or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Rumor: Apple's next-gen iOS 8 to include 'Healthbook' app for comprehensive health monitoring

Rumor: Apple's next-gen iOS 8 to include 'Healthbook' app for comprehensive health monitoring - Page 3

post #81 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlor View Post

Sorry, did that need a /s tag? Hehe.

I might've guessed it. You're 13.
post #82 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipsy View Post

Actually if you would have taken a look at Google's revenue you would have known that it is not all vaporware and that an increasing amount of revenue comes from hardware sales. Just in 2013 its revenues from hardware doubled to 13% of the total revenue.

It looks like it that Google is looking more and more to hardware sales to boost its revenue, it is well aware that it can't keep this growth up with just advertising revenue, while Apple is looking more and more to revenue via targeted advertising (iAd) in order to not be completely dependable on hardware sales but also provide services. Strange how that works right? When companies reach such high points like Apple and Google have it is important to diversify. Else if you keep doing one thing, if that one thing slows down you will quickly have decreasing stock value.

Yea, right Google along with Amazon are the Master's of Illusion and distraction, trying and actually focusing and executing like Apple on hardware/software/cpu design, Google is not even close, Google didn't do a hire-acquisition with Nest for nothing, The remnants of Nest are now the hardware design department. The 1.65 billion dollars in revenue for hardware (last quarter) is peanuts, how much of that is profit (of 3.3 billion) very little if any.

post #83 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Meanwhile Google is working on metal bodies to house your brain after they remove the free will part.

I just fear for Steven Moffat's safety.

Heh. I had to look that reference up.

And still, I had to ask some people to explain it to me.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #84 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

And I'll never understand why some people on the net are so hostile and humorless.

post #85 of 125
Quote:

Funny how countries like France and Japan have a higher proportion of smokers, yet have half the health care costs and least the same -- if not better health outcomes -- than the US does.
I guess smoking is only one part of the equation. Diet would be another and I suspect the US must be world leaders in crappy food, if you can call half the stuff that's consumed food, that is.
post #86 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

Sorry, Pax. I don't follow? 1smile.gif
Only that the iWatch is supposed to be the great new device with all sorts of sensors, but if the better sensor comes in the form of a patch that communicates with an app on the iPhone then what's all the fuss about the iWatch about? I am still very skeptical of the iWatch, and I'd rather be seen speaking into an oversized phone than a watch.
post #87 of 125
My theory is the iWatch program will have the fitness crowd as a subelement. The primary focus will be in the healthcare community. A game hanging move. Will leave competitors in the dust. Medical iOS will move the needle.
post #88 of 125

Dear Apple just make iOS usable again and add a bigger screen. That's all iPhone really needs, not another app that no-one will use. And that is coming from a hard-core Apple user.

post #89 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxman View Post

I guess smoking is only one part of the equation. Diet would be another and I suspect the US must be world leaders in crappy food, if you can call half the stuff that's consumed food, that is.

Couldn't agree more. Obesity and 'crappy food' are far bigger problems in the US than smoking (no one's suggesting smoking's not bad). Sadly, it affects the poor disproportionately.
post #90 of 125
Quote:

Funny how countries like France and Japan have a higher proportion of smokers, yet have half the health care costs and least the same -- if not better health outcomes -- than the US does.

Great point. As I read all the lunacy about smoking- which is obviously unhealthy- yet isn't even close to being the biggest killer in this country. Smoking doesn't impact your attitude, mental health, and activity levels anywhere close to the level that Obesity and poor nutrition does. Both of which are much bigger issues.

I believe bad food is just as addicting as cigarettes are. It's not a popular belief- but the same argument is made. Why do some of the most highly intelligent people smoke? They know it's bad for them, yet they still do it. Now replace the work cigarettes with crappy food. Intelligent people who know its crap- yet they choose to keep eating it.
Food companies spend billions (with a b) finding out what you want to eat, and what brings you back to their product. And this doesn't stop with advertising- but also the contents of the ingredients and types of foods that are mind altering that your body craves and desires- like processed sugar. Odds are that "blueberry cereal" your kid eats doesn't even have "blueberry" as an ingredient.

