or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Tim Cook admits iPhone 5c share lower than expected, says demand was 'different than we thought'

Tim Cook admits iPhone 5c share lower than expected, says demand was 'different than we thought' - Page 4

post #121 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Demand percentage for the iPhone 5c "turned out to be different than we thought," Cook said during his company's quarterly earnings conference call.

There are some survey stats here:

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/news/iphone-5s-accounts-for-59-of-iphone-sales-in-q4-2013-report/

"the iPhone 5s was the choice of 59% of surveyed customers, 9% higher than that of the iPhone 5 a year previously.

The colourful iPhone 5c accounted for 27% of all sales, 5% less than the iPhone 4S recorded in 2012, when it was the mid-choice for iPhone buyers. This has led CIRP analysts conclude that if Apple had decided to keep the iPhone 5, it would have been more popular than the iPhone 5c."

Given that Tim has mentioned it this way, I suspect actual worldwide sales figures differ from this with the 5c being a bit lower. It was noted as being 3:1 when it first came out. As I've said before, more people buying the higher model is a better outcome so it can't really be seen as a failure on their part and even if it's 25% of 50 million units, that's still a lot of phones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash907 
I say if they sell the thing off contract for 349-399 bucks, it would move like hotcakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd 
if the cheaper one costs $200 less then you're cooking

They can't just take all the profit margin off it though. If it sells for $550 just now and they make 40%, the build cost is $330. If they sell them as low as $350, they don't make enough profit. That's gross profit too. Net is usually 25% so really they can only drop the net by say 10%, which is $470.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macinthe408 
Apple scraps crazy-popular products (see iPod nano)

http://www.apple.com/ipod-nano/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton 
There was a time when Apple used plastic cases on everything including their top of the line PowerBook and Power Mac G4. Now plastic is low-rent.

Yeah if they made Macbook Pros from plastic or even carbon fibre, I really doubt they'd be able to push them for $2k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by togan 
I think the 5c would of done so much better in colored metal (iPod touch style).

I like the some of the anostyle ones:

https://www.anostyle.com/gallery

If they pick the right colors with iPhone 5 parts, they'd be nice. That crimson red one looks great IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 
According to many here that ridiculed the other manufacturers for still using 'cheap' plastic. Personally I don't have a problem with it and I much prefer the feel of plastic in my hand than hard metal edges.

People can prefer the feel of plastic but would they pay $550 for it? There are materials that are just considered cheap - plastic cutlery vs metal, plastic plates vs ceramic, plastic watches vs metal/sapphire/glass, plastic jewellery vs metal, plastic tables vs marble. Plastic is considered cheap because of its abundance and its man-made appearance. If they want to make a plastic phone, that's ok but they need to build it to hit a price expectation of a plastic phone and $550 isn't it.

They also have to avoid making too big of a gap between it and the metal phone so having just $350 and $650 won't work out very well. I'd say $150 maximum difference between the two e.g $450 and $600. If they had 3 phones it might work though, plastic at $399, colored iPhone 5 at $499 and 5S at $599.

I actually wish they'd sell an add-on for the iPod Touch that turned it into a phone for the base 'iPhone'. The $299 model with a $100 plastic back that had phone components in it. The battery life would suck but that's mainly when using mobile data and potentially the back can have a battery pack or they would simply recommend that people who use mobile data a lot get the higher models.
post #122 of 179

I bought a 5c and wish I'd gotten a 5. It's all about the accessories. The 5 & 5s share the same size; cases etc. are interchangeable and there are many available. If you have a nice case or other accessories for a 5, you can reuse them with the 5s. The 5c has very few cases & accessories designed for it.

The 5c may have been targeted at new Apple customers, but once you have one you're effectively locked out of the iPhone accessory ecosystem.

- Jasen.

post #123 of 179
Originally Posted by karmadave View Post

I will ignore the first question

You’re explicitly acknowledging it. ;)

Compared to the 5c, the 5s is a MUCH better value. 

NO FREAKING DUH. And? That’s by design. Design.

