or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Trash retrieval

Trash retrieval

post #1 of 6

I trashed and deleted an important folder.  Is there a way to retrieve it.

ADS
ADS
post #2 of 6
Time Machine. Look into it.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #3 of 6

Unfortunately, Time Machine wasn't up to date; however, it did have week old info which helps considerably. Thanks.

Is there any other way to retrieve what was trashed? I would like last week's info, too.

ADS
ADS
post #4 of 6

StellarPhoenix, but good luck.

post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

Unfortunately, Time Machine wasn't up to date; however, it did have week old info which helps considerably. Thanks.

Is there any other way to retrieve what was trashed? I would like last week's info, too.

That's too bad because professional data recovery services can cost in the thousands of dollars. I know this first hand.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #6 of 6

Too expensive. Well, I have the framework from Time Machine (as of last week).  I could rebuild the file if I could get into my internal HDD.  Apple, in it's infinite wisdom, chose not to provide access to that HDD since I did a clean install of Mavericks.  It doesn't appear in the Finder.

Disk Utility shows that it's there, but no way to mount it. That's grayed out.

I have access to an external HDD where Time Machine resides; however, I can't rebuild much without having a place to put it internally. I could work from the external. Although it has a fan, it still gets hot quickly, and I'm concerned that the heat might affect it and data.

To say I hate Mavericks would be an understatement.  I've been less than 50% productive - having to spend countless hours trying to tweak Mavericks into actually working before AND after the clean install.  I've also lost apps that I needed. For example, RealPlayer Downloader that is now RealPlayer Cloud and offers only 2 GB. That sucks for what I need. I haven't found an earlier Mac version.

Does anyone know of another downloader that downloads automatically like RPD?

ADS
ADS
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Trash retrieval