or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Google buys Nest Labs, maker of smart thermostat, for $3.2 billion [u]

Google buys Nest Labs, maker of smart thermostat, for $3.2 billion [u] - Page 6

post #201 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Oak View Post

Now I have to take out and replace my two Nest units. What a waste of my time, energy, and hope

No way I would EVER allow Google to monitor my home activities

And yet, you allowed a small, relatively untested (privacy-wise) company that was primed for purchase, monitor your home activities?

Not to pick on you in particular, but ALL of this stuff, everything from where you live, when you're home, what you buy to who your friends are and what you do with them is NOT something to be shared with for-profit companies, period. No matter who they are - EVER.

Data will always flow to its highest-value use, and these days that's Google or the other data mining companies.
Edited by Blah64 - 1/13/14 at 7:26pm
No Matte == No Sale :-(
post #202 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

-snip-

An interesting thought occurs... The $99 AppleTV has an A5 APU, RAM, WiFi, USB, Ethernet, Bluetooth 4.0...

You could sprinkle $25 beacons (with thermometers/sensors) throughout your home (and one as the thermostat) -- the AppleTV would contain the intelligence -- then you could monitor the temperature/smoke/radon/security in multiple rooms and take appropriate action as necessary. All this could be easily setup through iTunes/AppleTV/iPhone Remote -- and securely controlled/monitored with any iDevice

Ah, but this could be different.

IF (and only if) this kind of system could be built where all the data stays on site, controlled with a smart device under your full control, like an Apple TV (or new Apple Home), then we'd be talking about a fantastic solution.
post #203 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by macarena View Post

Talking of companies Apple can buy, I don't think many people consider EchoStar as part of that list. This is a massive advantage to Apple from some perspectives.

- allows Apple to break last mile delivery of content for Apple TV. They can use EchoStar's targeted satellite feed, so customers can get anything they want to watch on iTunes "streamed" directly from the sky.

- EchoStar owns the patents and technology of SlingBox. This could be crucial in some years, as place and time shifting become bigger solutions in the market.

- it probably is the best way to get Apple a foothold in living room. Existing Apple TV box is not even close to cutting it!

- Most importantly, EchoStar already has content agreements and distribution agreements with every that matters! Apple need not waste time on this, and can probably piggy back on top of EchoStar.

Most importantly, EchoStar is a Satellite Point of presence corporation for decades.

post #204 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah64 View Post

Quote:

-snip-

An interesting thought occurs... The $99 AppleTV has an A5 APU, RAM, WiFi, USB, Ethernet, Bluetooth 4.0...

You could sprinkle $25 beacons (with thermometers/sensors) throughout your home (and one as the thermostat) -- the AppleTV would contain the intelligence -- then you could monitor the temperature/smoke/radon/security in multiple rooms and take appropriate action as necessary. All this could be easily setup through iTunes/AppleTV/iPhone Remote -- and securely controlled/monitored with any iDevice

Ah, but this could be different.

IF (and only if) this kind of system could be built where all the data stays on site, controlled with a smart device under your full control, like an Apple TV (or new Apple Home), then we'd be talking about a fantastic solution.

I believe that all the data can be kept on site (locally) and that you can receive push notifications from the web, iOS geofencing, etc.
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
post #205 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Eleven View Post

Soon there will be no where to hide from our Google overlords.

"Soon"?

post #206 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2385amh View Post

GOOG up 2 Billion + in after hours trading.  This sale is looking less overpriced and more like a free pick up at this point.
because a Google stock is up 0.62% in after hours trading? 1confused.gif
post #207 of 339
Quote:

That' scary!

Time for Google to be regulated? The sooner the better!

You mean, just like there was "the phone company", there should now be "the big brother company"?

post #208 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

http://9to5google.com/2014/01/13/following-nest-acquisition-google-gains-2-3b-in-after-hours-trading/

post #209 of 339
Quote:

If the point is that $2Bn is not much compared to the google market cap, that's true, but it's like saying that it is wise for me to light Colorado cigars with $10 bills because I can afford it.

post #210 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherGeoff View Post

late in the game (working in a classified network during the day), but this.

