or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung rumored to follow Apple's lead, split Galaxy S5 lineup into metal, plastic models
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung rumored to follow Apple's lead, split Galaxy S5 lineup into metal, plastic models - Page 3

post #81 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post
 

 

The ones you mentioned got thinner at the expense of size, they also got larger to the point of becoming unwieldy for one handed use.

 

The ignorant continue to press this as an indispensable innovation.

No they screen size is not directly related to the thinness.  Also last time I looked the iphone 5 is also larger. 

post #82 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2385amh View Post

This is him saying no one will ever buy a phone that's bigger then the 3.5 inch iPhone 4
http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/16/jobs-no-ones-going-to-buy-a-big-phone/

Here he is saying smaller tablet are not a good idea
http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/04/17/ipad-mini/

AGAIN, where did Jobs say they would never do this. He commented on making phones you can't get your hands around them. Can you get your hands around the iPhone 4? Why do you think that is? He comments on the Android tablets using iPhone apps and being DoA. He wasn't wrong.

But even if Jobs directly and specifically stated that Apple will never do more than a 3.5" 3:2 iPhone or make an 8" 4:3 iPad your original point is both foolish and contradictory in that it either shows Apple is clearly innovating past Jobs, but you seem to have this notion that anything that appeared after Jobs death he couldn't have been involved with. Let me let you in a little secret: Jobs died in October 2011. The iPhone 5 with a 4" display on an entirely new HW design and rewritten OS, apps and SDK to support the new resolution and aspect ratio was not all slapped together in under a year. It was all being designed under Jobs.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #83 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2385amh View Post
 

No they screen size is not directly related to the thinness.  Also last time I looked the iphone 5 is also larger. 

 

Yes it is, Android and the beefed up processors and excessive RAM required to make that sluggish OS function with a halfway acceptable level of lag, required larger batteries to get through a day.

 

Apple led the way on thinness, the only way to keep up was to extend the other two dimensions.

 

Increased bezel size was not really an option, ergo larger screens were the incremental result.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #84 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


AGAIN, where did Jobs say they would never do this. He commented on making phones you can't get your hands around them. Can you get your hands around the iPhone 4? Why do you think that is? He comments on the Android tablets using iPhone apps and being DoA. He wasn't wrong.

But even if Jobs directly and specifically stated that Apple will never do more than a 3.5" 3:2 iPhone or make an 8" 4:3 iPad your original point is both foolish and contradictory in that it either shows Apple is clearly innovating past Jobs, but you seem to have this notion that anything that appeared after Jobs death he couldn't have been involved with. Let me let you in a little secret: Jobs died in October 2011. The iPhone 5 with a 4" display on an entirely new HW design and rewritten OS, apps and SDK to support the new resolution and aspect ratio was not all slapped together in under a year. It was all being designed under Jobs.

My post was simply a statement that I feel Jobs was much more important then you obviously do.  Only time will tell who is right.  And making an Ipad smaller is not innovation.  The Ipad Mini did not use any new technologies at all, how is making a screen smaller, but not as small as the phone innovation.  If dell comes out with a 9 inch display then a 8 inch then 7 is that innovation?

 

Apple followed the crowd on the mini and the bigger iphone screen.  Following =/= innovating

post #85 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2385amh View Post

The Ipad Mini did not use any new technologies at all…

1) Yes it did, but like you're inability to comprehend the clear words from Jobs you missed what is right there in front of you.

2) Now it's "new technologies" and not "innovation" within current technologies? Do you know how unreasonable you sound?
Edited by SolipsismX - 1/14/14 at 1:14pm

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #86 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post
 

 

Yes it is, Android and the beefed up processors and excessive RAM required to make that sluggish OS function with a halfway acceptable level of lag, required larger batteries to get through a day.

 

Apple led the way on thinness, the only way to keep up was to extend the other two dimensions.

 

Increased bezel size was not really an option, ergo larger screens were the incremental result.

