or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iOS 7 now installed on 78% of active Apple handheld devices
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iOS 7 now installed on 78% of active Apple handheld devices

post #1 of 94
Thread Starter 
The latest official data from Apple reveals that 78 percent of active iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices are running the company's latest mobile operating system, iOS 7, up four percentage points from earlier this month.

iOS 7


Apple's figures cover the 7-day period ending Dec. 29, 2013. With iOS 7 covering the lion's share of Apple mobile devices, iOS 6 remains installed on 18 percent of users' handsets, while earlier versions of iOS account for 4 percent.

The gains made by iOS 7 over the last month came entirely at the hands of iOS 6, which fell from 22 percent at the start of December. Earlier iOS versions remained flat at 4 percent.

The figures reaffirm users' quick adoption of Apple's latest software, as iOS 7 was only released to the public in mid September of this year.

With iOS 6 just over a year old, that means that Apple's two most recent platform releases are installed on a whopping 96 percent of active iPhones, iPads and iPod touch units.

Android


In contrast, though Google has not updated its own official developer statistics since Dec. 2, its most recent data showed that just 1.1 percent of Android devices were running that mobile operating system's latest version, known as Android 4.4 "KitKat."

The largest share of Android users are running some form of "Jelly Bean," which ranges from 4.1.x to 4.3. But a significant 24.1 percent of Android users are still running versions 2.3.3 to 2.3.7, also known as "Gingerbread" --?an operating system version that was last updated in September of 2011.
post #2 of 94

It would be higher if they had an appropriate response to the fact that iOS7 has broken wifi on so many iPhone 4S phones. The fact that their much lauded customer support hasn't been at all supportive means that several acquaintances that I know are avoiding iOS7 like the plague and I cannot blame them. I would be avoiding it also if there was a good chance that it would break my phone and Apple's response was too bad, buy a new phone.

post #3 of 94
With the revelations of NSA planting spy software on iPhones, perhaps the iPhone OS should be referred to as IOS/NSA 7
post #4 of 94
I'd imagine that many of the devices that aren't on iOS7 are iPhone 3GS's
iPad, Macbook Pro, iPhone, heck I even have iLife! :-)
Reply
iPad, Macbook Pro, iPhone, heck I even have iLife! :-)
Reply
post #5 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by saarek View Post

I'd imagine that many of the devices that aren't on iOS7 are iPhone 3GS's
Did the iPad 2 get iOS 7.
post #6 of 94
Originally Posted by mknopp View Post
It would be higher if they had an appropriate response to the fact that iOS7 has broken wifi on so many iPhone 4S phones.

 

They don’t because it’s not universally broken.

 

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post
Did the iPad 2 get iOS 7.
 

Yep. :mad:

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #7 of 94
To be fair to Googs, that 1.1% is about 100% of Android phones that can actually upgrade to 4.4.

As for ios7 breaking wifi on the 4S, I don't think it's that great of a percentage otherwise Apple would have said something. While I don't doubt it exists, I am not having that issue on mine.
post #8 of 94

The percentage increase in IOS 7 adoption probably reflects the large number of new devices sold for the Christmas holiday -- not any significant increase in the number of existing owners upgrading their devices to IOS 7.

post #9 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by cws View Post

The percentage increase in IOS 7 adoption probably reflects the large number of new devices sold for the Christmas holiday -- not any significant increase in the number of existing owners upgrading their devices to IOS 7.
Well iOS 6 dropped from 22% to 18%. So existing owners must have been buying new devices which essentially is upgrading from iOS 6 to iOS 7.
post #10 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by waldobushman View Post

With the revelations of NSA planting spy software on iPhones, perhaps the iPhone OS should be referred to as IOS/NSA 7

as opposed to the spy ware built into every Android device by Google?
Probably saved the NSA the effort of creating the app for Android; all they had to do was tap the Google servers.
Nevertheless their Android app has probably already been deployed, even criminals have made malware to rob Android users.

Not forgetting all those Android apps with dubious permissions sending and receiving info without the user's knowledge.

