said!

post #64 of 124
Quote:

I'm more interested in how companies will evolve their mobile hardware/software and how the market will react when a budget device is more than enough.

For example, in the 2nd half of 2014, Qualcomm will be releasing an efficient and low cost SoC, the Snapdragon 410.  This SoC uses 4x Cortex A53 cores (ARMv8 64-bit), an Adreno 306 GPU (OpenGL ES 3.0, full HD playback, 13MP camera support), and Qualcomm's global LTE chip. 

1. Apple doesn't play for budget users. Hell budget users still buy Android and wish for the iPhone.
2. Do you really think Apple is just going to stop at the A7?
post #65 of 124
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

1. Apple doesn't play for budget users. Hell budget users still buy Android and wish for the iPhone.

2. Do you really think Apple is just going to stop at the A7?
Why would I think that?  You're having trouble understanding my point.  There is only so much the average user will use their smartphone to do.  We're just about at a point where the hardware of a budget cellphone can exceed the requirements of a common user for basic and complex applications
.  Thus, the increased performance will only be utilized by fewer and fewer users.

The problem with your argument is that it has been used before for almost every technology advanced in the last 50 years... And it's always been wrong!

post #66 of 124
Quote:

Even if they had more power efficiency there is no reason to utilize it if they're already the market leader (save those advances for their next SoC)

Apple isn't going to utilize more power efficient chips because they are the market leader? WTF?! Do you know we're talking about Apple, right? The company that likes nothing more than make products more power efficient so they make them smaller and lighter with each iteration?

post #67 of 124
Quote:

Why would I think that?  You're having trouble understanding my point.  There is only so much the average user will use their smartphone to do.  We're just about at a point where the hardware of a budget cellphone can exceed the requirements of a common user for basic and complex applications.  Thus, the increased performance will only be utilized by fewer and fewer users.

More like the increased power will cause innovative developers to see what capabilities they can bring to the smartphone that they previously couldn't.

If I was interviewing software developers to hire and I got a response like yours I'd dump their resume into the trash bin at the conclusion of our interview.

post #68 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Quote:

Even if they had more power efficiency there is no reason to utilize it if they're already the market leader (save those advances for their next SoC)

Apple isn't going to utilize more power efficient chips because they are the market leader? WTF?! Do you know we're talking about Apple, right? The company that likes nothing more than make products more power efficient so they make them smaller and lighter with each iteration?

As I understand it, the A9s are already being tested…

post #69 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

I've said it before, 70% of the US economy is driven by the "consumer," but 50% of the US economy is driven by the wealthiest top 10% of the consumers!

Apple knows this.

Google/Android, MS/Windows make crap software.

HP/Samsung/Sony, etc., make crap hardware.

Combine crap software and crap hardware and you get what you deserve....crap! :)

The wealthiest top 10% don't buy squat. They have their needs covered and their wants aren't fixated on the latest tech. The statement, ``Rich people don't pay for anything,'' is in reference to the fact rich people who are famous never appear anywhere unless paid, who are powerful know they pay for nothing and who are just old money have no need to show up.

The Middle Class is what drives these latest gadgets. Kids are prioritizing their material needs around smartphones/tablets first. As kids we blew thousands per year going to video arcades. Now they blow it on wasting time IM'ing one another.

post #70 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

Quote:

Why would I think that?  You're having trouble understanding my point.  There is only so much the average user will use their smartphone to do.  We're just about at a point where the hardware of a budget cellphone can exceed the requirements of a common user for basic and complex applications
.  Thus, the increased performance will only be utilized by fewer and fewer users.

More like the increased power will cause innovative developers to see what capabilities they can bring to the smartphone that they previously couldn't.

If I was interviewing software developers to hire and I got a response like yours I'd dump their resume into the trash bin at the conclusion of our interview.

I suspect that most of the hardware advances for Apple's Ax chips will be on the iPad... Much more opportunity!

post #71 of 124
Quote:

You missed the previous sentence about higher cost and development.  Yes, they would have an even better device, but with a lower profit margin.  Again there is still the factor of the 2 core software optimization.

You missed where Apple bough PA Semi and have been building their own chips, not to mention their other HW designs all which cost money they didn't have to spend if their plan was to act like a CEO only thinning about the next quarter bonus.

post #72 of 124
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

The problem with your argument is that it has been used before for almost every technology advanced in the last 50 years... And it's always been wrong!

Vague and you couldn't even be bothered to provide a comparable example.

Do you really need an example, or are you just dodging the issue?  Are you actually arguing that hardware advances have not always driven software development to take advantage of the hardware?  There is clearly plenty of room for increased processing power in smartphones and tablets, whether for advanced imaging/image processing or more futuristic developments such as onboard speech recognition.

post #73 of 124
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Where have you been?

