or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Retailers discount iPhone 5s down to $120, AT&T offers customers $450 to leave T-Mobile [u]

Retailers discount iPhone 5s down to $120, AT&T offers customers $450 to leave T-Mobile [u] - Page 2

post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporland View Post

Bash AT&T all you want. I have a $90/month plan w5gb data, 450 anytime minutes and no texting. Tethering is included.

I use google voice and talkatone VoIP so that I never use all 450 minutes. talkatone also allows for free SMS.

Google voicemail is far superior to visual voicemail. I never give out my real number - only GV. call blocking works great. Voicemail doesn't use my minutes up.

Twice I went overseas and incurred a ginormous bill. Both times I called AT&T before and after, and they cheerfully refunded my money.

Any issues I've ever had were always resolved quickly and nicely.

Want to read monkeys using typewriters? Check the AT&T customer forums. Most cellular complaints are idiotic.

I had a major fight years ago with Verizon when I returned a phone and they said they never got it. I gave them the fedex tracking number that showed they did.

30 days later they reported me to the credit bureaus as delinquent. I disputed it and they did too, I lost and it stayed on my report for 7 years.

My wife has the grandfathered unlimited data and they never throttle her. A friend of mine has the same, and an iPhone 3GS.

She's going tomorrow to get a free iPhone 5c from BBY.

I'm happy with AT&T service. Could be cheaper, but it just works and I can be 25 days late paying and they don't shut me off.

That's reality. YMMV. Sucks to be you?

So you have 2 iPhones with unlimited data and tethering with ATT and you are paying 90? Are you some kind of ATT manager or something, because that plan is not available for public (and it never was)...

ATT sucks hard, if they decide that 39 dollar upgrade fee is worth losing a customer, then they are dumb.

Marquiz d' Gabber von Gabberaarde

... and Windows Vista...
... fails on the Moon...
... 6x slower!

... and Windows Vista...
... fails on the Moon...
... 6x slower!
post #42 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabberattack 
So you have 2 iPhones with unlimited data and tethering with ATT and you are paying 90? Are you some kind of ATT manager or something, because that plan is not available for public (and it never was)...
ATT sucks hard, if they decide that 39 dollar upgrade fee is worth losing a customer, then they are dumb.

I have 5gb tethering plan for $90. No texting and 450 minutes / month. Was paying $69 for 2gb, for about $25 more got the 5gb plan.

My wife has old-school unlimited data for $75.

It's amazing how much better service you get from the reps when you don't scream and rant at them.

There's a weird new sport in America called "denigrate the service employee". It involves yelling at and berating people you're trying to get stuff from.

Wells Fargo, AT&T, Best Buy, Domino's Pizza. Home Depot, you think anyone but the CEO likes working in these 2nd-world hellholes?

The rep doesn't make the rules but if you're nice they will ask the person who does. That's how I got $900 of overseas calls taken off my phone bill.

I'm guessing the person who got stuck with the $39 upgrade fee was nasty about it. What do you expect?
Ask me about.... The 80's!
Ask me about.... The 80's!
post #43 of 45
So you are paying $165 for 2 iPhones for 450 minutes & 8 GB data. I pay with T-mobile $100 for 3 iPhones, unlimited calling, texting, data (4GB high speed, then 2G), tethering is included, free messaging & internet abroad. Tell me more about how good is your ATT plan. 1biggrin.gif

Tbh, I met a nice representative from ATT only the day I bought the iPhones. She said it's fine to refund the upgrade fee but I have to call at least 1 business day after the purchase to let the system "update the changes". Then I met only the representatives (3 different ones) who said he/she can't help me, because there's no option in the computer to waive the upgrade fee and he/she won't connect me to anyone else because they have an order of no waiving from the supervisors. If you check online, ATT had a policy of no waive for quite a while, I was not the only one with this experience. I am usually very nice person to deal with but if you have an ass company, they give an ass experience. Your overpriced plan just confirms my opinion.

... and Windows Vista...
... fails on the Moon...
... 6x slower!

... and Windows Vista...
... fails on the Moon...
... 6x slower!
post #44 of 45
Can I get AT&T to give me $450 per line to leave Verizon? Switching from AT&T to Verizon was a terrible move on my part. I did check out T-Mobile, but their coverage is nonexistent in my area, unless I go to NYC. I do have their SIM for my iPad though. Works great when I travel.
post #45 of 45
That's a joke. I would never leave t-mobile to go back to AT&T. They are never to be trusted.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Retailers discount iPhone 5s down to $120, AT&T offers customers $450 to leave T-Mobile [u]
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Retailers discount iPhone 5s down to $120, AT&T offers customers $450 to leave T-Mobile [u]