Oh, and if you didn't know already, the NSA makes its own public contribution to Android:

NSA Has Legitimate Code Running in Linux Kernel and Android
post #11 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

To be fair to Googs, that 1.1% is about 100% of Android phones that can actually upgrade to 4.4.

As for ios7 breaking wifi on the 4S, I don't think it's that great of a percentage otherwise Apple would have said something. While I don't doubt it exists, I am not having that issue on mine.
I suppose it's like Safari on the iPad. Crashes for me like crazy (especially on this site) but others don't seem to have any issues.
post #12 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknopp View Post
 

It would be higher if they had an appropriate response to the fact that iOS7 has broken wifi on so many iPhone 4S phones. The fact that their much lauded customer support hasn't been at all supportive means that several acquaintances that I know are avoiding iOS7 like the plague and I cannot blame them. I would be avoiding it also if there was a good chance that it would break my phone and Apple's response was too bad, buy a new phone.

 

You are just plain wrong on all of your assertions. Counting Google hits does’t count. You cannot possibly provide any evidence to support your claim of “iOS 7 has broken wifi on so many iPhone 4S phones” other than thread post counting, which means absolutely nothing. And Apple’s ‘lauded customer support’ is still very much lauded by most. 

 

Just stating something to be the case does not make it the case. B.S. on your post.

post #13 of 94

Not to mention it's ugly and too bright - I like plain, but….

post #14 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post


Did the iPad 2 get iOS 7.

 

Yes. My iPad 2 runs iOS 7 perfectly well. Battery life actually  improved for me personally. Do you really think Apple would still be selling the iPad 2 if it didn’t run iOS 7?

post #15 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by decondo View Post
 

Not to mention it's ugly and too bright - I like plain, but….

Then live in the past. It’s your life.

post #16 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Yes. My iPad 2 runs iOS 7 perfectly well. Battery life actually  improved for me personally. Do you really think Apple would still be selling the iPad 2 if it didn’t run iOS 7?
Ah yes, my bad. I forgot Apple was still selling iPad 2. 1embarassed.gif
post #17 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

They don’t because it’s not universally broken.

 

What does that matter? Their software broke their hardware, and their response is sorry, but we aren't going to do anything about it.

 

So, you believe that a corporation should only support their customers when their actions negatively affect everyone who uses the product? That is a joke. And is flat out bad business.

 

Apple is in the wrong here, plain and simple. They broke these people's phones and their response has been unconscionable. They are losing customers, some of which have been long time Apple customers. And no matter how you look at it, that is a losing business strategy. It doesn't matter if it is only 5% or even 1% of iPhone 4S owners. Being told that your one year old phone was broken by them and they aren't going to do a thing about it is not right, and if this is the new Apple attitude then they will regret it someday. Becauase it might just be a few percent this time, but what about next time and the time after that? They worked hard to earn those percentages as customers and now you are saying that it is okay that they just toss them away? I would suggest you ask Microsoft or Sony or Blackberry how that attitude has worked for them.

 

Apple would be wise to heed Will Roger's wisdom. "It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, but you can lose it in a minute."

post #18 of 94
I'm in the 4% Earlier iOS crowd with earlier device, original iPad, no iPhone. I am waiting for that number to reduce to 1%. It will be the only time in my life that I can truthfully say, I was a 1 %'er!

Ten years ago, we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.  Today we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Reply

Ten years ago, we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.  Today we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Reply
post #19 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknopp View Post
 

iOS7 has broken wifi on so many iPhone 4S phones.

 

Well, not mine.  All bunnies and sunshine over here, and I connect to at least six networks regularly.

 

Having said that, I'm not doing anything to upset the applecart on my iPad 3... it's a critical tool for my work, and it will stay iOS6 for the forseeable future.

post #20 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post
 

Then live in the past. It’s your life.

That's so sweet. I hadn't thought of that.

The new apple iOS looks like the old Android to me. Consequence of a new post Jobs era, I'm sure.

Looking forward to iOS 8. iOS 7 looks like a baby step in layout and design.

post #21 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by PScooter63 View Post
 

 

Well, not mine.  All bunnies and sunshine over here, and I connect to at least six networks regularly.