Once you register your 'nest' with Nest using a google account, and look at the sort of data Nest will be playing with

- utilities

- environmentals (is it cold where you live?  hot?)

- safety/security

- activity patterns

- home automation

This sort of information is gold for google to link to you (and your children's) profile, and crowdsourcing as well (the geo data... you're looking at a nielsen's level sampling).   

All the work I've been doing in trying to protect the electrical smart data grid can potentially be inferred by Google/Nest...  I know when a zip code temp is going up... I know when power outages are in play, the average occupancy of a home, security alarm data for a neighborhood, traffic patterns (given the home usage patterns of zip 12345-33xx to 38xx, we are seeing information that indicates everyone is caught in traffic/at the HS football game/stayed home to watch the royal wedding)

passive crowdsourcing without 'giving up' your private information (until you correlate it with other information, such as your Android phone, your GoogleTV, YouTube use, Google Fiber)

Not that Apple couldn't do the same thing... but it's analytics is less likely to be used as a 'product' sold outside of Apple.

Your "working in a classified network" brings up a thought: until recently, spooks had to go out of their way to bug people's houses. Now, people actually pay money to install bugs. Oy.

post #211 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

What's a bit odd is Nest gear is high end. Everything Google and Android is about cheap low end.

That's actually false. HTC One, Sony Experia Z, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (I could go on) are pretty high end devices (you don't have to like them to admit it).

post #212 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2kW View Post

If Jobs was still there in Apple, the NEST would already be pulled from Apple retail stores and the Apple website.

Doubt it. Jobs was apoplectic about Android, supposedly, but that did not stop him from running Google search and Google maps on the iPhone.

post #213 of 339
Where are they getting that figure from and what's meaningful about after hours trading. Tomorrow Google could be way up, flat or down. After hours trading isn't always inductive of where a stock will close the next day.
post #214 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by marubeni View Post

If the point is that $2Bn is not much compared to the google market cap, that's true, but it's like saying that it is wise for me to light Colorado cigars with $10 bills because I can afford it.
Google stock being up less than 1% in after-hours trading is meaningless.
post #215 of 339
Quote:

Where are they getting that figure from and what's meaningful about after hours trading. Tomorrow Google could be way up, flat or down. After hours trading isn't always inductive of where a stock will close the next day.

I'm not saying that this is a meaningful data point for certain however, Nest is a profitable company that makes visually pleasing products which is something Google needs help doing.  It doesnt take a genius to see that Nest has a lot of value to google in terms of inheriting a staff of great designers.  If google stock does stay up 2 billion or goes up even more this deal pays for it self in less then 1 day.

Edited by 2385amh - 1/13/14 at 7:55pm
post #216 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

And now I’ll never buy one (much less the three I’d planned). Ever.

Because morals can’t be bought.

Do you use that immoral search engine? Every company including Google, Apple, Microsoft and on and has done something dirty once or twice. I say well played Mr. Fadell for getting Google to pay you so much.

Help! I'm trapped in a white dungeon of amazing precision and impeccable tolerances!

Help! I'm trapped in a white dungeon of amazing precision and impeccable tolerances!

post #217 of 339

I think Nest was under pressure from Honeywell's lawsuits and needed deep pockets to survive.  Google may fade the thermostat and smoke detector in favor of other devices like Google Glass.

The entire Nest Team probably sold their souls to Google for the 3.2 Billon because it was either that or get crushed by Honeywell.

Time will tell.

post #218 of 339

I think it's adorable that people think avoiding Google products will make their lives better because their data are somehow safe from collection.

I agree Nest has a nice interface now, and hope Google doesn't mess it up though.

post #219 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalpernt View Post

Google having granular insight into what the market wants via search queries is going to eventually give them an advantage that Apple should definitely be worried about. In fact, I would be willing to bet that Google has been using search data in all of their strategic decisions and this has helped them make the gains they have with Android as well as other initiatives.