The only way to beat this thing is education. Not from the government either- which is a joke and completely biased. It can only come from self and local community education. This device can bring that one step closer.
Edited by Andysol - 2/2/14 at 6:35am

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

post #91 of 125
"Moreover, this is 3-5 years out. (Nowhere as laughably out like 10 years for Amazon drones, 15 years for Google Glass and 25 years for driverless cars)."

Please cite where you got your numbers or end or start the sentence with something like "in my opinion".
post #92 of 125
Originally Posted by ny3ranger View Post
Please cite where you got your numbers or end or start the sentence with something like "in my opinion".

Probably the respective companies themselves, though you may not be wrong.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.

post #93 of 125
Quote:

More than half Paxman. Try 97% crap foods.

American's get 94% of their calories from processed "food-like" foods. The other 6% being vegetables. And shockingly, half of the "vegetables" are French Fries! 

~400,000 people die of smoking related diseases every year. ~600,000 die from heart disease. And heart disease was essentially a non-issue a hundred years ago. 

Recipients of Social Security, by and large, take out of the system roughly what they put into the system. And SS, with a few tweaks, is basically OK. (As far as gov. programs go.)

However, Medicare recipients are currently taking 2/3 more out than they are putting in. This is unsustainable. ~80% of the US health care costs go to 15% of the recipients and most of those costs are incurred in the "last year of life." 

post #94 of 125
Quote:

Only that the iWatch is supposed to be the great new device with all sorts of sensors, but if the better sensor comes in the form of a patch that communicates with an app on the iPhone then what's all the fuss about the iWatch about? I am still very skeptical of the iWatch, and I'd rather be seen speaking into an oversized phone than a watch.

Oh, I see. Yep. I take your point. I was thinking that iWatch would at least have a HR monitor on it fwding info to an App on your phone. You can buy a HR monitor watch (sans the chest strap) already. 

I see what you mean about having patches, sensors, etc., as being a little ungainly. That's why I think Apple will go after the Health and Fitness end and leave the "Senior" health-care aspects to third party developers with the apps and "attachments."

Best

post #95 of 125
Quote:

1. How exactly would this patch work?
  2. Is this like a nicotine patch you stick to your body?
  3. Why would a patch that includes a battery, with various sensors be built into a patch?
  4. How does having an accelerometer in a patch over a re-usable device can wear on your wrist be better?
  5. Why aren't watches built into a patch if that's such a great way to tell time or get reminders?
  6. Is this patch disposable like other medical patches?
  7. How would you evolve a patch to include BLE that will let you know when you're too far from your iPhone or un/lock your iPhone, iPad and Mac when your within a certain proximity?
  8. Where would this patch be placed?
  9. How long would it last?
  10. Would the adhesive be an issue for people in terms of comfort and health?
  11. How would I easily check to see who is calling with a patch?
  12. How would I easily switch tracks whilst jogging with a parch?
  13. Where would this patch be worn?
  14. How big would the patch be if even simple fitness bands, like Fitbit Force, are way to bulky to be placed within a patch?
  15. How would you charge it?

I'm going to stop at 15 questions.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #96 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post

Hi, I'm a Wall Street analyst and this pie-in-the-sky rumor does not match what our internal predictions are for iOS8. We are expecting Apple to release a native portfolio tracking application, that allows high-wealth customers to track their net worth with hourly alerts. 

Since this rumor does not match our real predictions, I am downgrading Apple to a SELL. 

Boring ... because this is yet another example how so called Apple enthusiasts care only about the stock and know/care nothing about technology.

post #97 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Quote:

Where/what is the data showing the French have the same or better health outcomes? What are the metrics? Thank you.

post #98 of 125

I'm a nurse (nearly 30 years now), and I have to tell you if the data that Apple is rumored to be able to measure/store turns out to be accurate, it will be a massive boon to managing people's health.  