 

Having said that, I'm not doing anything to upset the applecart on my iPad 3... it's a critical tool for my work, and it will stay iOS6 for the forseeable future.

 

Some people still run Windows Vista. Go figure.

post #22 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post


I suppose it's like Safari on the iPad. Crashes for me like crazy (especially on this site) but others don't seem to have any issues.

It crashes more often on my Mac more than on my iPads/iPhones.

post #23 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by decondo View Post
 

That's so sweet. I hadn't thought of that.

The new apple iOS looks like the old Android to me. Consequence of a new post Jobs era, I'm sure.

Looking forward to iOS 8. iOS 7 looks like a baby step in layout and design.

People keep saying that, but side-by-side comparison simply makes that observation absurd. 

post #24 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post


Ah yes, my bad. I forgot Apple was still selling iPad 2. 1embarassed.gif

Was? Still is.

post #25 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post
 

 

You are just plain wrong on all of your assertions. Counting Google hits does’t count. You cannot possibly provide any evidence to support your claim of “iOS 7 has broken wifi on so many iPhone 4S phones” other than thread post counting, which means absolutely nothing. And Apple’s ‘lauded customer support’ is still very much lauded by most. 

 

Just stating something to be the case does not make it the case. B.S. on your post.

 

My cousin was one of those whose iPhone 4S was broken. He talked to Apple support several times and was basically told the same thing every time, "Sorry, but we can't help you. We suggest you buy a new phone." And he did. He bought an Android phone on Black Friday and has stated that he is done with Apple. Maybe he is and maybe he isn't, but he has been a huge supporter and Apple evangelist for close to half a decade now. He talked most of his family into buying Apple products. Now, he is telling them to buy something else.

 

He looked at the support thread, but never posted. So, you are correct, thread count isn't a truly valid metric, but you are wrong in the opposite direction of your assertion. For every vocal person who posts anywhere on the web there are many who will never post, who will never let Apple know of their displeasure through any means other then simply to stop supporting or buying their products. The silent majority is a very well known and well document part of any system.

 

Sure I am presenting only a colloquial anecdote, but the simple fact is that this is a problem, and Apple's response is not what it should be to keep their customers.

 

I don't care if this only happened to one person. When a company breaks one of their products with an update they should make it right. Plain and simple. That is good customer service and the reason that Apple's support is so highly regarded, but it will not stay that way if this is their new attitude.

 

If that doesn't convince you. Let put this into language that even a bean counter can understand. For the cost of a single iPhone 4S, $450, they have potentially lost a 24 year old customer for life. If we assume that this customer buys a new cellphone of similar quality every three years for the rest of his life, let's say 51 more years, then he will buy 17 more phones. If we assume that the price of cellphones will drop by 2% every year, then that customer will spend approximately $4921 over their life on cellphones. Thus, by alienating this single customer Apple will lose $4471. And that isn't even accounting for the word of mouth effect. He has already told his sister to not upgrade her iPhone 4S to iOS7 because it might break it, and has already started on her about not buying an iPhone for her next phone. His sister is three years younger than him. What about his parents, aunts, uncles, etc that he has convinced to buy Apple over the last handful of years? They listen to him. How much more money will Apple give away because they didn't want to make things right with my cousin over a $450 phone that they broke.

 

Any way you spin this, neither the ethics nor the math add up. Apple is wrong, and while I still like Apple and still plan on buying their products. I cannot in good conscious contradict my cousin. It is one thing for me to gamble with my own purchases, but given how bad Apple supported my cousin and the others who have posted online, I cannot tell my family members to buy Apple without qualm anymore because they will take care of you. Now it is caveat emptor with Apple, just like everyone else.

post #26 of 94

It should be noted that the chart from Google's developer website only counts devices that access the Google Play Store, not all of Androidlandia.

 

This is Google's only viable attempt at lessening just how bad fragmentation is with Android OS. It's funny how they count all Android-based devices when they tout activations, yet when they try to demonstrate OS version adoption, they limit the scope.