The links are there... Surf DEC, DataGeneral, Rockwell, PDP... All revolutions that failed.. then there is ... You pick 'em...

BTW, for a great read.. read Soul of a New Machine
Quote:
Computers have changed since 1981, when Tracy Kidder memorably recorded the drama, comedy, and excitement of one companys efforts to bring a new microcomputer to market. What has not changed is the feverish pace of the high-tech industry, the go-for-broke approach to business that has caused so many computer companies to win big (or go belly up), and the cult of pursuing mind-bending technological innovations. The Soul of a New Machine is an essential chapter in the history of the machine that revolutionized the world in the twentieth century.

Edited by Dick Applebaum - 12/26/13 at 7:39pm

post #74 of 124
Quote:

Designing is part of the process, even if they have someone to design the chips for them in house, it still costs additional money. The manufacturing of a more complex design also costs more money.  Again you're still forgetting the jump from 2 cores to 4 cores for their software to utilize the advances of a 4 core SoC.

Oh, so Apple is saving money but not using the latest Cortex designed by ARM but other vendors are instead foolishly throwing away money? 1rolleyes.gif Either way, you're arguing against your own point when you said "there is no reason to utilize [ppwer efficient] if they're already the market leader."
Edited by SolipsismX - 12/26/13 at 7:51pm

post #75 of 124
I know why I, as a 25-year Mac user, read AppleInsider. I have strong doubts about the sincerity of Android fans dropping in here to snipe. Likely they are paid for their drivel by Apple's competitors -as if their efforts will sway Apple loyalists.
post #76 of 124

Even if they had more power efficiency there is no reason to utilize it if theyre already the market leader

This nonsense again? If you’re wondering why people aren’t listening to you, it’s because your argument is based in absolute lies that have never been correct.

Originally Posted by st88 View Post

Yeah, see, it’s stuff like this that gets you dismissed as a loony or a troll. YOU haven’t given one, but look at any market leading device released ever and you’ll see that technology itself is our example. In fact, not only couldn’t you be more incorrect, really the only time that devices AREN’T sufficiently updated between iterations is when the company in question is… NOT the market leader. Look at IBM. Why do you think Apple left them for Intel? Guess what the ratio of PowerPC to X86 personal computers was in aught five. 

Let’s see… The iPod has had at least 70% PMP marketshare since, what, 2005? I guess Apple hasn’t updated the iPod since then, huh.

post #77 of 124
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

Do you really need an example, or are you just dodging the issue?  Are you actually arguing that hardware advances have not always driven software development to take advantage of the hardware?  There is clearly plenty of room for increased processing power in smartphones and tablets, whether for advanced imaging/image processing or more futuristic developments such as onboard speech recognition.

Hold it! I'm not talking about tablets, Bay Trail has already proven the types of capabilities you can have from a tablet or 2-in-1.

Getting back to mobile as discussed in my previous comment (look way back!).

Here's an example.  Portable music players.  Over 5~10 years they became smaller in size,  they could hold more music, utilize different playback features,  improved quality etc.  The majority of the market has been taken over by the current mobile market (at everyone here knows).  

Hence my original comment that is being ignored by multiple users:

"I'm more interested in how companies will evolve their mobile hardware/software and how the market will react when a budget device is more than enough."

If your original comment seems to be being ignored, it's because your subsequent comments demand more attention.  Either you are really bad at communicating your points or (as I suspect), you are actually quite good at communicating but your arguments are flawed, so you are spending way too much time trying to move the goalposts when that is pointed out.

post #78 of 124
Quote:

Quote:

If your original comment seems to be being ignored, it's because your subsequent comments demand more attention.  Either you are really bad at communicating your points or (as I suspect), you are actually quite good at communicating but your arguments are flawed, so you are spending way too much time trying to move the goalposts when that is pointed out.

Or some users like to pick and choose parts of my discussion and ride it aimlessly into a different direction.  

Yes - perhaps some are doing that and they are easy targets, but it's the others, who are not, that you are dodging.

post #79 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I think the impression is that most Android phones aren't utilized as smartphones and are running an older version of Android that is less capable.

The Moto G is trying to change that. It's a inexpensive phone that will get timely OS updates.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
post #80 of 124
Quote:

Quote:

Yes - perhaps some are doing that and they are easy targets, but it's the others, who are not, that you are dodging.

If you feel I'm dodging someone's comments then point it out as I have full intention to respond to someone that is capable of having a reasonable conversation.

Quite recently you dodged the question (from myself and others) on whether you really needed an example that hardware development drives software development, since you seemed to be disputing that.  Perhaps you could summarize your primary point(s), as opposed to your interest, because having read this thread in its entirety, I cannot fathom what you are currently trying to argue. 

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • IBM: iOS crushed Android in Christmas shopping with 5 times the sales
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › IBM: iOS crushed Android in Christmas shopping with 5 times the sales