or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Teo Bluetooth padlock lets you secure school lockers, chains & gates with Apple's iPhone

Teo Bluetooth padlock lets you secure school lockers, chains & gates with Apple's iPhone - Page 2

post #41 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetCanadaV2 View Post

I'm assuming with a good crowbar, you could probably bust this lock open but that's probably true for many locks out there today.

I would expect that a US$15 masterlock would withstand a crowbar fairly well.

We are talking about a lock that costs more than $70.
post #42 of 48

BIG PROBLEM, what is to stop someone removing he battery and more importantly the screw top? The only way I see this working is if I remove the battery and screw top myself each time I lock something. That is a real pain in the ass! At schools every one will get vandalized guaranteed, So clever these designers they miss the obvious!

Originally Posted by Rickers - 2014

Cook & Co will bury Apple.  They can only ride Steve's ghost for so long.  Steve == Apple and Apple == Steve.  

Originally Posted by Rickers - 2014

Cook & Co will bury Apple.  They can only ride Steve's ghost for so long.  Steve == Apple and Apple == Steve.  

post #43 of 48
Hackers queue up. Great idea. For me personally, wouldn't buy it, nor would I buy a home control system via your phone (iOS or android) or a car I can unlock as my plane touched down. Not a nay sayer, it's my personal opinion. Some things need to stay analog, at least whoever tries to break in, they have to have physical access. Nothing is full proof but we can make it harder to steal. Technology is easy.
post #44 of 48

In this day and age you do not seen too many ideas which really improve upon an ideal that has been around long time. A lock just works, yes they are not perfect and a determine thief can easily get through a lock. If you realize a lock is just a deterrent to the normal honest person then this ideal is a great one. It is one of those obvious idea and surprise it was not thought of sooner when the blue tooth house lock was introduced.

Back to my point about it being a deterrent to the honest person, my only question is how rugged is the design, is it as tough as a good old master lock. That is the standard they must meet along with the new technologies they added. You should not have to give up one thing to get the other.

For those who talked about cell being banned at school, obviously your schools have not figured it out. Luckily the school around me did and allow the kids to have them, they just can not use them in class, it is left to the teach how they want to handle if the kid is caught using it during class. When the school change the rules, they stopped having problem which they claimed banning the phones would stop. 

Edited by Maestro64 - 1/13/14 at 10:29am
post #45 of 48
I like the idea of a smartphone controlled padlock. However, their redesign of the mechanical components of the lock seems more based on aesthetics rather than function. It looks like you could pry it open with a couple of metal bars. Why not take a tried and true lock design and add the electronic key components?

Also, it worries me when the CEO (in the video) says he cannot remember how many doors he's had to take off the hinges because he has lost the keys.
post #46 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by cm477 View Post

I like the idea of a smartphone controlled padlock. However, their redesign of the mechanical components of the lock seems more based on aesthetics rather than function. It looks like you could pry it open with a couple of metal bars. Why not take a tried and true lock design and add the electronic key components?

Also, it worries me when the CEO (in the video) says he cannot remember how many doors he's had to take off the hinges because he has lost the keys.

Yep, exactly my point, they he let a design studio come up with the design it may look nice, but can it take a bullet like a Master Lock

But I will tell you there is a way to shot a master lock and make it open you just need to know exactly where to shot it.

post #47 of 48

Thanks for your coverage on the #TEOpadlock We're 48% funded and 25 days to go to reach our goal. Please visit #kickstarter today and make a pledge. Pass it on!!

post #48 of 48

Please pledge on Kickstarter today https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/804149834/teo-the-future-of-the-padlock-is-here

We need your support to reach our funding goal. Payment is only taken if we reach it. Pass it on.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Teo Bluetooth padlock lets you secure school lockers, chains & gates with Apple's iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Teo Bluetooth padlock lets you secure school lockers, chains & gates with Apple's iPhone