Why bring out the same, with a few colors when you could have either kept the 5, as is…

It is not the same. Because they explicitly changed it. Because bringing out the 5 as-is would have been the same. Because that is literally the same. Except the 5C was changed. Physically and internally. It is not the same. It is different. Different is not the same.

Apple is doing pretty well overall, but I think they are 'leaving money on the table' by not appealing to those consumers who want a larger handset.

Good. They should keep doing that. Morons who don’t know that a phone needs one-handed use aren’t a large enough market to be worth building for. Same with the people who still use dumb phones. Apple’s “leaving money on the table” by not catering to them, too.

Originally Posted by Jume View Post
I was saying couple of months ago here that iPhone 5c is a flop and no one's is buying it, because it's to expensive for what it is, everyone's started to attack me. 

Because you were wrong and we now have the numbers to prove it.

Now here's the result.

Yeah, it sold better than the 4S did.

It's not it's a bad phone but it's too expensive. 

The 4S wasn’t. The 4 wasn’t. It isn’t a budget phone.

It should be 100$ or more less then maybe it would sell on emerging market and people who really can't afford the flagship iPhone.

It isn’t for emerging markets. It isn’t a budget phone. It sold better than the 4S.

But most who can throw 500$ for new phone, can also throw 600 and they will rather throw 600 and get all the neat new stuff that 5S offers.

Doy. And? This is by design. Do you not understand this? Was the lineup of 4, 4S, and 5 equally mystifying to you? They want to sell the newest model.

Originally Posted by saarek View Post

…it is not priced correctly which is the reason it has not sold as well as expected.

You know this?

Originally Posted by Inkling View Post
It simply wasn't that appealing.

To you.

For those who want power and features, the 5s was twice the phone for only about $100 more.

WOW. JUST like the last two mid-range phones before it! WHAT a concept!

If Tim Cook had asked me, I'd have suggesting keeping the iPhone 5's marvelous appearance, but tweaking the inside so it could be made and sell for significantly less than a 5s.

So you’d suggest they do EXACTLY WHAT THEY DID, huh? Maybe they should hire you¡

Apple has missed the boat on diversifying its product line.

No, you should get an inkling and understand why they aren’t.

Make a EL (for Extended Live) version of the iPhone. Make a Sport model that's drop-proof to about 12 feet and waterproof to say 30 feet.

Apple isn’t IBM, for heaven’s sake. These ideas appeal to a market that is an order of magnitude smaller than the one toward which 5C is targeted. How’s that supposed to help them?

post #124 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

People can prefer the feel of plastic but would they pay $550 for it? There are materials that are just considered cheap - plastic cutlery vs metal, plastic plates vs ceramic, plastic watches vs metal/sapphire/glass, plastic jewellery vs metal, plastic tables vs marble. Plastic is considered cheap because of its abundance and its man-made appearance. If they want to make a plastic phone, that's ok but they need to build it to hit a price expectation of a plastic phone and $550 isn't it.

It wasn't that long ago that people dropped $550 on a iPhone 3G/3GS and before then I remember people spending $700-900 on unlocked phones. Even today there's plenty of plastic phones being sold for much more than $550.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
post #125 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewys808 View Post

While we all hate a race to the bottom, it appears as if it may make sense to lower the retail price...maybe by $50.  There is and has always been pricing pressure by competitors, but it's obvious that competition has heated up over the last year and if Apple wants to increase its installed base, it needs to lower price (a bit).

You mean like the $49 my son paid and got a $75 Walmart card on Black Friday??  Or the $49 I paid for my mothers and got a $49 Target card just before Christmas??

post #126 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferraferro View Post

The other issue why sells are below expectation, is the absurd logic of the ex king of the market pretending his ideas are always ahead.

Who Nokia, "king of the market" before Samsung took the crown or Motorola, "king of the market" before Nokia???

The ex "kings of the market" have become irrelevant, sliding down the slippery slope of losing money chasing marketshare before anything else.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
post #127 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Apple sold 51 million iPhones, Samsung "shipped" 86 million "smartphones" but only nine million were Galaxy S4's.

The market has spoken, iPhone and smaller sized screens dominate sales.