That's a very interesting observation.  I would have thought that Google Trends being publicly available would eliminate such an advantage.  Can you expand on exactly what your thoughts were?   I've seen some very clever people using Google Trends to make some accurate projections, but it never dawned on me that Google themselves could be gaining competitive advantage.

post #220 of 339
Quote:

I'm not saying that this is a meaningful data point for certain however, Nest is a profitable company that makes visually pleasing products which is something Google needs help doing.  It doesnt take a genius to see that Nest has a lot of value to google in terms of inheriting a staff of great designers.  If google stock does stay up 2 billion or goes up even more this deal pays for it self in less then 1 day.
So Google paid $3 billion for designers who make products that look like Ive and Co. designed them? No wonder Apple wasn't interested since they have the real thing already.
post #221 of 339
Quote:

So Google paid $3 billion for designers who make products that look like Ive and Co. designed them? No wonder Apple wasn't interested since they have the real thing already.

that's right, what benefits one company doesn't benefit another.  Apple already has great designers google doesn't.  So google bought a profitable company for three billion and gained the potential to make all future hardware much more beautiful.  I fail to see why this was stupid of Google.  Keep in mind that I never said Apple should buy Nest.  Google also is now firmly in the internet of things / smart house game.  They are making a bet that this is the next big thing.  Frankly 3 billion dollars is not even very much to google they make about a billion a month in profit.

Also Nest could have some awesome things in the pipeline that we dont know about yet.  Google has been financing Nest since almost the beginning. They basically just recouped all that money plus bought all future profits nest was going to make and got all the patents and staff too.  For a couple months profits I think its a steal really.

Edited by 2385amh - 1/13/14 at 8:23pm
post #222 of 339
Quote:

Apple features beats headphones all over their stores. Should they buy beats? If Apple wanted nest they would have made a play for them. But they didn't. So either nest doesn't have IP Apple wants or it's like the cnet article said, nest is about design not groundbreaking technology and Apple already owns design.

Your beats analogy is either a bad example, or you missed my point.

Apple could have effortlessly pushed Nest into whatever Apple would have wanted it to be. (Nest has great bones)

I think the real thing is just that Apple doesn't want to buy an actual product that is already on the shelves. They just want to buy technologies. (Fair enough). But Nest is a better than 'decent' product. And Apple DOES like them. And Apple could have integrated it easily into an Apple home automation system. 

But I'm sure Apple had their reasons for not buying them.

(This is me making an obvious assumption that Apple was ever in some sort of position where they did, actually, decline an offer to buy. I haven't heard that yet.)

post #223 of 339
Quote:

that's right, what benefits one company doesn't benefit another.  Apple already has great designers google doesn't.  So google bought a profitable company for three billion and gained the potential to make all future hardware much more beautiful.  I fail to see why this was stupid of Google.  Keep in mind that I never said Apple should buy Nest.  Google also is now firmly in the internet of things / smart house game.  They are making a bet that this is the next big thing.  Frankly 3 billion dollars is not even very much to google they make over a billion a month in profit.

Also Nest could have some awesome things in the pipeline that we dont know about yet.  Google has been financing Nest since almost the beginning. They basically just recouped all that money plus bought all future profits nest was going to make and got all the patents and staff too.  For a couple weeks profits I think its a steal really.
Google's net income in the September 2013 quarter was $2.9B. So they paid more for nest than they make in profit in a quarter.

http://investor.google.com/earnings/2013/Q3_google_earnings.html
post #224 of 339
From Tony Fadell's Nest bio page: "Tony led the team that created the first 18 generations of the iPod and the first three generations of the iPhone. Before Apple, Tony built the Mobile Computing Group at Philips Electronics. Tony has authored more than 300 patents."

He brings a lot more to Google's table than just his current products.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #225 of 339
Quote:

Google's net income in the September 2013 quarter was $2.9B. So they paid more for nest than they make in profit in a quarter.

I still think it was worth it for them.  Google has a very large war chest too and four month profits isn't that bad for what they are getting.   I think this was a great move for them.  Even if a lot of people on here can't admit it.

post #226 of 339
Quote:

Did they have any acquisitions for that quarter that were taken out of their quarterly net profits? They seem to like to acquire companies at inflated prices.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #227 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSchlob View Post

Your beats analogy is either a bad example, or you missed my point.

