or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Audi shows off 'Smart Display' Android-powered in-car tablet
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audi shows off 'Smart Display' Android-powered in-car tablet

post #1 of 144
Thread Starter 
German automaker Audi on Tuesday unveiled the Mobile Audi Smart Display, a bespoke Android-powered tablet that marks the next stage of the company's plan to integrate Google's mobile operating system more deeply into its future vehicles.

Mobile Audi Smart Display
The Mobile Audi Smart Display | Source: Reviewed.com


In what is perhaps an early glimpse of Audi's goal as a member of the new Open Automotive Alliance, the marque touts the Smart Display as a step toward a new, modularized infotainment architecture. Such a strategy would allow for periodic hardware and software updates even years after the car leaves the dealer's lot, according to a report from USA Today.

Audi's tablet communicates with the vehicle via in-car Wi-Fi and is designed as a way for passengers to interact with and control the car's infotainment system. The Smart Display is said to have been designed to survive collisions and to withstand the wild temperature swings vehicular electronics must cope with.

"It has been developed specifically for in-car use," Audi development executive Ricky Hudi told the paper.

Mobile Audi Smart Display
The Mobile Audi Smart Display | Source: Reviewed.com


Vital vehicle information could also be relayed by the tablet. One hands-on snap shows a display featuring a tachometer, speedometer, and fuel range calculations as well as oil level and tire pressure alerts.

The automaker's alignment with Mountain View, Calif.-based Google was first reported late last month when word broke that the two companies would team up to counter Apple's iOS in the Car initiative. The union became official on Monday with the announcement of the Open Automotive Alliance, a Google-led consortium that also boasts General Motors, Honda, Hyundai, and nVidia as members.
post #2 of 144
Hate to say I told you so, but...........
post #3 of 144
Goodbye Audi, Hello BMW.
Eph nMP, rMBP13&15, MBA, Minis, iPhone 3GS,4,4S,5,5S,6
Reply
Eph nMP, rMBP13&15, MBA, Minis, iPhone 3GS,4,4S,5,5S,6
Reply
post #4 of 144
Siri says.....bad move Audi.

One thought he was invincible... the other thought he could fly.

They were both wrong.

Reply

One thought he was invincible... the other thought he could fly.

They were both wrong.

Reply
post #5 of 144
That's what happens when you drag your feet, Apple.

Audi is massively important, they're owned by VW who own 12 car brands, and VW tends to use the same technology across most of their brands.

Here's a video of Lamborghini's infotainment system using Google's tech:
http://vimeo.com/62321352

As you'll hear in the video @3:00, he says that the UI will be different in Audi, VW, and Lamborghini "... the underlying horsepower and software will be the same"
bb
Reply
bb
Reply
post #6 of 144
"MyDesk" - exhibit A
post #7 of 144

Audi servicing costs were already too high. Now you'll have to take your car in to get malware uninstalled, if you don't crash your car because of the laggy interface.

post #8 of 144
LOL… this looks like crap. No wonder all the premium manufacturers went with Apple.
post #9 of 144
Worst than ......(please help me to find a word)
post #10 of 144
Goodbye Audi - it's been swell, but I don't want a Droid in my car. Too bad as I wanted to buy a 2014 A4. Hello BMW - it'll be good to get back to you. My iPhone and I will see you soon.
Photoshop User 2
Reply
Photoshop User 2
Reply
post #11 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighype View Post

LOL… this looks like crap. No wonder all the premium manufacturers went with Apple.

Um, Audi was one of the "premium manufacturers," so were Honda and General Motors who also seem to have joined the Android alliance.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/06/google-open-automotive-alliance-android-cars/

bb
Reply
bb
Reply
post #12 of 144

My 3-year old son was sick yesterday and crapped in the bathtub. That's about how bad this is. What a hot, steamy mess.

post #13 of 144

Anyone that says they will not buy an Audi now is being ridiculous.  And I wouldn't be surprised to see many more companies join the OAA in the near future.  There is basically nothing for them to lose by joining and gaining additional functionality for their products.  I understand that a super small number of very passionate apple fans will not buy their cars now but I think it's fair to assume that this is a tiny sliver of their entire customer base.     

