or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › My iPod Just Died (False Alarm, It's OK!)

My iPod Just Died (False Alarm, It's OK!)

post #1 of 7
After having no problems since I purchased it Christmas week - and updating it per Apple site, it has died on me. The screen won't display anything... the charging symbol, or the iPod start up screen. Any suggestions before I call Apple? Thanks.

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: MacsRGood4U ]</p>
Things Ain't What They Seem!
post #2 of 7
D'oh!
post #3 of 7
IT"S ALIVE! After much searching on the net I found a solution for getting it back to its good 'ol self and it worked. Needed to press Menu and Pause buttons at the same time for 10 seconds.
post #4 of 7
Did you find the solution on an apple site or TIL article, or was it just a third party site?
post #5 of 7
That fix is actually available in the scant documentation that comes with it. RTFM!!
post #6 of 7
I had the exact same problem with mine. I thought it died a few days after I got it. Then held down those 2 as a last resort and sure enough..it worked! Strange though.
<a href="http://www.toolband.com" target="_blank">www.toolband.com</a>
<a href="http://www.toolband.com" target="_blank">www.toolband.com</a>
post #7 of 7
Glad to know it is ok now. I had the same thing happen a few days after i got mine, but luckily I remembered what I had read about resetting....
1 Peter 1:6-7
Powerbook G4 12" 1.33ghz, 60gig hd, 1.25 gigs ram.

Powermac G4 "Sawtooth" 400 mhz, 80gig hd, 384mb of ram, Rage 128 Pro graphics.
1 Peter 1:6-7
Powerbook G4 12" 1.33ghz, 60gig hd, 1.25 gigs ram.

Powermac G4 "Sawtooth" 400 mhz, 80gig hd, 384mb of ram, Rage 128 Pro graphics.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › My iPod Just Died (False Alarm, It's OK!)