or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple, Samsung CEOs to attend mediation ahead of upcoming patent case
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple, Samsung CEOs to attend mediation ahead of upcoming patent case - Page 2

post #41 of 46

Fortunately, neither of us are in a position to read the mind of Mr Cooke. I think that my broader point concerning manufacturing bases and the economic impact of importing versus local design and manufacture have some merit. In Britain, Dyson keeps his design operations in this country but has moved his manufacture to the Far East. Before that, i was a fan but now i am disinclined to buy his products as intriguing as I find them.

 

In order to buy, one has to earn, both as an individual and as a country, which is why I applaud Apple's latest move in moving manufacture of the  Mac Pro home.

 

I buy Apple products because of their uniqueness, quality, excellent design and relevance to my work. My concern about the broader issues relating to the economics and morality of buying abroad at the expense of  our own economies remains.  

post #42 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danox View Post
 

 

Not wiser but the market will force them in that direction, just like the market forced Apple, to do Apple maps and to develop the A series chips, the me too companies aren't going to stop and Samsung/Google combo are above and beyond corrupt.

If you are suggesting that Apple will build their own foundries to actually manufacture all of their own components, then I think you are wrong.  I think they will continue to invest in other people's foundries in return for guaranteed supply at favorable prices.  They don't have to actually own and maintain the dairy farm to get the milk.  They can provide the bulls to help populate the farm.

post #43 of 46

Very clever, but means nothing.

post #44 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatrix View Post
 

Fortunately, neither of us are in a position to read the mind of Mr Cooke. I think that my broader point concerning manufacturing bases and the economic impact of importing versus local design and manufacture have some merit. In Britain, Dyson keeps his design operations in this country but has moved his manufacture to the Far East. Before that, i was a fan but now i am disinclined to buy his products as intriguing as I find them.

 

In order to buy, one has to earn, both as an individual and as a country, which is why I applaud Apple's latest move in moving manufacture of the  Mac Pro home.

 

I buy Apple products because of their uniqueness, quality, excellent design and relevance to my work. My concern about the broader issues relating to the economics and morality of buying abroad at the expense of  our own economies remains.  

 

But now Dyson is paying for that mistake of manufacturing in the far fast, Samsung has copied their product catalog (probably got the cad/3d drawings directly from the company Dyson subcontracted the work to) and now Dyson is in court with Samsung.

post #45 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by thompr View Post
 

If you are suggesting that Apple will build their own foundries to actually manufacture all of their own components, then I think you are wrong.  I think they will continue to invest in other people's foundries in return for guaranteed supply at favorable prices.  They don't have to actually own and maintain the dairy farm to get the milk.  They can provide the bulls to help populate the farm.

 

The market will force them to, I'm sure Apple doesn't want to do search but will.

post #46 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danox View Post
 

 

The market will force them to, I'm sure Apple doesn't want to do search but will.

The market won't force Apple to manufacture all of their own components.  Perhaps some, but not most. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.  We shall see in 5 - 10 years.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple, Samsung CEOs to attend mediation ahead of upcoming patent case