or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple concludes '12 Days of Gifts' with Rolling Stones mini album

Apple concludes '12 Days of Gifts' with Rolling Stones mini album - Page 2

post #41 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregInPrague View Post

Why have we become such a society of entitlement??

Because of feminists, PC thugs, and unions.

That being said I didn't find a lot I was after but I did get what seems to be a great scanning app, better than ones I've tried in the past, I also found out what everyone was going on about with Lorde which was quite a nice surprise actually, and I kind of like Mr Crab because it reminds me of Toppler that I used to play on the Amiga back in the day.

Edited by Darryn Lowe - 1/6/14 at 10:55am
post #42 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

I was holding out for a Partridge in a pear tree. So disappointed.

Yes Laurie Partridge. Actually Susan Dey back in the day. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Dey

post #43 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporland View Post

Realistically, every single "gift" Apple gave away will be written off on taxes as a marketing expense.

Therefore we (the taxpayers & Apple's customers) are the ones (technically) paying for Apple's largesse.

I was hoping for some good TV episodes. A couple of the games were ok. I already had Hugo.

They should have given "Steve Jobs" by Walter Issacson, or a coupon for the premiere episode of "Better Call Saul".

Oh well. Nobody gets what they want for Xmas anyway...

Right now there's 20+ HD TV pilot episodes that have been on iTunes for the last 2 weeks!! Arrow, The Tomorrow People and The Blacklist are just a few I've downloaded to checkout. Every week Apple has two free songs to download. Plus there's always free games, apps, etc. on iTunes. Depending on your country YMMV.

post #44 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtacee1990 View Post

Well I didn't give Samsung money for 1 macbook pro, 1 ipad mini 1st gen, 1 iphone 5, 1 macbook air and 2 ipad mini retina.

So, did Gap, Walmart, Amazon, ford, nike and whoever makes your TV, washing machine, fridge, HiFi, sofas and the like all send you a nice big gift this year? Surely they owe you something for the money you spent with them too?

1oyvey.gif
post #45 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryn Lowe View Post

Because of feminists, PC thugs, and unions.

1eek.gif1eek.gif

My mind has just been boggled.
post #46 of 51
Big bad Apple didn't get me the presents I wanted! Boo hoo! And after all the stuff I gave them! Boo hoo!

censored

censored

post #47 of 51

Not complaining and not ungrateful.  But nothing worth even the time to download.  Finally hit the button for the three live Stones tracks, since I had passed on everything else.   Already deleted them.

Seemed like a cool thing when it started, but now that it's over it really wasn't.  Good for Apple to get the "rub" from Justin Timberlake, Jagger, et al, but unmemorable is the nicest adjective I can think of.

Felt like one of those great software bundle deals.  $30 for $500 worth of programs you really don't want at all.

post #48 of 51

All I got was the movie Hugo which was a really great film. Didn't really follow or care for the other free gifts.

I might check out the Rolling Stones mini album though.

post #49 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualZone View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporland View Post

Right now there's 20+ HD TV pilot episodes that have been on iTunes for the last 2 weeks!! Arrow, The Tomorrow People and The Blacklist are just a few I've downloaded to checkout. Every week Apple has two free songs to download. Plus there's always free games, apps, etc. on iTunes. Depending on your country YMMV.

Is there an app for that? Which is to say, how do you find out about these? Can you sign up to be notified about the free stuff, without having to paw through the paid stuff?

I know it's "on iTunes" but I have the stores turned off and only browse my music library (on my Mac). The ads/marketing are so annoying I disabled the store.
Ask me about.... The 80's!
post #50 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Quote:
Coming from the most frequent poster of whiny comments on this site, that quote is a "gift" of true irony...

MacRumors is taking new troll applicants. They banned their last batch a few days ago.

No wonder you have so much time on your hands...
post #51 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiltedGreen View Post

So, did Gap, Walmart, Amazon, ford, nike and whoever makes your TV, washing machine, fridge, HiFi, sofas and the like all send you a nice big gift this year? Surely they owe you something for the money you spent with them too?

1oyvey.gif

FYI I've never bought anything from GAP, Walmart, Amazon, Ford etc. All my entertainment devices are from Apple. And as for clothes I bought them from Asos and they do give me discounts and lots of perks. 

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple concludes '12 Days of Gifts' with Rolling Stones mini album