Enough with the "big screen" crap already.

If a bigger screen ever comes to be, of course, you and TS will be its biggest defenders. Oh, and Apple also *shipped* 51 million. They probably sold more than that as they had built up inventories.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
post #128 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

If a bigger screen ever comes to be, of course, you and TS will be its biggest defenders. Oh, and Apple also *shipped* 51 million. They probably sold more than that as they had built up inventories.

Not really, just pointing out reality and countering the idiotic idea that the iPhone's "tiny" screen is somehow illegible when a few years ago people were complaining it was too big.

Most "smartphones" sold have screens the same or smaller than iPhones.

post #129 of 179
If a bigger screen ever comes to be, of course, you and TS will be its biggest defenders.

I’d be willing to buy a larger screened iPhone to prove how unusable it is. *shrug*

post #130 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

It wasn't that long ago that people dropped $550 on a iPhone 3G/3GS and before then I remember people spending $700-900 on unlocked phones. Even today there's plenty of plastic phones being sold for much more than $550.

There wasn't an alternative back when the 3GS was the flagship model. Android only just got a software keyboard at that point. Samsung's first rip-off came the following year, June 2010:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S

You're right that people do pay that much for the likes of modern Samsung Galaxy phones when HTC's metal phones are available but the plastic design is seen in reviews as a negative, hence why rumors now are that the S5 will be metal:

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-s5-to-sport-full-metal-jacket-and-new-camera-tech--1183473

People buy plastic phones like the Galaxy S4 in spite of them being plastic, not because they are plastic.
post #131 of 179
Quote:

People buy plastic phones like the Galaxy S4 in spite of them being plastic, not because they are plastic.

Very true, but they also buy them in spite of there being a metal alternative like the HTC One, which is also why I believe that not many people are swayed by reviews.

While I'm no fan of Samsung they have done a great job marketing, and while we know that they're about as innovative as a potato a good number of people believe that they've surpassed the iPhone.
post #132 of 179
Tim Cook was correct in his assessment that the iPhone 5S was the iPhone 5C's main competitor.

The $100 price difference between the 5S and the 5C was insufficient to drive sales of the 5C; and Tim Cook also made the mistake of going against Apple's formula, by offering two iPhone models instead of 1.

The iPhone 5S should have been the only iPhone offered.

The iPhone 5C should have been introduced when the iPhone 5 became the 3rd tier phone (if and when a larger screened iPhone 6 came out) - when the iPhone 5 would have taken the place of the iPhone 4S and dropped in price as its costs would have dropped.

In regards to the iPhone 5C, it should have been offered with a white front face instead of black. It would have sold more.

EDIT:

As some have also mentioned about the colors, the iPhone 5C should have been offered in strong primary colors instead of pastels; because primary colors would appeal to both male and female.
Edited by InteliusQ - 1/28/14 at 4:28pm
post #133 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by InteliusQ View Post

Tim Cook was correct in his assessment that the iPhone 5S was the iPhone 5C's main competitor.

The $100 price difference between the 5S and the 5C was insufficient to drive sales of the 5C; and Tim Cook also made the mistake of going against Apple's formula, by offering two iPhone models instead of 1.

The iPhone 5S should have been the only iPhone offered.

The iPhone 5C should have been introduced when the iPhone 5 became the 3rd tier phone (if and when a larger screened iPhone 6 came out) - when the iPhone 5 would have taken the place of the iPhone 4S and dropped in price as its costs would have dropped.

In regards to the iPhone 5C, it should have been offered with a white front face instead of black. It would have sold more.

How about a limited edition (PRODUCT) red version complete with matching red charger, lightning cable and headphones.

Apple could advertise it to raise awareness of (PRODUCT) red and what they do.

A black version also wouldn't go astray.

post #134 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

How about a limited edition (PRODUCT) red version complete with matching red charger, lightning cable and headphones.

Apple could advertise it to raise awareness of (PRODUCT) red and what they do.

A black version also wouldn't go astray.