Customers wanted bigger screens, that why everyone including apple made bigger screens. The 3.5 inch screen in the iphone 4S is to small in most peoples opinion.  Android manufactures got it right and apple got it wrong.  Thus the iphone 5 has a larger display, and rumors of even larger displays being tested get thousands of hits within minutes.

 

Edit and to be honest I think the thinness obsession is a mistake.  I would much rather have a phone as thick as the iphone 4 that gets an extra hour or two of battery life.  making a phone 1mm thinner doesn't do much after a certain point.  Adding 1mm to the overall battery thickness probably would.


Edited by 2385amh - 1/14/14 at 1:23pm
post #87 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


More like shameless. It's mind boggling how this is the only other company that's profitable.

 

Absolutely shameless.  No other company should be able to rip off Apple's innovation in using metals, or plastics, in phones.   Samsung should be able to make phones, as long as they don't use metal or plastic.

post #88 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2385amh View Post

Customers wanted bigger screens, that why everyone including apple made bigger screens. The 3.5 inch screen in the iphone 4S is to small in most peoples opinion.  Android manufactures got it right and apple got it wrong.  Thus the iphone 5 has a larger display, and rumors of even larger displays being tested get thousands of hits within minutes.

The iPhone 5 was smaller and lighter than all previous iPhones before it. The only place it increased in size was on height, but since you wrap your hand the sides it didn't affect the ability to hold the device in your hand, which is what Jobs was referring to in the comment you claim states "Apple will never make an iPhone will a larger display."

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #89 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


The iPhone 5 was smaller and lighter than all previous iPhones before it. The only place it increased in size was on height, but since you wrap your hand the sides it didn't affect the ability to hold the device in your hand, which is what Jobs was referring to in the comment you claim states "Apple will never make an iPhone will a larger display."

My point is that the screen got bigger.  Apple will probably release an even bigger display soon.  By the way every galaxy s is also thinner and lighter as are most follow up phones.  And by the way the galaxy s4 is smaller and lighter then the s3 but guess what, it also got a bigger display.  I guess that contradicts your idea that apple is someone unique in the ability to be thin while not growing else wear. 

 

Samsung fit a bigger screen in a smaller phone and their displays are much higher resolution to boot.

post #90 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2385amh View Post

My point is that the screen got bigger.  Apple will probably release an even bigger display soon.  By the way every galaxy s is also thinner and lighter as are most follow up phones.  And by the way the galaxy s4 is smaller and lighter then the s3 but guess what, it also got a bigger display.  I guess that contradicts your idea that apple is someone unique in the ability to be thin while not growing else wear. 

Samsung fit a bigger screen in a smaller phone.

1) It contradicts nothing I said and contradicts what you said about making a device thinner and smaller requires zero innovation. Thank you for making my own point.

2) Again, the iPhone got smaller despite the display gaining more area and with no impact to a user's ability to hold the iPhone. Actually, I take that back, plenty of people said it was now too thin and therefore slightly harder to hold.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #91 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


1) It contradicts nothing I said and contradicts what you said about making a device thinner and smaller requires zero innovation. Thank you for making my own point.

2) Again, the iPhone got smaller despite the display gaining more area and with no impact to a user's ability to hold the iPhone. Actually, I take that back, plenty of people said it was now too thin and therefore slightly harder to hold.

you said that android manufactures had to make the phones bigger to allow them to make it thinner.  Samsung made it simultaneously thinner and smaller.  While increasing screen size.

 

This does contradict the idea that an android manufacture can't increase thinness with out expanding the device else wear, which is exactly what you claimed.  

 

EDIT

My mistake I thought a post from some one else (hill60) was you.  Disregard what I said.

post #92 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2385amh View Post

you said that android manufactures had to make the phones bigger to allow them to make it thinner.
No I didn't.
Quote:
 Samsung made it simultaneously thinner and smaller.  While increasing screen size. This does contradict the idea that an android manufacture increase thinness with out expanding the device else wear, which is exactly what you claimed.  

