or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple announces one-day 'Red Friday' sale for select Asian markets
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple announces one-day 'Red Friday' sale for select Asian markets

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Apple on Monday announced an Asia-only one-day sales event scheduled to take place on Jan. 10 in China, Hong Kong, Korea and other major markets in the region, celebrating the upcoming Lunar New Year.

Red Friday


As with 2013's "Red Friday" sale, Apple's one-day shopping event will bring discounts to brick-and-mortar Apple Stores, as well as the Online Apple Store and App Store iOS app.

Apple's "Red Friday" is similar to the Black Friday shopping extravaganza in the U.S. and comes two weeks before this year's Lunar New Year, which falls on Jan. 31.

This year, countries eligible for the one-day sale include China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and Thailand. The event will take place on Jan. 10, though exact discounts to be offered are unknown at this time. Previous years have seen modest price cuts on select Macs, iPads, iPods and various Apple-made accessories.

For Black Friday, Apple handed out gift cards in the U.S., while some European markets saw direct discounts on iOS and Mac gear.
post #2 of 9

In line with the complaints about diversity, expect Apple to be called racist for the name of the sale.

 

And because people will refuse to actually read this comment, yes, I know that Apple isn’t the one naming it.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
post #3 of 9
Crap! there going to sale lots of stuff... stock down 10% just because...
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

In line with the complaints about diversity, expect Apple to be called racist for the name of the sale.

And because people will refuse to actually read this comment, yes, I know that Apple isn’t the one naming it.

Notice that Apple does not call it by the name, they refer to it as a "special one-day shopping event" the same as they do for the Friday after Thanksgiving in the US.
post #5 of 9
I'm living in Malaysia and yup I got the notification email from Apple. Indeed they didn't specifically state it as Red Friday; they just mention that it is a One Day Shopping Event. But the images attached with it do indicate that it is held in conjunction with the upcoming Lunar New Year.

Past sales have shown that the discounts aren't deep. Just modest discounts are given.
post #6 of 9

How come in the Philippines never a notice at all?

post #7 of 9

Argh!

 

I just ordered a Mac Pro/6Core/64GB/512/D700 + Peagsus2 R6 in Thailand yesterday! And there will be even more discount on friday, grr..

 

Quick tip to all my fellow europeans who want to order the MacPro from the US. It´s actually cheaper in Thailand than in the US. As far as I know, it´s the cheapest place in the world to buy Apple right now. I get a 7% Tax Refund at the airport on the store.apple.com/th prices. That is well below US Apple Store prices.

post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

In line with the complaints about diversity, expect Apple to be called racist for the name of the sale.

And because people will refuse to actually read this comment, yes, I know that Apple isn’t the one naming it.
What's racist about "special one-day shopping event" or the colour red?

Or is this just another strawman argument you've set up with no reason or provocation.

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

In line with the complaints about diversity, expect Apple to be called racist for the name of the sale.

And because people will refuse to actually read this comment, yes, I know that Apple isn’t the one naming it.

It could only be called racist if it were called Yellow Friday,
Mustn't incite something that doesn't exist. Red is the main color of the Chinese flag- nothing more, nothing less.
Racist? Phew.
 
Where's the new Apple TV?
Reply
 
Where's the new Apple TV?
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple announces one-day 'Red Friday' sale for select Asian markets