I agree. But instead of a Limited Edition model, Apple could just make a Liquid Black iPhone like the original iPhone, with either a black or white face, and offer the different colored iPhone backs as solid primary color cases (with no print on them), that could be either swapped out or be a cover; and make the colored (background) home screen customize-able. 

What would have been extremely cool is if Apple offered an illuminated translucent frosted iPhone that could glow and change color (the back light would have to be LED to save on battery). If that is too much, Apple could just offer a frosted iPhone that glowed, and you would have colored translucent covers that you could change.  

post #135 of 179
I didn't buy the 5s because of a fascination with Touch ID. Initially I wasn't interested in the phone because that feature didn't really interest me. I think the folks at Apple are a lot more excited about the potential of Touch ID than your average consumer is, because they can see where they want to take it next. Plus, they need to market with a tangible "star" feature, rather than the best features, like 64 bit & a co-motion sensor, because that stuff is just too esoteric for your average consumer.
post #136 of 179
Quote:

WHEN the bigger screen iPhone arrives, half the people on AI are going to have an thermonuclear meltdown, the other half will praise for joy.
post #137 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Phoney View Post

WHEN the bigger screen iPhone arrives, half the people on AI are going to have an thermonuclear meltdown, the other half will praise for joy.

No, no , no... they'll just write a two page essay on here explaining how people misrepresented what it was they actually said. 8-)
Hmmmmmm...
Hmmmmmm...
post #138 of 179
WHEN the smaller screen iPhone arrives, half the people on AI are going to have an thermonuclear meltdown, the other half will praise for joy.

You, 2008.

post #139 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You, 2008.

Sorry that was not me in 2008. That is one of your many famous tag lines though. You better sit in a tub of ice to keep cool when they announce the new iPhone.
post #140 of 179
Sorry that was not me in 2008. That is one of your many famous tag lines though. You better sit in a tub of ice to keep cool when they announce the new iPhone.

No, see, people said the exact same thing in 2008. “When”, despite it being no more than a joke.

Again, I’d be willing to buy an unusably large iPhone to prove it such.

post #141 of 179
Quote:

No, see, people said the exact same thing in 2008. “When”, despite it being no more than a joke.

Again, I’d be willing to buy an unusably large iPhone to prove it such.

I know what you meant but buying something for the sole purpose to discredit society does not work since that is your opinion, which you are entitled to.
post #142 of 179
I know what you meant but buying something for the sole purpose to discredit society does not work since that is your opinion, which you are entitled to.

When it’s a physical impossibility, it becomes more than an opinion.

post #143 of 179

It also true the cost and efforts put into making this product was not cheap, the plastic casing was not a cheap plastic either. But this time Apple have to realize the market expectation and the market appraisal, at what level a consumer is willing to pay for a certain product. Market perception was a telling that is was a "plastic" anyway and will not be paying it at a $100 lower while a 5s model was a better choice, so I would rather dig in $100 more to get the 5s and forget about the "plastic" 5c. Now put the 5c down $150 lower and see the market reaction...

post #144 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchambers View Post

I didn't buy the 5s because of a fascination with Touch ID. Initially I wasn't interested in the phone because that feature didn't really interest me. I think the folks at Apple are a lot more excited about the potential of Touch ID than your average consumer is, because they can see where they want to take it next. Plus, they need to market with a tangible "star" feature, rather than the best features, like 64 bit & a co-motion sensor, because that stuff is just too esoteric for your average consumer.

The average consumer is obviously as excited as Apple about Touch ID considering the 5S was the sales star, showing people preferred the 5S to the 5c. It may not have appealed to you, but it obviously appealed to everyone else.

Perhaps it depends on where you live, but in most places I know, the number one stolen items are iPads and iPhones. Now, most people don't use the passcode protection because it's inconvenient, and most who do, just use a 4 digit code for easier access when you're putting that code in 40 times a day, which is a lot less secure than a long code because anyone looking at you can easily learn your code (I know from experience). Touch ID solved both of those problems for everyone with a single Touch of your finger. From my own personal experience, it works like a charm, and everyone I know personally who has it, loves it, and those that don't, want it. Combined with iOS 7's security features, it's really quite the uncomplicated security solution for the average Joe, one which is not easily circumvented (everything is possible with the right tools, of course, but it's not easily done).