What Samsung phone(s) got a larger display over it's predecessor while having less volume? It's certainly possible that Samsung et al. have used innovations in technology to similatously use a larger display whilst making their devices smaller and lighter, but with so many models I know for sure that Apple has done it. Note that smaller is not the same as thinner unless you only a 1D entity (and based on your comments that doesn't seem too far off the mark). But none of that is relevant your original point that so is no way using any innovations in technology, for which only you said wasn't happening which again go back to your inability to comprehend what has been stated.


PS: Are you trolling or are you really that poor at following the words. If English isn't your primary language or if there is another reason you can't seem to comprehend what you read I'll try to use simpler sentences and terminology, but it really just sounds like classic trolling techniques.


PPS: Here's the bottom line (I'l use bullet points to make it easier to digest):

  • Apple hasn't stopped innovating.
  • You not liking what Apple is doing does not equate to a lack of innovation.
  • Apple's innovations are clearly more than you're either willing or capable of seeing, outside of large broad strokes that get their own marketing names or have a new shiny design to accompany them.
  • The iPhone 5 and probably the iPad mini all started whilst Jobs was running Apple.
  • Jobs never contradicted himself about making devices with different sized displays and we know from their trail with Samsung that Apple had many, many prototypes of different sized displays.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #93 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frood View Post

Absolutely shameless.  No other company should be able to rip off Apple's innovation in using metals, or plastics, in phones.   Samsung should be able to make phones, as long as they don't use metal or plastic.

They most certainly can use metal or plastic, but releasing the same phone in a metal and also a plastic version just reeks of 'me too'.

Whenever a competitor comes up with a new idea a company will do one of 2 things, either they'll continue doing things their way or they'll take the lead of the competitor and do something similar but to copy the competitor outright lacks inspiration and not very imaginative.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #94 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


No I didn't.

What Samsung phone(s) got a larger display over it's predecessor while having less volume? It's certainly possible that Samsung et al. have used innovations in technology to similatously use a larger display whilst making their devices smaller and lighter, but with so many models I know for sure that Apple has done it. Note that smaller is not the same as thinner unless you only a 1D entity (and based on your comments that doesn't seem too far off the mark). But none of that is relevant your original point that so is no way using any innovations in technology, for which only you said wasn't happening which again go back to your inability to comprehend what has been stated.


PS: Are you trolling or are you really that poor at following the words. If English isn't your primary language or if there is another reason you can't seem to comprehend what you read I'll try to use simpler sentences and terminology, but it really just sounds like classic trolling techniques.

I thought a post from someone else was you.  And the S4 got a bigger display while also having less volume then the S3

post #95 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2385amh View Post

And the S4 got a bigger display while also having less volume then the S3

And you don't think "making changes in something established, esp. by introducing new methods or ideas" is required for that to occur.. oh, wait, that's only when Apple innovates it means nothing.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #96 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


No I didn't.

What Samsung phone(s) got a larger display over it's predecessor while having less volume? It's certainly possible that Samsung et al. have used innovations in technology to similatously use a larger display whilst making their devices smaller and lighter, but with so many models I know for sure that Apple has done it. Note that smaller is not the same as thinner unless you only a 1D entity (and based on your comments that doesn't seem too far off the mark). But none of that is relevant your original point that so is no way using any innovations in technology, for which only you said wasn't happening which again go back to your inability to comprehend what has been stated.


PS: Are you trolling or are you really that poor at following the words. If English isn't your primary language or if there is another reason you can't seem to comprehend what you read I'll try to use simpler sentences and terminology, but it really just sounds like classic trolling techniques.


PPS: Here's the bottom line (I'l use bullet points to make it easier to digest):
 
  • Apple hasn't stopped innovating.
  • You not liking what Apple is doing does not equate to a lack of innovation.
  • Apple's innovations are clearly more than you're either willing or capable of seeing, outside of large broad strokes that get their own marketing names or have a new shiny design to accompany them.
  • The iPhone 5 and probably the iPad mini all started whilst Jobs was running Apple.
  • Jobs never contradicted himself about making devices with different sized displays and we know from their trail with Samsung that Apple had many, many prototypes of different sized displays.