Disclaimer: The things I say are merely my own personal opinion and may or may not be based on facts. At certain points in any discussion, sarcasm may ensue.
Reply
Disclaimer: The things I say are merely my own personal opinion and may or may not be based on facts. At certain points in any discussion, sarcasm may ensue.
Reply
post #27 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

I'm in the 4% Earlier iOS crowd with earlier device, original iPad, no iPhone. I am waiting for that number to reduce to 1%. It will be the only time in my life that I can truthfully say, I was a 1 %'er!

This represent my biggest gripe with Apple, the original iPad should have been upgraded to iOS 6. Leaving it as iOS 5 was really poor.

iPad, Macbook Pro, iPhone, heck I even have iLife! :-)
Reply
iPad, Macbook Pro, iPhone, heck I even have iLife! :-)
Reply
post #28 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknopp View Post
 

I would be avoiding it also if there was a good chance that it would break my phone and Apple's response was too bad, buy a new phone.

And I assume you have written proof that Apple's response was indeed "Buy a new phone".

As for good chance that it would break your phone, which iPhone are we talking about? 3GS, 4, 4S, 5?

I gave my old 4S to my GF and she upgraded to iOS7 and WiFi is still working. What exact problems have your or your family experienced?

post #29 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by PScooter63 View Post
 

 

Well, not mine.  All bunnies and sunshine over here, and I connect to at least six networks regularly.

 

Having said that, I'm not doing anything to upset the applecart on my iPad 3... it's a critical tool for my work, and it will stay iOS6 for the forseeable future.


I know of several, five that I can think of, people with iPhone 4S phones that are blissfully running iOS7. I also know of at least one whose phone was broken by iOS7.

 

Those are the same odds as playing Russian Roulette.

 

Now, to be absolutely clear, I am not saying that 1 out of 6 people are having problems. I don't know what the real percentages are. But that doesn't really matter. In fact, the smaller the percentage the less reason that Apple has for not simply replacing the iPhones that iOS7 broke.

post #30 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I suppose it's like Safari on the iPad. Crashes for me like crazy (especially on this site) but others don't seem to have any issues.

I use AI's app on my iPhone.
post #31 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknopp View Post
 

 

My cousin was one of those whose iPhone 4S was broken. He talked to Apple support several times and was basically told the same thing every time, "Sorry, but we can't help you. We suggest you buy a new phone." And he did. He bought an Android phone on Black Friday and has stated that he is done with Apple.

 

Did he take it to an Apple Store and have someone look at it? Usually, if a "genius" sees there's an actual problem that could not possibly be user-related, they will try to fix it whether it's still under warranty or not. You can't just call the support line, because there's no way for them to verify the problem and they are told not to open support on devices that are no longer under warranty - it takes time away from people whose devices are under warranty or AppleCare. This is not just an Apple "thing" all companies are run this way. Does he really think that any other OEM is going to give him support after the warranty has run out? Especially from Android OEMs that make very little profit from their devices? Hell trying to get software updates out of them is like getting water from a rock.

 

Your cousin sounds like he reacted out of spite and he's going to be sorry when he finds out just how bad customer support is from any other company other than Apple - a company that constantly gets the highest customer support rankings.

Disclaimer: The things I say are merely my own personal opinion and may or may not be based on facts. At certain points in any discussion, sarcasm may ensue.
Reply
Disclaimer: The things I say are merely my own personal opinion and may or may not be based on facts. At certain points in any discussion, sarcasm may ensue.
Reply
post #32 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDBA View Post
 

And I assume you have written proof that Apple's response was indeed "Buy a new phone".

As for good chance that it would break your phone, which iPhone are we talking about? 3GS, 4, 4S, 5?

I gave my old 4S to my GF and she upgraded to iOS7 and WiFi is still working. What exact problems have your or your family experienced?


No, I don't have any written proof of this. You only have my word for this, which I only have my cousin's word for.