It's not just a "tangible 'star' feature", but a truly fantastic, absurdly appealing, easy to use feature worthy of the marketing hype. It's not just what Apple sees for its future, but what the consumer sees in the present. Touch ID also, already allows you to skip having to enter your Apple ID every time to make purchases. The present is awesome, the future even better.

Quote:
rather than the best features, like 64 bit & a co-motion sensor

These might be the best features for a developer to make their app slightly more efficient or to use a single 64-bit codebase in Xcode for both iOS and the Mac and really push the iPhone once the it has enough addressable RAM (still less than 4GB as of the 5S), and the co-motion sensor might improve performance for an app or two, but the truth is they're not the "best features" for the average consumer. They're not esoteric, it's just the average consumer could care less as long as the iPhone performs well, fast enough, with good battery life, and is so easy to use, you can access your locked, secure phone with just a touch of your finger. It's not that they're not cool features and the press (and Samsung) have gone a bit apeshit over the 64-bit, but a 32-bit would have been just as good for the current iPhone's internals and for the average consumer. It's not like the iPhone 5(c) didn't perform well running the top of the line games and apps.

On the other hand, Apple obviously sees the 64-bit as not only moving forward towards more powerful devices, but taking the advantages of 64-bit to offer better battery life and other optimizations that simply make the product better. It also allows Apple to support a single codebase across all devices in the future. It's already been moving towards standardizing on software feature parity and use, and two new iPhones from now, everything Apple supports can be supported from a single, 64-bit codebase in Xcode. It's a good start, but not the "best" feature.

Just pondering... :)

post #145 of 179
Quote:

I like the some of the anostyle ones:

https://www.anostyle.com/gallery

If they pick the right colors with iPhone 5 parts, they'd be nice. That crimson red one looks great IMO.

That crimson red one would have definitely been a cool Product RED iPhone 5S. I would have happily even paid extra for it, though I'm happy with my silver one. :)

post #146 of 179
Quote:

I’d be willing to buy a larger screened iPhone to prove how unusable it is. *shrug*

R-R-R-I-I-I-G-G-G-H-H-H-T-T-T.  *smirk*

"You can't fall off the floor"   From 128k Mac to 8GB MBP

"You can't fall off the floor"   From 128k Mac to 8GB MBP

post #147 of 179
Quote:

Apple should have already released a bigger iPhone at this point, unfortunately they were wasting time on developing this pos plastic phone.   Sir Ive has laid a very big egg.   Apple is even falling falling behind Samsung on watch development,

For the rest of the product year, Apple should just drop the 4S and sell the 5c for $100 less to see if their playschool phone starts selling.   At that price it would be a good value (even if not as appealing or innovative as the Moto X with the MotoMaker).   They should have 3 phones in their line up now (4inch 5s, 4inch 5c at $200 less, and 5.6 inch 5x at $100 more starting at 32 GB) 

Apple still hasn't released a bug free iOS 7.xx.  The  board desperately needs to bring Forestal back before Google or Microsoft hires him.

post #148 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2kW View Post

Apple should have already released a bigger iPhone at this point...

Ummm, they did.
post #149 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numenorean View Post

The average consumer is obviously as excited as Apple about Touch ID considering the 5S was the sales star, showing people preferred the 5S to the 5c. It may not have appealed to you, but it obviously appealed to everyone else.

Is the 5s more popular compared to the 5c and 4s than the iPhone 5 was relative to the 4s and 4?

post #150 of 179
Originally Posted by waybacmac View Post
R-R-R-I-I-I-G-G-G-H-H-H-T-T-T.  *smirk*

Fine. Don’t believe me. That’s your problem.

Originally Posted by K2kW View Post

Apple should have already released a bigger iPhone at this point

Sure they should have¡

…pos plastic phone.

Sure it is¡

Apple is even falling falling behind Samsung on watch development,

Shut up.

For the rest of the product year, Apple should just drop the 4S and sell the 5c for $100 less to see if their playschool phone starts selling.