I'm not a troll nor do I have any issues understanding English.  The main issue was that I am attempting to talk to you while multitasking at work.  The results were a massive fail.  I didn't realize that I was having a conversation with more then one person.  I mistakenly associated several comments that another poster made to you.  This was the reason that from your point of view I was not following your argument/discussion.

post #97 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

S5W - wood

 

Is that Samesung's version of a "burner phone"?

-- Mike Eggleston
-- Mac Fanatic since 1984.
-- Proud Member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
-- Wii #: 8913 3004 4519 2027

Reply

-- Mike Eggleston
-- Mac Fanatic since 1984.
-- Proud Member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
-- Wii #: 8913 3004 4519 2027

Reply
post #98 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

They most certainly can use metal or plastic, but releasing the same phone in a metal and also a plastic version just reeks of 'me too'.

Maybe they really just want a better feeling device. To me, that's at least a step in the right direction if they are going to try to match Apple's superb fit-and-finish. Even the notion of using the exact same internals but with a different shell sounds like a reasonable move since the investment, and therefore risk, is minor. I'm actually kind of excited to see what will come of this.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #99 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


Maybe they really just want a better feeling device. To me, that's at least a step in the right direction if they are going to try to match Apple's superb fit-and-finish. Even the notion of using the exact same internals but with a different shell sounds like a reasonable move since the investment, and therefore risk, is minor. I'm actually kind of excited to see what will come of this.

Exactly this, Samsung would be wise to follow apples lead and use a high quality material such as metal in the manufacture of their devices.   It would make them considerably more desirable IMO.  

post #100 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2385amh View Post
 

Apple doesnt make any of these products.  

High resolution screens are purchased by apple not made or developed by them

PCIe SSDs while great were not invented or used exclusively by apple.  And note I specifically said that my comment didn't apply to the MacPro

Again did not mean to address the MACPro

A7 SoC is probably the most legitimate claim you made and I do admit it is pretty advanced for a mobile processor.

Ibeacons are NFC like bluetooth devices apple did not invent these they are based on exsisting bluetooth technology

 

Not a single thing you mentioned besides the A7 was invented by apple.  To be honest Samsung has done much more for the display, processor, and hard drive market then apple ever has.  Samsung actually invents many of the breakthroughs in these technologies.  They don't just purchase them and allow a pretty package to suffice. 

 

Apple's multi-touch screens are developed in-house by Apple. In fact, Apple has many patents for its touch display technologies. And iBeacon is an API developed by Apple that exploits (among other things) Bluetooth Low Energy.

 

To be honest, Apple has done much more for the display, processor, and solid state market than Samsung ever has.

post #101 of 148
Originally Posted by 2385amh View Post
These are incremental upgrades I was talking about innovation.

 

Go to MacRumors.

 

Originally Posted by 2385amh View Post
My point is that the screen got bigger.

 

That wasn’t your point at all.

 

Originally Posted by 2385amh View Post
Samsung made it simultaneously thinner and smaller.  While increasing screen size.

 

Leave it to Samsung to break the laws of physics.

post #102 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Maybe they really just want a better feeling device. To me, that's at least a step in the right direction if they are going to try to match Apple's superb fit-and-finish. Even the notion of using the exact same internals but with a different shell sounds like a reasonable move since the investment, and therefore risk, is minor. I'm actually kind of excited to see what will come of this.

While it looks great and is much stronger I really don't like the feel of the metal edges on my fingers. I also don't believe that they have to match Apple's fit and finish, because it hasn't helped HTC by doing so.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #103 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

While it looks great and is much stronger I really don't like the feel of the metal edges on my fingers. I also don't believe that they have to match Apple's fit and finish, because it hasn't helped HTC by doing so.