 

Also While some will make ridiculous comments about malware and updates let me precede them.  Firstly, updates on this device/system will almost certainly come directly from the manufacture once the initial software is provided.  As with Amazon and the Kindle Fire, this will be a forked version that wont require updates from google to function.  Additionally as all the cars will be manufactured by the same company in this case Audi they would obviously roll out updates to every car at once eliminating the idea of fragmentation.

 

And while many people here discuss android malware as if its a huge problem, I have yet to see any major issues with this at all.  In the wild I have yet to see any, and I have yet to see large cases.  Its most likely being extremely overestimated by people who want android to fail (it isn't).

Android is by far the largest OS in terms of world market share, it isn't going away.  Companies would be stupid to ignore it.  When your product has world market well above 75% anyone ignoring this is being dumb.  Many more people have android phones and companies like GM, Honda, Audi, Etc know this.  Working with a company that has 10-20% market share world wide and ignore the company with 75% market share would be counterproductive to the extreme.

 

Get over yourself, this isn't a phone its basically your cars radio and a tablet.  Everything doesn't need to be a crazy flame war.

 

Android is moving into many new things (TVs,Appliances,Cars, ETC) it has little to do with which phone you like.  Buy all the apple phones/tablets you can afford, but at the end of the day not buying a fridge or car because it uses android is absurd.  This will not impact the drive, gas mileage, looks, or basically anything else out side adding a tablet to the car.  This has a minor impact in real world experience and I would guess that most car shoppers would find it interesting to get a free in car tablet.  They probably have no idea or interest in what OS it runs on.

 

And as stated above, Audi is owned by VW so with this OAA announcement its a fair guess that the 12 brands VW owns and the 4 brands GM own plus the others will all run android.  Soon almost every new car will probably come with this type of system.


Edited by 2385amh - 1/7/14 at 2:19pm
post #14 of 144
this does seem pointless, but it's a first step. will be interesting to see where it goes from here. but why dev their own tablet. stupid.
post #15 of 144

No, I hate Android. It's a fragmented mess to develop for and they ripped off Apple and Oracle. I'm not buying these products because I believe that people and companies should be rewarded for their handwork in creating something new and not have their work ripped off by a bunch of lazy hackers who couldn't design their way out of a hole in the ground. I'm not buying Samsung products for the same reason. Take a look at the Android SDK sometime. Then look at the iOS SDK. Ask yourself why they couldn't stick with a proper concept of UI design for more than a year. You'll quickly realize that they are iterating so they'll find something that works.

 

Additional, I think the notion of putting Android inside of everything is dumb. Just because you have an operating system doesn't make the device any more "smart". I have a VW GTI. It doesn't have a flashy OS, but it just plain works. Sometimes what you need are some freaking buttons and not a touchscreen.

 

What really irritates me though about these touch screens in cars... you can't functionally use them while driving! Half the features are disabled while the car is moving in an attempt to keep you "safe". Instead, it makes things useless and more dangerous as I try to do things to get around the limitations of the system. GPS... can't even use it in my SUV while driving. So guess what? Our comes my phone to lead the way.  Everytime I plug in my iPhone, the dumb radio switches to that input even though I just wanted to charge. This means I need to take my hand off the wheel to switch the audio input back. Of course this doesn't work when you plug in the 1/8" audio cable.  The system locks up from time to time, doesn't keep accurate time, etc.

post #16 of 144
post #17 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2385amh View Post

Anyone that says they will not buy an Audi now is being ridiculous.  And I wouldn't be surprised to see many more companies join the OAA in the near future.  There is basically nothing for them to lose by joining and gaining additional functionality for their products.  I understand that a super small number of very passionate apple fans will not buy their cars now but I think it's fair to assume that this is a tiny sliver of their entire customer base.     

Also While some will make ridiculous comments about malware and updates let me precede them.  Firstly, updates on this device/system will almost certainly come directly from the manufacture once the initial software is provided.  As with Amazon and the Kindle Fire, this will be a forked version that wont require updates from google to function.  Additionally as all the cars will be manufactured by the same company in this case Audi they would obviously roll out updates to every car at once eliminating the idea of fragmentation.