Shut. Up. The iPhone 5C has sold better than the iPhone 4S did in its position a year ago. It’s selling better than the 4S now, too. You’re an idiot, you don’t care about reading the information presented, shut up.

(even if not as appealing or innovative as the Moto X with the MotoMaker).

Shut up. It’s not supposed to be “innovative”. It’s last year’s phone. And it still runs circles around that nonsense.

5.6 inch 5x…

You’re insane. No one wants that nonsense.

Apple still hasn't released a bug free iOS 7.xx.

Nor will they ever. Because that’s physically impossible. But you couldn’t care less, because all you want to do is lie.

post #151 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4NjvRzf View Post

Is the 5s more popular compared to the 5c and 4s than the iPhone 5 was relative to the 4s and 4?

All numbers are speculative because Apple doesn't release specific numbers for each model, but Tim Cook's comment that the 5c sold less than expected is enough to extrapolate that at least the 5c is less popular than the 4S to the 5.

Also, from the article: "When asked why the iPhone 5c represented a smaller mix of total handset sales than Apple expected, Cook said he believes customers were simply drawn to the flagship iPhone 5s." and Tim Cook's quote, "I think the 5s, people are really intrigued with Touch ID," Cook said. "It's a major feature that has excited people. And I think that associated with the other things that are unique to the 5s, got the 5s to have a significant amount more attention and a higher mix of sales."

It's quite clear the 5S was the star regardless of the spread, and is as it should be, considering it's the brand spanking new, flagship model. :)

post #152 of 179
A lot of you bullies can eat crow now.
post #153 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post

A lot of you bullies can eat crow now.

Bullies isn't quite the word I'd use for a few of them.

Hmmmmmm...
Hmmmmmm...
post #154 of 179
Every new Apple CEO needs his G4 cube moment.
post #155 of 179

Good corollary.

And the iMac launch date push back is a corollary to Apple’s lateness in supporting CD-R drives. Or was that DVD-R? Whichever.

post #156 of 179
Quote:

True... but there is a lot more forgiveness if they've had an iMac moment just previous to that.

Hmmmmmm...
Hmmmmmm...
post #157 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by saarek View Post

I take it you don't own a 5s then? Seriously just pushing the home button & having your phone unlock is far easier (& quicker) than turning on the screen & entering your pass code.
I used Touch ID for several days, but Apple doesn't allow you to set a minimum time before your print is required. So I went back to a passcode. It's not even for serious security, just a deterrent for lazy curiosities. I also appreciate that I can use all 10 fingers to type my passcode or my knuckles if I have food on my hands.
post #158 of 179
The 5c was designed to expand the appeal of the iPhone line. It failed. Because there were very few new features added to the 5s, I think Apple was worried that a 5c priced $450 would tempt too many to buy it in preference to the 5s, lowering margins without expanding sales enough. So they used a disappointingly high price to protect the 5s.
What Apple needs to do is to make the features and performance of the top end phone so superior, that they can price the holdover phone more aggressively. The opportunity is now for a much improved flagship iPhone with a modestly larger screen and way more pixels. Buyers might be tempted to buy the holdover iPhone for $499 or $450, but the improved screen would be too compelling for too many to stray. However, with elasticity of demand, there would now be a lot of new customers interested in a significantly cheaper iPhone.
By the way, I never liked those colors.
post #159 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporlo View Post

I used Touch ID for several days, but Apple doesn't allow you to set a minimum time before your print is required. So I went back to a passcode. It's not even for serious security, just a deterrent for lazy curiosities. I also appreciate that I can use all 10 fingers to type my passcode or my knuckles if I have food on my hands.

Of course you can set the time interval.

post #160 of 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwam View Post

The 5c was designed to expand the appeal of the iPhone line......

No, it was to provide a second tier phone, as has become the offering structure, that was compatible with China Mobile's network, which the 5 isn't.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Tim Cook admits iPhone 5c share lower than expected, says demand was 'different than we thought'
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Tim Cook admits iPhone 5c share lower than expected, says demand was 'different than we thought'