or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Critics take issue with lack of diversity on Apple Board of Directors
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Critics take issue with lack of diversity on Apple Board of Directors - Page 5

post #161 of 175
Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post
Of the 25 million black women in America, surely *one* is capable.


Then she should apply to Apple! Heck, Apple’s probably headhunting her themselves.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #162 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

No “studies” can possibly prove that point.

 

And yet many academic studies have shown it to be the case. You've offered absolutely no evidence to the contrary.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

Now shut up.

 

Your style of 'debate' is very juvenile.

post #163 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


Then she should apply to Apple! Heck, Apple’s probably headhunting her themselves.
If you prove that then you have something to add to the conversation.

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
post #164 of 175
Originally Posted by RichL View Post

And yet many academic studies have shown it to be the case.

 

Sure they have¡

 
You've offered absolutely no evidence to the contrary.

 

Burden of proof is on you, after all. Your statement (which was horrifically sexist and racist, by the standards to which you hold everyone else) disproves itself.

 

Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
If you prove that then you have something to add to the conversation.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #165 of 175
Never live up to your own demands do you? Prove it! Your requirements are stupid! My requirements are paramount! You don't understand Apple! Apple will never do that! Shut up! Don't reply to me! Straw man!

So repetitive, so dull, so often wrong.

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
post #166 of 175
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
Prove it!

 

You created the scenario, after all.

 
Your requirements are stupid!

 

“Hire more people of color and women even if they’re not the best for the job.” Yeah, that’s pretty stupid.

 
So repetitive, so dull, so often wrong. 

 

‘Kay. Prove your point once, then, and start actually replying to what I’m saying instead of making things up.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #167 of 175
Prove my point? Which point? The requirement you "quoted" wasn't something written by me, despite the misleading punctuation.

And what did I make up?

Throwing around accusations and demands just makes you seem even more childish.
Edited by Crowley - 1/7/14 at 11:23am

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
post #168 of 175
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
The requirement you quoted wasnt something written by me...

 

Were it a quote, I would have quoted it. As above. Since that’s what quotes are. The comment in quotation marks was a representation of the opposing position.

 
And what did I make up?

 

Let’s see… “Apple is racist and sexist because they have, thus far, predominantly hired white men for the board and executive directors.”

 

That’s probably the big one right now.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #169 of 175
Again, I never said that. Stop using quotation marks for things that aren't quotes.

You asked me to prove something. Which of my assertations (not strawman positions that you've made up) do you want me to prove?

You accused me of making things up. Show me, with an actual quote (it's not a long thread, shouldn't be hard to find something if it's so obvious) where I've made something up.

Unlike you, I'm big enough to admit when I've said something wrong or unfounded. Also unlike you, I tend to avoid saying wrong or unfounded things.

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
post #170 of 175
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
Again, I never said that.

 

I don’t have any operational memory, but what I do have are buttons that let me go back and see what you posted earlier.

 

Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
The board and exec team are almost exclusively white men. If Apple is evidently non-sexist and non-racist then they will have policies in place to address diversity. A lack of policy indicates a passive attitude, which is conducive to a closed-off workplace, and systemic racism/sexism.
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
No history? The make up of the board and the exec team suggests that they might. No, I don't have a position, except that the makeup of the board and exec team is troubling and worth criticising.

 

You’re 0 for 2 now. Any more things you want to claim you didn’t say?

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #171 of 175
What? I'm not claiming I didn't say those things. What's your problem with them?

Note the critical application of "if" and "might", and the lack of any proof of policy put forward this far. Calling something troubling is an opinion, not an assertion of fact.

Again, what do you want me to prove, and what have I made up?

This is getting really pathetic. I genuinely would respect you a lot more if you would just admit that posted hastily and apologised. But you seem to view this as a game of one upmanship, which is really rather sad.

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
post #172 of 175
I also love your first paragraph where you seem to be suggesting that your ability to quote things will come as a surprise to me. I asked you to do that.

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
post #173 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

Burden of proof is on you, after all. Your statement (which was horrifically sexist and racist, by the standards to which you hold everyone else) disproves itself.

 

If you think what I've said is sexist or racist then you've missed the point. I've provided proof but you have chosen to ignore it. If you have a problem with the evidence that I've provided, could you explain why it isn't valid?

 

Your behaviour in this thread and many others lately has been incredibly childish. I don't know what's going on in your life but I'd suggest that posting on AI isn't helping you with your issues right now.

post #174 of 175
Who cares. These so called monitoring groups are a bloody pain. Is the board doing their job. Gimme a break.
post #175 of 175
Originally Posted by RichL View Post

If you think what I've said is sexist or racist then you've missed the point.

 

What was the point, then? Because it was both sexist and racist. Such comments can have a point, but other than being sexist and racist, it seems to have escaped me.

 
I've provided proof but you have chosen to ignore it.

 

Yes, because it isn’t.

 

Your behaviour in this thread and many others lately has been incredibly childish. I don't know what's going on in your life but I'd suggest that posting on AI isn't helping you with your issues right now.

 

Hey, thanks for the ad homs. If you decide you want to post something other than “we’re psychologically racist”, feel free.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Critics take issue with lack of diversity on Apple Board of Directors