or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Siri UK just literally doubled in speed I have noticed.

Siri UK just literally doubled in speed I have noticed.

post #1 of 7
A its UK voice has also changed too to a younger-sounding, more bookish, less newscaster type. I'm using it here in Ireland and as of now the changes are pretty significant. I'm on wifi on my usual home wifi network that has been pretty fast for a few years and I use Siri semi-regularly.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

A its UK voice has also changed too to a younger-sounding, more bookish, less newscaster type. I'm using it here in Ireland and as of now the changes are pretty significant. I'm on wifi on my usual home wifi network that has been pretty fast for a few years and I use Siri semi-regularly.

Does it understand Gaelic?

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Does it understand Gaelic?

We call our language Irish, and no one speaks it here. There are over 10 times more Polish speakers in Ireland than Irish speakers at this point. Gaelic is the Celtic language of Scotland.
post #4 of 7
Quote:

We call our language Irish, and no one speaks it here. There are over 10 times more Polish speakers in Ireland than Irish speakers at this point. Gaelic is the Celtic language of Scotland.

Apologies. I've never been (but I'd like to go there).

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #5 of 7
Quote:

Quote:

No need to apologise, man.

Btw: http://www.independent.ie/unsorted/features/why-the-cad-mle-filte-isnt-always-what-it-seems-26027338.html (12-year old post from an outsider who is living in Ireland and is married to an Irish person with whom they have kids with Irish names)

Ireland is not all roses. I'm from here and that's how I see the country.
Edited by Ireland - 1/15/14 at 3:45pm
post #6 of 7
We call our language Irish, and no one speaks it here.

That narrows down the part of the country where you live. Now to use hints in other posts to pinpoint your location.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
post #7 of 7
I noticed a big increase in speed with iOS7, but one would assume that was the software itself getting better. If you've noticed a separate increase independent of a software upgrade then that suggests an improvement at the server end.

Good job on both counts, Siri has gone from an often-failing gimmick to something I use pretty regularly.

censored

censored

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Siri UK just literally doubled in speed I have noticed.