or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Sony PC9E DV camcorder

Sony PC9E DV camcorder

post #1 of 4
Has anyone any experience of using this (European version) with an imac, imovie and OSX?

The apple site has it listed as 'made for mac' but surprisingly it doesn't have the 'made for OSX' tag next to it. Its a relatively new camcorder and some older ones seem to have been made for OSX. Am I likely to get any compatibility problems with an imac and will it work with OSX?

Thanks
post #2 of 4
[quote]Originally posted by Mick UK:
<strong>Has anyone any experience of using this (European version) with an imac, imovie and OSX?

The apple site has it listed as 'made for mac' but surprisingly it doesn't have the 'made for OSX' tag next to it. Its a relatively new camcorder and some older ones seem to have been made for OSX. Am I likely to get any compatibility problems with an imac and will it work with OSX?

Thanks</strong><hr></blockquote>
As far as I know, the PC9 is identical to the older PC5, other than cosmetic changes and the addition of a USB port for transferring still images. The PC5 works just fine with iMovie in OS X, so I don't see any reason why the PC9 shouldn't.
Chicanery.
Chicanery.
post #3 of 4
Can anyone with a PC9 tell me if it has s-video input and if that will work with the analog to digital pass through?

Also, is there any advantage of using a digital 8 camera to convert hi8 tapes to digital over using the s-video pass through on say a PC9? Any lost resolution that is?

--
"Evolution is not random. Mutation is random, but natural selection is entirely non-random. Evolution doesn't predict that all the complexity of life just came together randomly. "

--
"Evolution is not random. Mutation is random, but natural selection is entirely non-random. Evolution doesn't predict that all the complexity of life just came together randomly. "

post #4 of 4
[quote]Originally posted by Nordstrodamus:
<strong>Can anyone with a PC9 tell me if it has s-video input and if that will work with the analog to digital pass through?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Though I couldn't say for sure, I doubt it has an S-Video IN. Sonys usually don't (mine included). Usually it's just an out.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Sony PC9E DV camcorder