And while many people here discuss android malware as if its a huge problem, I have yet to see any major issues with this at all.  In the wild I have yet to see any, and I have yet to see large cases.  Its most likely being extremely overestimated by people who want android to fail (it isn't).
Android is by far the largest OS in terms of world market share, it isn't going away.  Companies would be stupid to ignore it.  When your product has world market well above 75% anyone ignoring this is being dumb.  Many more people have android phones and companies like GM, Honda, Audi, Etc know this.  Working with a company that has 10-20% market share world wide and ignore the company with 75% market share would be counterproductive to the extreme.

Get over yourself, this isn't a phone its basically your cars radio and a tablet.  Everything doesn't need to be a crazy flame war.

Android is moving into many new things (TVs,Appliances,Cars, ETC) it has little to do with which phone you like.  Buy all the apple phones/tablets you can afford, but at the end of the day not buying a fridge or car because it uses android is absurd.

I think your point regarding flame war is valid and we each have our preferences.

I only have one question, how much of the 75% android market share can afford an Audi? This past holiday season, the average iOS user spent $94 purchasing products from their device while the average Android user only spent $43.

Also, regarding Malware, whether you agree or not, there are a huge number of malware present in the android platform. Here is the current list of Android malware http://forensics.spreitzenbarth.de/android-malware/. This will give you an idea of the huge problem Android is facing with regards to malware. And just remember just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean you don't have it.

Google play signture system was bypassed and a lot of applications (like Angry Birds for example) were hijacked because of this issue. So when you're downloading and App you think is good, keep in mind that there could be a Trojan inside it and you will not know it.

Peace.
post #18 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkichline View Post
 

No, I hate Android. It's a fragmented mess to develop for and they ripped off Apple and Oracle. I'm not buying these products because I believe that people and companies should be rewarded for their handwork in creating something new and not have their work ripped off by a bunch of lazy hackers who couldn't design their way out of a hole in the ground. I'm not buying Samsung products for the same reason. 

 

 

quote-we-have-always-been-shameless-about-stealing-great-ideas-steve-jobs-240896.jpg

post #19 of 144
This is the logical consequence of Apple being too closed.
Does anyone think the car companies want to be owned by Apple like the mobile carriers or the record labels are?
Does anyone wonder why the rumored AppleTV still isn't a real product?
It's all the same: just like Microsoft in the past, Apple doesn't enter into real partnerships, but aims to make any partner the underdog and dictate to them the terms.
When you start your Audi, Audi wants you to see an Audi logo, not an Apple logo; they want Apple to show up somewhere in the Settings>About>Copyright section; Apple wants the user to think of the car as a four wheeled iPhone peripheral.
Needless to say these two points of view are not compatible.
A lesser car company than VW, say BMW who had declining Quality and has a sinking brand image (within it's market segment) may try to ride Apple's coat tail back to being hip again, but that may work as well for them as it does for AT&T.
The way this needs to be solved is like ODB-II: an open industry spec protocol and a VESA-mount like standard for the in vehicle mount, and then the consumer has a choice of hardware and software; Apple's devices and apps being one of them, Apple's devices and third party apps being another; Android, Win8, Ubuntu, etc. being yet other choices of operating system with various software.
Consumers have to stand up again for open standards; it's the only thing that provides choice and competition.
I'd surely prefer an iOS device over some droid thing; but I don't want my car being married to any platform, I want value and features driven by competition, not high prices and complacency fueled by strategic alliances and lack of choice.
Just compare old typewriter cloth ink ribbons (universal) to ink jet printer cartridges (designed for lock in and high-price policies), or standard razor blades vs. New-style multi-blade cartridges, etc.
It's a massive trend to create non-standard products to castrate free market forces by decommoditzing commodities such as to be able to take away control from consumers.
post #20 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkichline View Post
 

What really irritates me though about these touch screens in cars... you can't functionally use them while driving! Half the features are disabled while the car is moving in an attempt to keep you "safe".

Yes, very dangerous while driving.

But this is now Google spying on where you are driving.  No way for me.

I'm not interested in the Audi, but the VW has been my short list.

No way I'd pay for this Google Auto spyware I'd never use.

post #21 of 144


I only have one question, how much of the 75% android market share can afford an Audi? This past holiday season, the average iOS user spent $94 purchasing products from their device while the average Android user only spent $43.