We can get some of this data from patients, but it's from multiple sources and platforms, and you have to transfer/transcribe it manually into their record(s).  Then you have the thrill of trying to make some sense out of it.  

Honestly, most of health care, particularly primary care can be managed with protocols and algorithms, with reliable data, we can save a ton of $ and time, both very important as the baby boomers work their way through the health care system. 

post #99 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by StruckPaper View Post

Quote:

Where/what is the data showing the French have the same or better health outcomes? What are the metrics? Thank you.

Heh heh. Feast on it. From a pretty authoritative source too: http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp0910064

You can find an incredible amount of country-by-country data on dozens and dozens of specific health-related indicators here: http://www.who.int/gho/en/
post #100 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by StruckPaper View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post

Hi, I'm a Wall Street analyst and this pie-in-the-sky rumor does not match what our internal predictions are for iOS8. We are expecting Apple to release a native portfolio tracking application, that allows high-wealth customers to track their net worth with hourly alerts. 

Since this rumor does not match our real predictions, I am downgrading Apple to a SELL. 
Boring ... because this is yet another example how so called Apple enthusiasts care only about the stock and know/care nothing about technology.

I am guessing you didn't notice that he was being sarcastic.
post #101 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

1. How exactly would this patch work?
  2. Is this like a nicotine patch you stick to your body?
  3. Why would a patch that includes a battery, with various sensors be built into a patch?
  4. How does having an accelerometer in a patch over a re-usable device can wear on your wrist be better?
  5. Why aren't watches built into a patch if that's such a great way to tell time or get reminders?
  6. Is this patch disposable like other medical patches?
  7. How would you evolve a patch to include BLE that will let you know when you're too far from your iPhone or un/lock your iPhone, iPad and Mac when your within a certain proximity?
  8. Where would this patch be placed?
  9. How long would it last?
  10. Would the adhesive be an issue for people in terms of comfort and health?
  11. How would I easily check to see who is calling with a patch?
  12. How would I easily switch tracks whilst jogging with a parch?
  13. Where would this patch be worn?
  14. How big would the patch be if even simple fitness bands, like Fitbit Force, are way to bulky to be placed within a patch?
  15. How would you charge it?

I'm going to stop at 15 questions.

Great points, and I am not saying it won't happen, just that I am a little sceptical.

I have no idea how such a patch would work. In fact I doubt if there would only be a single patch. The patches and or straps, wrist bands etc would purely be sensors and I guess yes, batteries and bluetooth connectivity would have to be included. There are currently sensors that will constantly measure blood glucose but I don't think these are reliable and particularly advanced in terms of offering a permanent solution for diabetics. A wristband such as an iWatch would be able to measure many things and would be excellent in a fitness context, but for a breakthrough medical device my thoughts were that a wrist device alone would not be good enough. Still, I am only speculating. I don't think Apple will bring out a device aimed at fitness alone as the market is way to small. A medical connected device potentially has a HUGE market.

As for your other points I was suggesting that the iPhone would suffice and that perhaps third party 'patch makers' or sensor developers could hook up to the device. 

Here is an interesting article re the digitalization of personal medicine http://www.ucalgary.ca/utoday/issue/2013-09-20/qa-eric-topol-how-digital-revolution-will-change-medicine

post #102 of 125
Quote:

More than half Paxman. Try 97% crap foods.

American's get 94% of their calories from processed "food-like" foods. The other 6% being vegetables. And shockingly, half of the "vegetables" are French Fries! 

? This can't be right. I had a nice organic rib eye from a local farm of ours last night- grass fed, the works (one of the benefits of Texas 1wink.gif). This is neither processed nor a vegetable. Moreover- my organic cereal with stone-milled grains/oats, flax, and pumpkin seeds with my organic low-heat pasteurized milk I had for breakfast with a glass of organic orange juice not from concentrate are neither vegetables or processed either.
See where I'm going? 1wink.gif

And I highly, highly doubt 6% of their calories are coming from veggies. I'd bet that percentage is substantially lower for your average obese person.

post #103 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny3ranger View Post

"Moreover, this is 3-5 years out. (Nowhere as laughably out like 10 years for Amazon drones, 15 years for Google Glass and 25 years for driverless cars)."