HTC's designs look great but they 1) still need to go up against Samsung's marketing, reach and dominance which is something Samsung already dominates in the Android-based market, and 2) as nice as the HTC One looks it has a lot of shortcomings internally that would make me take an S4 over it any day (although if I had to get an Android phone it would be a Nexus 5).

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #104 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipDog3 View Post

$1,100?
That will run like $650 on contract!!

Who is really going to buy that except for a select few fanboys?

Apple's most expensive iPhone only cost $850...

Yes but you also get a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and a Galaxy Gear thrown in free of charge.
post #105 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2385amh View Post
 

Yes you definitely seem to understand what I mean, I hope your predictions are right.  Steven Jobs died at the end of 2011 and I hope that the innovation and brilliance he personified didn't die with him.

 

 

Jobs died in October 2011 but was largely incapacitated for at least 6 months prior to that. It has been almost 3 years since he was intensively involved in the company. In that time, Apple has developed and released two new versions of iOS, two new versions of OS X, the brilliant and innovative new Mac Pro, MacBook Pro Retina, the iPhone 5s with its innovative 64-bit A7 processor, M7 motion processor and Touch ID sensor, the iPad mini, and the highly regarded new iMac designs.

 

Beyond that, you have no idea what Apple has been working on and intends to introduce over the next year or two. Do you seriously think Apple was all about—and only about—Steve Jobs? Give the nonsense up already, 2385amh.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2385amh View Post
 

Steve Jobs was apple and now without him they will die a slow slow death over the next 5 or 10 years.

 

Even if Apple's revenues went to ZERO today, its cash would last for at least 15 to 20 years. Your assertion is ridiculous.

post #106 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2385amh View Post

To be fair Apple has become pretty stale in the innovation game too.  Aside from the Mac Pro which is amazing (unfortunately no consumers really buy desktops anymore) they are pretty light on ideas.  Aside from the fingerprint scanner (which they bought) the last few iphones have basically been an upgrade in processor and making it slightly thinner (both of which just follow the technological advance in the field as a whole) not cutting edge.  

The Ipad air is nice but the same as the larger version (just thinner) same for the ipad mini (just smaller) ipod touch (iphone without antenna) macbook air (thinner pro).  Apple has mastered the make things thinner game.  I am waiting for something that is actually innovative.  They have some of the best engineers and boat loads of money.  I am hoping something comes out soon that blows my socks off the way that the first Ipod, Iphone, and to a lesser degree Ipad did.  

Making things thinner and faster is nice but it is just the advancement of the industry, everyone does that.  Where is the big innovation?

At this point Apple basically makes two things, laptops with different sizes and specs (macbook air/pro line) and rectangular slabs or various sizes and features (iphone/ipod touch/ipad/ipad mini)  I really hope we get a new product category soon.  The basic technology of the iphone, ipad, ipad mini, and ipod touch are exactly the same.  They are all basically iphones with different size screens or a lack of an antenna to place calls.  

So the Boeing 747 was just an incremental improvement on the Wright brothers plane, the Porche 911 an incremental improvement over the Model T Ford and the QE2 an incremental improvement on the canoe?
post #107 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2385amh View Post
 

Customers wanted bigger screens, that why everyone including apple made bigger screens. The 3.5 inch screen in the iphone 4S is to small in most peoples opinion

 

 

Why make things up, 2385amh?

 

To see how much "customers wanted bigger screens," all you have to do is go to Google's own developer dashboard site:

 

 

post #108 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.ballmer View Post


Why make things up, 2385amh?

To see how much "customers wanted bigger screens," all you have to do is go to Google's own developer dashboard site:




The problem with that graph — which underscores the problem with Google and Android itself — is that their self-imposed labels for small, normal, large and x-large all cross over each other. Normal can be about 5" and large can be about 4", and normal can be 3" and small can be 3.75". It's not just shitty but also bizarre.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #109 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDBA View Post

No! It's just natural progression. Who cares if Apple did it first?

