or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Trash retrieval

Trash retrieval

post #1 of 6

I trashed and deleted an important folder.  Is there a way to retrieve it.

ADS
ADS
post #2 of 6
Time Machine. Look into it.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #3 of 6

Unfortunately, Time Machine wasn't up to date; however, it did have week old info which helps considerably. Thanks.

Is there any other way to retrieve what was trashed? I would like last week's info, too.

ADS
ADS
post #4 of 6

StellarPhoenix, but good luck.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

Unfortunately, Time Machine wasn't up to date; however, it did have week old info which helps considerably. Thanks.

Is there any other way to retrieve what was trashed? I would like last week's info, too.

That's too bad because professional data recovery services can cost in the thousands of dollars. I know this first hand.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #6 of 6

Too expensive. Well, I have the framework from Time Machine (as of last week).  I could rebuild the file if I could get into my internal HDD.  Apple, in it's infinite wisdom, chose not to provide access to that HDD since I did a clean install of Mavericks.  It doesn't appear in the Finder.

Disk Utility shows that it's there, but no way to mount it. That's grayed out.

I have access to an external HDD where Time Machine resides; however, I can't rebuild much without having a place to put it internally. I could work from the external. Although it has a fan, it still gets hot quickly, and I'm concerned that the heat might affect it and data.

To say I hate Mavericks would be an understatement.  I've been less than 50% productive - having to spend countless hours trying to tweak Mavericks into actually working before AND after the clean install.  I've also lost apps that I needed. For example, RealPlayer Downloader that is now RealPlayer Cloud and offers only 2 GB. That sucks for what I need. I haven't found an earlier Mac version.

Does anyone know of another downloader that downloads automatically like RPD?

ADS
ADS
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Trash retrieval