 

Although, I will say that I didn't really believe him that it was a problem. I hadn't heard anything about it until I talked to him at Thanksgiving. Afterwords, I did some research and ran across several places on the web that were saying the same things. Interestingly, every once in a while you would see a person who would say that Apple did replace their phone. It seemed to be a crap shoot as to who you got for support. Which in and of itself is a bit troubling.

 

So, you can either believe that we are all liars about this or it is an actual response that Apple has given.

 

My cousin's phone, and the only phones that this has appeared to be a problem with, is the iPhone 4S. And even within the iPhone 4S it appears to only be certain ones. I have seen it theorized based on some actions taken to "fix" the problem temporarily that it is likely either a bad batch of wifi chips or a bad solder joint. I cannot speak to these, although I will have to ask my cousin if he still has his old phone if the Bluetooth still works. Since it is controlled by the same chip. If it does then it is likely a bad solder connection for just wifi if it doesn't then it is likely the chip.

 

My cousin lost the ability to use wifi.

 

Again, I realize that this isn't a problem with the majority. And to be honest I am not even upset or suprised that there was a problem. These things happen. What shocked and disappointed me was Apple's incredibly poor response to this. Apple's QA/QC department might have caused this issue, but their service/support department's response made it into a problem.

 

Instead of having another feather in their cap and a group of customers who would go out into the world talking about how Apple quickly and courteously responded to their issues by giving them a new phone Apple's response has created a group of disgruntled customers. You can't please everyone all of the time, but when Apple made the problem they should have corrected it. Instead, the exacerbated it.

post #33 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by saarek View Post
 

This represent my biggest gripe with Apple, the original iPad should have been upgraded to iOS 6. Leaving it as iOS 5 was really poor.

 

The original iPad simply couldn't support iOS 6, so it was left out. I have an original iPad and it still works fine, in fact I still use it everyday. 1st generation devices always get dropped the quickest - you don't want to put too much into it until you know it's going to succeed. Anyone who considers themselves an "early-adopter" knows this.

 

Instead of whining about not getting iOS 6, maybe you should just be happy that it got iOS 5 and it was a free upgrade? Apple is not obligated to provide software updates, they do so to keep the platform moving forward.

Disclaimer: The things I say are merely my own personal opinion and may or may not be based on facts. At certain points in any discussion, sarcasm may ensue.
Reply
Disclaimer: The things I say are merely my own personal opinion and may or may not be based on facts. At certain points in any discussion, sarcasm may ensue.
Reply
post #34 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by saarek View Post
 

This represent my biggest gripe with Apple, the original iPad should have been upgraded to iOS 6. Leaving it as iOS 5 was really poor.


Just don't forget one thing. The original iPad was a gen 1 device and nobody at Apple knew, at the time if it was going to take off.

Many decisions had to be made about screen, cameras or lack thereof, memory etc.

Just compare the original iPhone to the 2nd Gen. 3G. Similar situation there too. 

post #35 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknopp View Post
 

It would be higher if they had an appropriate response to the fact that iOS7 has broken wifi on so many iPhone 4S phones. The fact that their much lauded customer support hasn't been at all supportive means that several acquaintances that I know are avoiding iOS7 like the plague and I cannot blame them. I would be avoiding it also if there was a good chance that it would break my phone and Apple's response was too bad, buy a new phone.

 

Number of actual iPhone 4S devices affected with WiFi issues by iOS 7? Miniscule.

 

Number of iPhones 4S owners aware of this, still running iOS 6, and specifically avoiding iOS 7 because of this potential non-problem? 0.

post #36 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by saarek View Post
 

This represent my biggest gripe with Apple, the original iPad should have been upgraded to iOS 6. Leaving it as iOS 5 was really poor.

You're the same kind of person that would piss and moan after updating your iPad 1 to iOS 6 and have it run poorly.

 

How do people like you get through the day? Is your entire life a vast cycle of having cake and eating it too? 

