or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Labels vs Tabs

Labels vs Tabs

post #1 of 3

Anyone else find the conversion of clear colorful shadings on items in lists and folders better than the new "Tabs" with the little colored blotch on the Right (????) side of the name-- is this Japan?   My entire visual file structure blew up when I went to Mavericks. Is there any way back or a fix to bring back the way things have been since Apple introduced color….?

"Run faster. History is a constant race between invention and catastrophe. Education helps but it is never enough. You must also run." Leto Atreides II
"Run faster. History is a constant race between invention and catastrophe. Education helps but it is never enough. You must also run." Leto Atreides II
post #2 of 3

I guess I am totally alone here?  Why did the AppleCare tech I asked online say that this is one of the most common complaints?

post #3 of 3

I prefer the old way too. The small indicator is too far over and you have to look right first and then follow it left to see what it links to. They should have at least put it to the left of the name, either as a border round the icon or a vertical bar between the icon and text or even a border round the whole item. I guess they did it to keep the text clarity consistent as black text isn't as clear on darker colors but I've never found the colors they used to be problematic. It does allow them to use more colors like black but the dots are definitely not an improvement IMO.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Labels vs Tabs