or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Microsoft considering Ericsson CEO to replace Steve Ballmer

Microsoft considering Ericsson CEO to replace Steve Ballmer - Page 2

post #41 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Good news for Apple!

You mean the Ericsson rumor? Not sure how it has a positive impact in Apple.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #42 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Microsoft ought to see what the “Diesel”, Michael Spindler, is up to these days¡¡¡¡¡

LOL, or even Sculley. Sure way to hasten the end.
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
"Google doesn't sell you anything, they just sell you!"
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
"Google doesn't sell you anything, they just sell you!"
post #43 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain king View Post

I have also read several comments from usually reliable sources that Gates plans to take a more active role at Microsoft.  That sounds like he will be taking a more day to day decision making role than the chairmanship usually involves.  In that case it would appear that he's looking for a puppet/fall guy.  Of the people currently under discussion, and with the little I know about them, Stephen Elop would appear to be the best for that role.

Well, Gates knows his shit!
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
post #44 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emes View Post

Except the New Yorker does not claim to provide "New York news and rumors since 1997"

Now is not the time for waffling and hair splitting.  We all must be ever vigilant in our opposition to the frightening practice of subject matter boundary crossing by reckless publications.

post #45 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emes View Post

Except the New Yorker does not claim to provide "New York news and rumors since 1997"

Remind me again why you signed up for AppleInsider? Most of your posts seem to just be Anti-Apple anyway.

post #46 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Thursday's report, revealing his apparent candidacy for the position, portrayed the Ericsson CEO as a "media-savvy technology fanatic,"

If he is a technology fanatic, he wouldn't want to work for Microsoft!

Quote:

Of course, the Windows maker could also opt to promote from within for its next chief executive. But a number of Microsoft's most high profile executives have exited the company in recent years, including Windows chief Steven Sinofsky, and Xbox head Don Mattrick.

I feel sorry for Sinofsky. It was really sad seeing the Surface demo. He looked so flustered and nervous, gulping and mumbling all the time.

post #47 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestKeptSecret View Post

I feel sorry for Sinofsky. It was really sad seeing the Surface demo. He looked so flustered and nervous, gulping and mumbling all the time.

I felt a whole lot less sorry for him after hearing about his run-ins with Paul Thurrot and how he would harass, for days on end, people inside and outside of Microsoft for even the mildest of criticisms. The man was deranged.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #48 of 56
I'd love to see Scott Forstall get the gig...
post #49 of 56
Well, at least he looks like a normal person, much bettered mannered and spoken. That alone is a colossal improvement on the current CEO. Mind you, even Shrek would look and sound good in comparison.
post #50 of 56
Not being an M$ lover; I was hoping for Flop to be their next (short term interim) CEO.
post #51 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshA View Post

Not being an M$ lover; I was hoping for Flop to be their next (short term interim) CEO.

Microsoft has already flopped too much recently hence their reluctance to flop, with Elop, again.

(I hear they're even considering calling themselves Microhard from now on)
Edited by GTR - 1/17/14 at 11:13am
Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.
post #52 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Also, it’s “the road ahead”, but the pictures shows what’s behind him.

'The Road Ahead' actually shows us the road behind Gates who brought us Windows, an operating system a-doored by many.

Damn.

I think I just went and confused myself again.
post #53 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Microsoft has already flopped too much recently hence their reluctance to flop, with Elop, again.

(I hear they're even considering calling themselves Microhard from now on)

Actually...

MaxiHard!

Hmmmmmm...
Hmmmmmm...
post #54 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I felt a whole lot less sorry for him after hearing about his run-ins with Paul Thurrot and how he would harass, for days on end, people inside and outside of Microsoft for even the mildest of criticisms. The man was deranged.

Sinofsky was an ego-maniacal/narcissistic disaster for MS. But a CEO with vision would've realized that and shut him down (or more likely never have bet the company on the whole misconceived "stuffing 10 pounds of shite into a 5 pound bag" next iteration of Windows plan that he promulgated).

Meanwhile, to really shake things up - both at MS and in the industry at large - and for frequent kicks and giggles that would make reading about the tech company wars interesting again (and since Tim's not leaving Apple anytime soon), my choice is John Legere, the brash T-Mob guy. 

And in that case, the more thin-skinned among the Apple loyalists, would have a new "love to hate" foe they could paint in Vaderish/Sauron/Voldemortish colors when he started with the zingers in Cupertino's direction, even though he'd likely be aiming more of his arrows at MS' real proximal threat in Mountain View).  ;)

Edited by bigpics - 1/17/14 at 1:14pm

An iPhone, a Leatherman and thou...  ...life is complete.

An iPhone, a Leatherman and thou...  ...life is complete.

post #55 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro64 View Post

simple look at the company he is coming from, they have lots of the same issue as M$ has. M$ needs and I hate to say this, 2 CEO, on who can manage the cash cow, and another to think about the future and move them forward. That will not happen, they will keep trying to find a person who is already a CEO and give him/her the job and hope they can fix it. Most likely you will see more than one CEO in the next 5 yrs.

I have yet to see the two CEO strategy work at any company.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #56 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I have yet to see the two CEO strategy work at any company.

I guess there are some but I wouldn't bet on that model.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Microsoft considering Ericsson CEO to replace Steve Ballmer