Apple could have effortlessly pushed Nest into whatever Apple would have wanted it to be. (Nest has great bones)
I think the real thing is just that Apple doesn't want to buy an actual product that is already on the shelves. They just want to buy technologies. (Fair enough). But Nest is a better than 'decent' product. And Apple DOES like them. And Apple could have integrated it easily into an Apple home automation system. 
But I'm sure Apple had their reasons for not buying them.

(This is me making an obvious assumption that Apple was ever in some sort of position where they did, actually, decline an offer to buy. I haven't heard that yet.)
From what the media is reporting Apple was not looking at nest. We'll never know why, but my guess is if Apple really was interested and felt nest was a good fit they would have made an offer. I think it could be as simple as you say - Apple wants to buy technologies, not products already on store shelves. Maybe Apple is already working on their own home automation products or maybe they didn't think nest had any IP worth $3B. Or maybe they weren't interested in buying Tony Fadell and didn't know how he would fit into the executive team. As I said before, there's a reason Jobs never offered him the devices engineering position and instead hired Mark Papermaster. So maybe Fadell wouldn't be a good fit culture wise (ala Forstall).
post #228 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Did they have any acquisitions for that quarter that were taken out of their quarterly net profits? They seem to like to acquire companies at inflated prices.
Not sure. Their net income for Q1 2013 was $3.3B and Q2 2013 was $3.2B. Bottom line is Google doesn't make billions in profits each month.

http://investor.google.com/pdf/2013Q2_google_earnings_slides.pdf
post #229 of 339
Quote:

Not sure. Their net income for Q1 2013 was $3.3B and Q2 2013 was $3.2B. Bottom line is Google doesn't make billions in profits each month.

http://investor.google.com/pdf/2013Q2_google_earnings_slides.pdf

I noticed that I had exaggerated prior to your response and had already fixed it.  That said they still make enough to buy a Nest every four months from now until forever and that wouldn't even affect their 10s of billions in their war chest.

post #230 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

From Tony Fadell's Nest bio page: "Tony led the team that created the first 18 generations of the iPod and the first three generations of the iPhone. Before Apple, Tony built the Mobile Computing Group at Philips Electronics. Tony has authored more than 300 patents."

He brings a lot more to Google's table than just his current products.

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2008/11/04papermaster.html
Quote:
Apple today announced that Mark Papermaster is joining the Company as senior vice president of Devices Hardware Engineering, reporting to Apple CEO Steve Jobs. Papermaster, who comes to Apple from IBM, will lead Apple’s iPod and iPhone hardware engineering teams.
note:this press release was from Nov 2008.

http://daringfireball.net/2008/11/executive_scuttlebutt
According to Gruber:
Quote:
Tony Fadell only oversaw the iPod division, and had very little, if anything, to do with the iPhone. And, according to multiple sources familiar with Apple’s engineering management, the iPod Touch has been produced by the iPhone team, not by Fadell’s iPod division. The last new product that Fadell oversaw was the new iPod Nano.

Seems to me Fadell is stretching things a bit saying he led the first 3 generations of the iPhone. Forstall obviously was responsible for iPhone Software, Ive hardware design. And Papermaster was hired in 2008 to run iPhone hardware engineering (to then be replaced by Bob Mansfield. I'm a bit skeptical of Fadell's claim that he was responsible for the first 3 generations of the iPhone.
post #231 of 339
Quote:

I noticed that I had exaggerated prior to your response and had already fixed it.  That said they still make enough to buy a Nest every four months from now until forever and that wouldn't even affect their 10s of billions in their war chest.
Doesn't hurt that Wall Street basically gives them a pass. I mean MM was a $12B acquisition and for what? It's barely profitable (if at all).
post #232 of 339
Quote:

Doesn't hurt that Wall Street basically gives them a pass. I mean MM was a $12B acquisition and for what? It's barely profitable (if at all).

