or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › NSA worked on iPhone spyware to remotely monitor users, leaked documents show

NSA worked on iPhone spyware to remotely monitor users, leaked documents show - Page 3

post #81 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacekid View Post

I'm confused what the problem is. Is it since the general population as well as terrorists use iPhones, NSA shouldn't try to hack into it? If so, that seems rather naive of real life.

Over the past several years I've seen various news articles of criminals hacking into phones. Is it OK for criminals but not those trying to catch them?

I know what you are trying to say, but your argument falls apart completely if taken to its conclusion.  You are asking why it is not OK for law enforcement to break the very laws that they are trying to enforce in order to catch others who are also breaking them. In general it is obviously not OK to do that, and it's not OK for the criminals to hack into phones either - precisely because it is illegal.

post #82 of 86
I love seeing the NSA violate the anti cracking laws that were put in place by media company lobbies. One hopes the corporations might fight this to protect their interests and their sponsored anti cracking laws. There must be something positive in all this abuse of people, right???
post #83 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalM View Post

You meant the "argumentum ad hominem"?

Yes. Was that in any way unclear?
Quote:
THAT is an argumentum ad hominem

Not really. It was a conclusion reached on the premise that the person in question is making claims without proof.

An Ad Hominem calls into question the source in a way unrelated to the information in question and concludes that the information is false based solely on the unrelated shortcomings of the source.
post #84 of 86
post #85 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Of course he hasn't. It's a conspiracy theory.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-07-09/nsa-has-inserted-its-code-android-os-bugging-three-quarters-all-smartphones

android source code is open source so of course they do.

post #86 of 86

Since the source code for android is publicly available, maybe you can point us to the specific lines of code that you deem suspicious -- something that you would never be able to do with any closed source project.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › NSA worked on iPhone spyware to remotely monitor users, leaked documents show