 

Fair point, but the idea that android uses are are poor is also incorrect.  With any large group their is a spectrum, apple users may tend to have more money on average but they are still a much smaller group.  Android definitely does sell a lot of BOGO garbage, but its best sellers as of late are phones like the S4, Note3, HTC one ect.  These phone are the same price or more expensive then the iphone 5S.  I would be willing to be that at least 5% of android uses could afford an Audi (this is being very conservative) and by some estimates android is going to sell a billion devices this year world wide.  That still leaves 50 million people even by this conservative estimate.

post #22 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMacMan View Post


I think your point regarding flame war is valid and we each have our preferences.

I only have one question, how much of the 75% android market share can afford an Audi? This past holiday season, the average iOS user spent $94 purchasing products from their device while the average Android user only spent $43.

Also, regarding Malware, whether you agree or not, there are a huge number of malware present in the android platform. Here is the current list of Android malware http://forensics.spreitzenbarth.de/android-malware/. This will give you an idea of the huge problem Android is facing with regards to malware. And just remember just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean you don't have it.

Google play signture system was bypassed and a lot of applications (like Angry Birds for example) were hijacked because of this issue. So when you're downloading and App you think is good, keep in mind that there could be a Trojan inside it and you will not know it.

Peace.

 

Keep spreading the lies! The compromised Angry birds was in an unofficial app store and was a pirated illegal copy. This exact same thing can and does happen with unofficial iOS app stores on jailbroken devices. Additionally, Google's app scanner caught it. In order to install this app you would have had to disable multiple layers of security features and ignored no less than 3 warning screens. Including one that said this app is compromised. Get your facts straight.

 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/android-virus-pretends-to-be-angry-birds-space/2012/04/12/gIQAp6LHDT_story.html

 

I can almost 100% guarantee that these security features will be locked on for automotive use.

 

Also: http://qz.com/131436/contrary-to-what-youve-heard-android-is-almost-impenetrable-to-malware/


Edited by NexusPhan - 1/7/14 at 2:42pm
post #23 of 144

I'm just telling you why I don't buy Samsung or Android. Steve was not a saint and, unless something miraculous has happened, doesn't run Apple any more. Even still, the quote is misleading as being attached to a picture of Steve towards the end of his career instead of Steve in the beginning.  People change and learn things along the way. A lot was changed after the initial interview where this quote originates.  He was kicked out of Apple, started Next and was unsuccessful and was brought back to Apple.  In a way this was his "wilderness period" and Steve changed a lot.  When he first came on stage after his return, he even made amends with Microsoft!  The Steve who discovered he had cancer was an even different person, striving to leave a legacy before his time ran out.

 

I think it's unkind to his legacy to pigeon whole a man based on one quote in his cocky youth. Steve was a Buddhist and there's a saying... "You never step in the same river twice" meaning we are dynamic creatures. Successful people move on from their mistakes.

post #24 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2385amh View Post
 

...   Also While some will make ridiculous comments about malware and updates let me precede them.  Firstly, updates on this device/system will almost certainly come directly from the manufacture once the initial software is provided.  As with Amazon and the Kindle Fire, this will be a forked version that wont require updates from google to function.  Additionally as all the cars will be manufactured by the same company in this case Audi they would obviously roll out updates to every car at once eliminating the idea of fragmentation.

Android devices can be infected by malware without the user knowing it. Unlike PC malware, mobile malware does not try to wipe your drive clean or take over your screen until you buy the antidote, instead they download your contacts and track your calls, text, gps etc. Therefore, many Android devices could be infected and show no signs of infection. For similar malware to infect your car, download your contacts, find out what stations you listen to, what texts you've sent, who you spoke to, snoop into your GPS data, know where you are, know where you're going and where you've been, can be quite concerning wouldn't you agree?
bb
Reply
bb
Reply
post #25 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkichline View Post
 

I'm just telling you why I don't buy Samsung or Android. Steve was not a saint and, unless something miraculous has happened, doesn't run Apple any more. Even still, the quote is misleading as being attached to a picture of Steve towards the end of his career instead of Steve in the beginning.  People change and learn things along the way. A lot was changed after the initial interview where this quote originates.  He was kicked out of Apple, started Next and was unsuccessful and was brought back to Apple.  In a way this was his "wilderness period" and Steve changed a lot.  When he first came on stage after his return, he even made amends with Microsoft!  The Steve who discovered he had cancer was an even different person, striving to leave a legacy before his time ran out.