***Note***
Do I really need to put S tags around this?

Yes, because you are not very good at using sarcasm effectively....
post #110 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post
 

Do you really believe this? If you do, please run as fast as you can to the closest hospital and stay there.

 

So, if I suck at everything related with design and engineering, and sell every high quality "small screen" i can make to other companies, can't make powerful normal sized smartphones, can't make normal sized smartphones because their battery life is very short.... and end up making a big phone, I'm an innovator?

 

That's what happened to samsung, pal.

 

If they could, they would've made a smaller flagship years before they made the first phablet.

 

When Apple goes that route, it won't be for the same reasons, so it won't be copying.You have diferent screens sizes on every category

 

By your logic, Apple sucks at design and engineering and can't make a large screen flagship phone otherwise they would've done so already.

 

Samsung makes large screen phones because they believe people want something bigger than 4 inches.  There's no reason to believe they can't make a "powerful normal sized smartphone." 

post #111 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

HTC's designs look great but they 1) still need to go up against Samsung's marketing, reach and dominance which is something Samsung already dominates in the Android-based market, and 2) as nice as the HTC One looks it has a lot of shortcomings internally that would make me take an S4 over it any day (although if I had to get an Android phone it would be a Nexus 5).

I think saying that the HTC One has a lot of shortcomings is a overstatement. The biggest discrepancy is the camera pixel count and the One has a 4 MP camera vs 13 MP on the SGS 4 though the sensor is the same size. The HTC has a 1.7 Mhz processor vs 1.9 for the SGS 4. Personally I would go with the HTC.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #112 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrogusto View Post
 

I used to work with a guy who said he wasn't an "Apple person," so he bought one of the first post-iPad Samsung tablets, that looked almost exactly like an iPad. I think it was due to a Samsung allegiance stemming from his Korean origins, but it still seemed pretty weird. 

i live in Korea right now- and you have not known jingoism until you moved to Korea.  Samsung is more like national pride.  And Apple sales took a hit when the lawsuits started.  i am not denying that Samsung has ripped anyone off, but Korean pride is uncanny.

post #113 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by revenant View Post

i live in Korea right now- and you have not known jingoism until you moved to Korea.  Samsung is more like national pride.  And Apple sales took a hit when the lawsuits started.  i am not denying that Samsung has ripped anyone off, but Korean pride is uncanny.

You mean Jenga-ism?¡

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Reply
post #114 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercow View Post

By your logic, Apple sucks at design and engineering and can't make a large screen flagship phone otherwise they would've done so already.

Samsung makes large screen phones because they believe people want something bigger than 4 inches.  There's no reason to believe they can't make a "powerful normal sized smartphone." 

Sammy made larger screened phones because they couldn't beat Apple at the normal sizes.

Also 2385's first sentence should have made people ignore the rest of his post.
post #115 of 148
Samsung's CEO 'back to basics'. Yeah let's keep following Apple's lead. We will worry about the law suits tomorrow.
post #116 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

You mean Jenga-ism?¡


I can't believe that 1) somebody designed that, and that 2) somebody actually built it. lol.gif
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #117 of 148

If true the metal version is going to bomb. Android fans only want a less expensive product. If they were going to pay a premium, they would just buy an iPhone.

post #118 of 148
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

 

 

It should be illegal to build something like that UNLESS it’s on a fault line. :p

post #119 of 148

Remember, just hit the little red flag and don’t bother replying.

post #120 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Remember, just hit the little red flag and don’t bother replying.

Yep. Done. They’re out in force today. I actually think it’s all the same person. A few new accounts, 1 to 3 posts each… all snarky and crude…

You’d think people would find something better to do with their lives …
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Samsung rumored to follow Apple's lead, split Galaxy S5 lineup into metal, plastic models
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung rumored to follow Apple's lead, split Galaxy S5 lineup into metal, plastic models