 

How is that you imagine in that brain of yours that one is supposed to write new, powerful, cutting edge software that is optimized for the latest and greatest devices, achieving the best possible experience...and at the same time making it work just as well on every device that came before it....devices that were built several years before they even started work on the latest software?

post #37 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtomlin View Post
 

 

Did he take it to an Apple Store and have someone look at it? Usually, if a "genius" sees there's an actual problem that could not possibly be user-related, they will try to fix it whether it's still under warranty or not. You can't just call the support line, because there's no way for them to verify the problem and they are told not to open support on devices that are no longer under warranty - it takes time away from people whose devices are under warranty or AppleCare. This is not just an Apple "thing" all companies are run this way. Does he really think that any other OEM is going to give him support after the warranty has run out? Especially from Android OEMs that make very little profit from their devices? Hell trying to get software updates out of them is like getting water from a rock.

 

Your cousin sounds like he reacted out of spite and he's going to be sorry when he finds out just how bad customer support is from any other company other than Apple - a company that constantly gets the highest customer support rankings.

 

I don't know if he took it to a genius or not. I will have to ask him.

 

Regarding updates. That was the first thing that I said when he said he was buying and Android phone. Know what his response was? "An update broke my iPhone. I am glad that they don't update. At least I will know that my phone will continue to work." Heck, he would have even been happy if they had allowed for him to downgrade back to iOS6, although I am not convinced that a downgrade would have solved anything.

 

Did he act out of anger? Yeah, I think so. I also cannot say that is an unusual reaction nor that I can blame him. After all, Apple did cause this. Will he regret it? Maybe, maybe not. I guess time will tell. But by forcing him to find out Apple is gambling.

post #38 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post
 

 

Number of actual iPhone 4S devices affected with WiFi issues by iOS 7? Miniscule.

 

Number of iPhones 4S owners aware of this, still running iOS 6, and specifically avoiding iOS 7 because of this potential non-problem? 0.

 

Do you have any proof that this is in fact miniscule? What is miniscule? Does it even matter if it is miniscule? Do you believe that it is okay for a company to break something and do nothing as long as it is only a small percentage of people that are screwed over?

 

I can assure you that your last statement is incorrect. I can guarantee you that the number is at least 1.

 

And do you really believe that iPhone owners are all so stupid that none of them have done any research at all before upgrading? A simple search for "iphone 4s iOS7 issues" returns close to 18 million results. But your assertion is that not a single iPhone 4S user did a quick search before upgrading nor that a single person asked the "tech guru" about it before upgrading?

 

When I was in college I took a class that had a section on taking tests. When given a true/false question that involves an absolute the answer is almost always false. The same holds here. You are making a statement about an absolute, and it is wrong.

 

If your first response is indeed correct and this is a miniscule problem then it would cost Apple very little to remedy it.

post #39 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtomlin View Post
 

 

Did he take it to an Apple Store and have someone look at it? Usually, if a "genius" sees there's an actual problem that could not possibly be user-related, they will try to fix it whether it's still under warranty or not. You can't just call the support line, because there's no way for them to verify the problem and they are told not to open support on devices that are no longer under warranty - it takes time away from people whose devices are under warranty or AppleCare. This is not just an Apple "thing" all companies are run this way. Does he really think that any other OEM is going to give him support after the warranty has run out? Especially from Android OEMs that make very little profit from their devices? Hell trying to get software updates out of them is like getting water from a rock.

 

Your cousin sounds like he reacted out of spite and he's going to be sorry when he finds out just how bad customer support is from any other company other than Apple - a company that constantly gets the highest customer support rankings.

 

Just got a reply back from him. He did not take it to a genius bar. I suggested that he look into it.

post #40 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknopp View Post
 

It would be higher if they had an appropriate response to the fact that iOS7 has broken wifi on so many iPhone 4S phones. The fact that their much lauded customer support hasn't been at all supportive means that several acquaintances that I know are avoiding iOS7 like the plague and I cannot blame them. I would be avoiding it also if there was a good chance that it would break my phone and Apple's response was too bad, buy a new phone.

 

I had no issues running 7 on the iPhone 4S, so "many" is anecdotal. Everyone I know with an iPhone is on iOS 7. In fact, at 78%, you and your acquaintances are distinctively in the minority on  this.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iOS 7 now installed on 78% of active Apple handheld devices