 

I think it's unkind to his legacy to pigeon whole a man based on one quote in his cocky youth. Steve was a Buddhist and there's a saying... "You never step in the same river twice" meaning we are dynamic creatures. Successful people move on from their mistakes.

Unless you knew him personally, please avoid making random guesses about his opinions and how much he changed.  Especially this wilderness period that you mention.

post #26 of 144

So do you buy a car to drive or entertain yourself. This is why i hate driving anymore too many people driving distracted and causing accidents. There is no place for these products in a car, you do not need to be entertained while you drive, pay attention to the road and the the other drivers around you and stop fiddling with your technologies. You think it is bad when you see people reading news papers and shaving or putting on make-up. These kinds of systems will only make things worse.

post #27 of 144

Seems we just went through this the other day and people are still back to the same arguments (which are factually incorrect).

 

Audi is NOT running Android in their vehicle. They have made it possible to connect an Android device to the vehicle. There's a big difference.

 

GM is part of iOS In The Car. They are also part of the OAA. And they have their own App Store coming out with OnStar. There's no reason a manufacturer can't make a car that works with iOS and Android devices. Audi just chose to showcase their Android tablet (likely with some incentives) at CES. Audi isn't locking themselves into Android only, nor are they running Android in the actual vehicle systems.

post #28 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post
 

 

In theory I would agree that such a case would be troubling.  But I have seen no evidence that would suggest this is even a possibility.  And if your phone is compromised all the data that your car has would be basically the same information twice.  But as stated by someone above, stock android does not get infected easily at all.  Only if users disable multiple security features can side loading of apps be done.  I just think the entire thing is blown way out of proportions.  While technically possible, I think almost no one is getting infected with these malicious programs in the real world.  
post #29 of 144

Read the book. You posted a picture of the cover, I assume you read it.

post #30 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2385amh View Post

Fair point, but the idea that android uses are are poor is also incorrect.  With any large group their is a spectrum, apple users may tend to have more money on average but they are still a much smaller group.  Android definitely does sell a lot of BOGO garbage, but its best sellers as of late are phones like the S4, Note3, HTC one ect.  These phone are the same price or more expensive then the iphone 5S.  I would be willing to be that at least 5% of android uses could afford an Audi (this is being very conservative) and by some estimates android is going to sell a billion devices this year world wide.  That still leaves 50 million people even by this conservative estimate.

Didn't mean to imply that Android users are poor. The 75% market share is worldwide, and include "developing" countries - India, China, and others who buy the cheapest Android handsets. When you compare iPhones to high end Androids, that's where the scale begins to balance and thus, the average $ spent is calculated based on market share. So, if you just compare high end Android to iPhones, the avg $ begins to even out. That's all I am saying. You know, Wall Street and financial analysts talk a lot about market share, but I gotta tell you, I would rather make huge profits than have market share. Market share becomes valid when all things being equal.

One thing I learned in collage is, you can make statistics look anyway you want. For example, there are literally hundreds of phone makers running android, there is one company that makes iPhones. What if, statistically we compare market share by manufacturer? How would the numbers come out? You see, analysts can make their own rules as to how to calculate market share. So, if you're Audi, it would be unwise to say, because Android has majority of the Market, that's where I should advertise.

It's just a game of numbers.

Peace.
post #31 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkichline View Post
 

Read the book. You posted a picture of the cover, I assume you read it.

Again, unless you knew him let's move on.  I could care less what someone publicly says while simultaneously using the same argument against it's biggest rival.  I doubt he would say something that would undercut his entire argument against Android.

post #32 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfa View Post

A lesser car company than VW, say BMW who had declining Quality and has a sinking brand image (within it's market segment) ...

 

Mind you, I have no idea about how this is perceived in the US. However, calling BMW a lesser car company than VW, is quite interesting, unless of course you're referring to plain size and amount of brands owned.