True, But I think they are playing the long game.  I think that Google is in a place right now where they are trying to move into manufacturing.  Motorola provided that and also the IP portfolio.  This post also made me think, I guess they could also hope that the Nest designers could help make some elegant Motorola phones.  This could help them slowly get some of their investment back.

post #233 of 339
Noooooooooo!

So much for buying a Nest smoke detector.
post #234 of 339
Quote:

True, But I think they are playing the long game.  I think that Google is in a place right now where they are trying to move into manufacturing.  Motorola provided that and also the IP portfolio.  This post also made me think, I guess they could also hope that the Nest designers could help make some elegant Motorola phones.  This could help them slowly get some of their investment back.
Not sure what that MM IP portfolio has done for Google. And since Google is basically all about data, I'm not sure what the point of getting into the hardware business is. I know you're just speculating, but $3B seems like a lot to pay for some Nest designers. What has Fadell designed besides the iPod and now a thermostat and smoke detector (that looks kind of like an Apple TV)? And even with the iPods, the aesthetic design probably came from Ive's design team, not Fadell.
post #235 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

Looks to me that you are totally right. Google has been making some great decisions and playing to their strenghts. Larry Page is a fantastic CEO.

Meanwhile Apple has 160 billion staying still. Money like that = 0 if it isn't beeing put to good use. Of course, some members will come here saying that money doesn't make good produtcs, but Waze could've been a great "weapon" for Apple Maps. Sparrowfor Apple mail. etc.

What you and me must keep in mind is that Apple is the most powerful and innovative tech (and non-tech) company around, and they aren't here because of something as trivial as luck. We don't know that their main goal is. At any time, any moment, they can make a 200 billion investment into something and leave everybody else 10 years behind.

heck, something as trivial as buying T-Mobile and a shit load of spectrum and integrate all that on free imessage and facetime calls, icloud mail and sync + 300mb LTE would put the whole industry in flames.

We don't know sh*t, and that's frustrating.

Of all of Google's recent acquisitions, Waze is the only one where I think Apple missed out. Meebo and Sparrow were mostly acquihires and Apple has been doing that constantly. Also, Meebo and Sparrow aren't even on the same scale as Nest. I think Nest is a cool company but isn't worth $3.2b. Maybe their product roadmap and patents are where the action is at. In the end, it's a huge transaction. Apple wasn't even part of the Nest conversation. Google has been involved in two large rounds of funding for Nest (Series B & Series C) and Nest was in talks with them even before they launched.

Apple on the other hand doesn't really need what Nest provides right now. They have a large hardware division and have crazy good hardware engineers. Nest wouldn't bring anything to the hardware table that Apple couldn't do on its own. Tony Fadell hasn't been at Apple for a long time and I think Apple's current hardware is its best, so it's not like they are struggling for hardware folks. Nest's software is a bit different, but not $3.2b different.

Personally, I am eager to see what Apple has been working on. The last couple years have been transitional, whether it was the passing of Steve, Scott Forstall leaving and being without a head of retail for quite a long period of time. Even that knuckle head Carl Icahn was/is a huge distraction. Things are starting to settle in some respects. I think 2014 is going to be a crazy year.

post #236 of 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by marubeni View Post

Doubt it. Jobs was apoplectic about Android, supposedly, but that did not stop him from running Google search and Google maps on the iPhone.

Jobs used Google apps when the iPhone was new.   After Android he said he was going "Thermonuclear" - and thats why Apple switch search to bing as default and Apple developed their own mapping.    

post #237 of 339

Not Junk. Nest is a forward looking quality product. May not be long till they are no longer sold in the Apple stores.

post #238 of 339

post #239 of 339

Nest USPTO Patent Assignee listing:

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=0&f=S&l=50&TERM1=Nest&FIELD1=ASNM&co1=AND&TERM2=&FIELD2=&d=PTXT

