or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › GM, Audi, Hyundai, Honda, nVidia officially join Google's Android automotive push

GM, Audi, Hyundai, Honda, nVidia officially join Google's Android automotive push - Page 4

post #121 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Thanks for confirming that you have no evidence whatsoever.

Tell me, how many people develop for Windows Mobile? BlackBerry? Tizen? How many users? How about platform satisfaction reports? Third party revenue stats? Now what on Earth makes you think that anyone’s going to waste their time building for them?

Come off it.

I don't know how many developers develop for WP, but back in August MS announced 170,000 apps available in Windows Store. Relative to the age of platform and market saturation, it is not too bad.

I'm not sure what you mean with "platform satisfaction". If you are talking about user satisfaction, it is pretty high for WP - according to some sites, even higher than iOS.

Last quarter, Nokia sold 8.8 million phones. iPhone reached that number in late 2010... so again, relative to platform's age, WP seems to be doing fine.

But I do agree that Tizen and BB seem to be out of picture, as they are right now.

Back to original topic. I believe whole point of this OAA (or whatever their name is) initiative is to standardise in-car IT tech. If they standardise that, they can also standardise interfacing with all available platforms - or clearly set rules that will allow each platform developer to create required drivers/services to be able to interface with in-car tech. I'm personally not an Android lover (nor hater, mind you) but I do think Android is probably the best starting point, as OAA can get vanilla flavour of Android and customize it to their needs - deeper than Apple or Microsoft would allow with their platforms.

Makes sense to me, really.
post #122 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstein2010 View Post

I think Apple will buy a car company or just build its own cars.
Please be Tesla, and please take it international!

It's ridiculously overvalued, and moreover, based on a version of Android.

post #123 of 128
Value is a subjective thing, Tesla right now is being valued as much on vision as on the actuals. And Android can be removed if required; if Apple are limited to only buying a car manufacturer that embeds iOS then... well they won't, will they. Important thing is that the framework and infrastructure for making the iCar is laid out.

censored

censored

post #124 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Value is a subjective thing, Tesla right now is being valued as much on vision as on the actuals. And Android can be removed if required; if Apple are limited to only buying a car manufacturer that embeds iOS then... well they won't, will they. Important thing is that the framework and infrastructure for making the iCar is laid out.

Yes, but Apple will have to pay a premium on top of the current inflated price to buy Tesla. Apple shouldn't do that (and won't).
post #125 of 128
Probably correct, but I was expressing a hope, not an expectation.

censored

censored

post #126 of 128
For F Sake... Guys, Android ? - Nothing will get updated and there will be 100 different versions... No better than what they have now. 1frown.gif No Honda for me !!!
post #127 of 128

You enter your car and it says to you:

"Will you allow Google to track your location?"

"Hell no!"

"Then you aren't going anywhere. Thank you and have a nice day."

Hmmmmmm...
Hmmmmmm...
post #128 of 128
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post
I'm saying that you'd never ever admit that any platform would be worth developing for whether it's a existing one or one yet to be made.

‘Kay. Again, when you have any evidence of this whatsoever, feel free to post it.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › GM, Audi, Hyundai, Honda, nVidia officially join Google's Android automotive push