 

However, in their home country, those two brands do not even play in the same class. One might even start arguing whether Audi actually plays in the same class as BMW and Mercedes.

post #33 of 144

The point was not whether he changed or not (which is pretty well addressed in his biography which was written from private discussions, not public statements), but that you cannot pin an entire company's mantra on one man's quote said in his 20's. People change, bud.  The Apple of today is different and has a whole lot more integrity than most of it's peers. So why don't you move on?

post #34 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fithian View Post

Goodbye Audi, Hello BMW.

 

You really want to buy a BMW, the car company that just announced their partnership with Samsung?

You do know that BMW is bringing the (horrible) Samsung S-Voice to their cars this year?

 

You'd better get used to the idea that Google software is going to be powering everything in the near future. Google is much more nimble, flexible and open minded than Apple.

post #35 of 144

I just can't believe this. Audi, what are they thinking?

post #36 of 144

 

 

“I don’t have a clue what I’m taking about.”

 

–2385amh

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
post #37 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2385amh View Post
 

In theory I would agree that such a case would be troubling.  But I have seen no evidence that would suggest this is even a possibility.  And if your phone is compromised all the data that your car has would be basically the same information twice.  But as stated by someone above, stock android does not get infected easily at all.  Only if users disable multiple security features can side loading of apps be done.  I just think the entire thing is blown way out of proportions.  While technically possible, I think almost no one is getting infected with these malicious programs in the real world.

Reality says otherwise, Android has plenty of antivirus apps and they are popular. Here's one of them, AVG, a popular Android antivirus app that claims to have an installed user-base of over 100,000,000.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.antivirus

 

Review Snippets:

 
"This app is awesome it found bad setting and malware on my phone and all it took to remove it was a simple press of a button thanks AVG and keep it free cos that really helped me"
 

"Once I got this app, upon detecting 3 threats in three different apps, it made the process rate go much higher than usual."

 

"I found two threats immediately! On my android and follow directions easily to address the issue, this is by far the best ant-virus detector app out there!"

 

"Thanks to avg due to this my cel got protected from all types of viruses which would distroy all the savings done in my cel thanks a lot This is very nice to protect our cel from viruses."

bb
Reply
bb
Reply
post #38 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkichline View Post
 

The point was not whether he changed or not (which is pretty well addressed in his biography which was written from private discussions, not public statements), but that you cannot pin an entire company's mantra on one man's quote said in his 20's. People change, bud.  The Apple of today is different and has a whole lot more integrity than most of it's peers. So why don't you move on?

I think it's safe to assume that discussions with a biographer are not considered private.  (That's the whole reason his is interviewing you).  But I really don't care either way.  You may be right, I just don't see any compelling reason to believe he changed, or any real evidence.

 

In modern technology everyone is always stealing from everyone.  If you don't think that many of IOS7 features were heavily inspired by android and WebOS you are mistaken.     

post #39 of 144

@2385amh I just wanted to say that I am in the market for an A1 or A3 - still have not decided. I am sure that this tech won't reach these cars for a year or more. It won't change my mind in my decision one bit. It however saddens me that I could not get the implementation that Apple created... I do like a lot of what they have designed. Now... if a BMW or MB came along.. and had a good car (which they both have a few of)... and its inside tech was exactly what I wanted... I would consider most definitely. 

post #40 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by NexusPhan View Post

Keep spreading the lies! The compromised Angry birds was in an unofficial app store and was a pirated illegal copy. This exact same thing can and does happen with unofficial iOS app stores on jailbroken devices. Additionally, Google's app scanner caught it. In order to install this app you would have had to disable multiple layers of security features and ignored no less than 3 warning screens. Including one that said this app is compromised. Get your facts straight.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/android-virus-pretends-to-be-angry-birds-space/2012/04/12/gIQAp6LHDT_story.html

I can almost 100% guarantee that these security features will be locked on for automotive use.

Also: http://qz.com/131436/contrary-to-what-youve-heard-android-is-almost-impenetrable-to-malware/

I did Check my facts, no lies. First your article doesn't exist (tried the link) second here is the real story "facts" http://m.slashdot.org/story/188347

And by the way, I was at Blackhat because I am in the security business. No need for animosity, we're just having a discussion. Read the article. Withe regards to jail broken iPhones, I don't doubt the same problem exist because it becomes open source just like Android.

Peace.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Audi shows off 'Smart Display' Android-powered in-car tablet