Quote:
1 D697,526 Full-Text Display screen or portion thereof with an animated graphical user interface
2 8,630,742 Full-Text Preconditioning controls and methods for an environmental control system
3 8,630,741 Full-Text Automated presence detection and presence-related control within an intelligent controller
4 8,630,740 Full-Text Automated control-schedule acquisition within an intelligent controller
5 8,627,127 Full-Text Power-preserving communications architecture with long-polling persistent cloud channel for wireless network-connected thermostat
6 8,622,314 Full-Text Smart-home device that self-qualifies for away-state functionality
7 D696,677 Full-Text Display screen or portion thereof with a graphical user interface
8 8,620,841 Full-Text Dynamic distributed-sensor thermostat network for forecasting external events
9 8,606,374 Full-Text Thermodynamic modeling for enclosures
10 8,600,561 Full-Text Radiant heating controls and methods for an environmental control system
11 8,594,850 Full-Text Updating control software on a network-connected HVAC controller
12 8,586,847 Full-Text Musical fingerprinting based on onset intervals
13 D691,629 Full-Text Display screen with an animated graphical user interface
14 8,560,128 Full-Text Adjusting proximity thresholds for activating a device user interface
15 8,558,179 Full-Text Integrating sensing systems into thermostat housing in manners facilitating compact and visually pleasing physical characteristics thereof
16 8,554,376 Full-Text Intelligent controller for an environmental control system
17 8,544,285 Full-Text HVAC controller with user-friendly installation features facilitating both do-it-yourself and professional installation scenarios
18 D690,322 Full-Text Display screen with a graphical user interface
19 8,539,567 Full-Text Multi-tiered authentication methods for facilitating communications amongst smart home devices and cloud-based servers
20 8,532,827 Full-Text Prospective determination of processor wake-up conditions in energy buffered HVAC control unit
21 8,523,083 Full-Text Thermostat with self-configuring connections to facilitate do-it-yourself installation
22 8,511,577 Full-Text Thermostat with power stealing delay interval at transitions between power stealing states
23 8,511,576 Full-Text Power management in energy buffered building control unit
24 D687,851 Full-Text Display screen with a graphical user interface
25 8,510,255 Full-Text Occupancy pattern detection, estimation and prediction
26 D687,459 Full-Text Display screen with a graphical user interface
27 D687,059 Full-Text Display screen or portion thereof with an animated graphical user interface
28 D687,058 Full-Text Display screen or portion thereof with an animated graphical user interface
29 D687,057 Full-Text Display screen with an animated graphical user interface
30 D687,056 Full-Text Display screen with an animated graphical user interface
31 D687,050 Full-Text Display screen or portion thereof with a graphical user interface
32 D687,047 Full-Text Display screen with an animated graphical user interface
33 D687,046 Full-Text Display screen with a graphical user interface
34 D687,045 Full-Text Display screen with a graphical user interface
35 D687,044 Full-Text Display screen with a graphical user interface
36 D687,043 Full-Text Display screen with a graphical user interface
37 8,492,633 Full-Text Musical fingerprinting
38 8,489,243 Full-Text Thermostat user interface
39 8,478,447 Full-Text Computational load distribution in a climate control system having plural sensing microsystems
40 8,452,457 Full-Text Intelligent controller providing time to target state
41 D677,180 Full-Text Animated graphical user interface for a display screen or portion thereof for a control unit
42 8,280,889 Full-Text Automatically acquiring acoustic information about music
43 8,280,539 Full-Text Method and apparatus for automatically segueing between audio tracks
44 8,280,536 Full-Text Thermostat user interface
45 D666,896 Full-Text Hammock strap
46 8,195,313 Full-Text Thermostat user interface
47 D660,732 Full-Text HVAC control device
48 8,073,854 Full-Text Determining the similarity of music using cultural and acoustic information
49 7,949,649 Full-Text Automatically acquiring acoustic and cultural information about music
50 7,832,564 Full-Text Cosmetics case having structure of dual seal

Nothing in here that isn't competing with conglomerations having decades of patents already. The design patents nearly number the non-design patents.

post #240 of 339

People speculating about Thermostats and more don't know Honeywell, but I guarantee you I'm not the only Apple/NeXT alum who grew up with them.

http://yourhome.honeywell.com/home/

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Google buys Nest Labs, maker of smart thermostat, for $3.2 billion [u]