Edited by MacBook Pro - 2/2/14 at 1:53pm
post #104 of 125
The healthcare challenge in the United States is incredibly complex:
  • powerful businesses that want a slice of the healthcare pie; insurers, lawyers, medical device manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies
  • public officials who need funding for political campaigns
  • government agencies without enforcement capabilities
  • public mislead by businesses and public officials in attempts to manipulate votes
  • public manipulated to believe that lifespan is more important than quality of life
  • rapid technological progress making standards and technologies completely obsolete within a decade contrasted against the cost of devices which makes replacing every device simultaneously to support new standards and technologies impossible
  • privacy and security concerns about sharing medical data across healthcare enterprises and medical device manufacturers

Edited by MacBook Pro - 2/2/14 at 2:25pm
post #105 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

? This can't be right. I had a nice organic rib eye from a local farm of ours last night- grass fed, the works (one of the benefits of Texas 1wink.gif). This is neither processed nor a vegetable. Moreover- my organic cereal with stone-milled grains/oats, flax, and pumpkin seeds with my organic low-heat pasteurized milk I had for breakfast with a glass of organic orange juice not from concentrate are neither vegetables or processed either.
See where I'm going? 1wink.gif

And I highly, highly doubt 6% of their calories are coming from veggies. I'd bet that percentage is substantially lower for your average obese person.

Well, Andy, there's a lot there. I don't want to sound sanctimonious...but,

1. Not to put too fine a point on it, but OJ is in fact processed. You wouldn't normally sit down and eat 6-8 oranges in one sitting. But a glass of OJ is made out of 6-8 oranges and b/c of the processing has as much sugar as a soda. Which is to say, way too much. Much better to eat an orange and get the digestive benefits of the roughage, etc., w/o all the sugar. Might want to ask your pancreas?

Essentially, we're being conned by the orange grower's industry that a glass of OJ is somehow healthy.

2. Milk is our number one source of saturated fats (the bad kind). One glass has as much sat. fat as 4 slices of bacon. Yes, it has calcium, but it also comes with so much extra crap (read: animal products) that it makes our system acidic and inflammatory. Basically, b/c of the acidity our body leeches our bones to offset the acidity. That's why, even though we are one of the largest consumers of milk, (dairy products) we still have an epidemic of hip fractures in our elderly female population. South Africa is not a large consumer of dairy and yet they don't have an epidemic of hip fractures. Hmmm. One should only consume milk, if your goal is to turn a 100# baby calf into a 1500 # cow in as little time as possible. Better to get calcium from green leafy veggies. 

Essentially, we're being conned by the Dairy industry.

3. You didn't mention it but, fish is our number one source of toxins.

Essentially, we're being conned by the Fisheries industry. Specifically, canned tuna and salmon.

4. Meat. Oh where to start? Is it because it clogs the arteries, fuels cancers, contributes to obesity? I just don't know where to begin.

Essentially we are being conned by the meat industry. There is a huge disconnect in that we are told grass fed beef is healthy. It just isn't.

5. To your point about calories. I know it's hard to fathom and though you may not drink a couple of 48oz thirst busters a day and eat at McDonald's 3-6 times a week, many do and in fact the number one item sold in grocery stores is sodas. Number 2 is processed, sugary breakfast cereals. You would have to eat a lot of broccoli to bring the averages down. That's the point. :)

Hope this helps, bro. 

P.S. recommend you read My Beef with Meat, Rip Esselstyn. He's a fire fighter from Austin, TX. And watch Forks Over Knives! :)

Best.

Edited by christopher126 - 2/2/14 at 7:34pm
post #106 of 125
Quote:

A bit harsh. No?

post #107 of 125
Quote:

A bit harsh. No?

Perhaps. But so was he.

If you can't take it, maybe he shouldn't have dished it out. ;-)

post #108 of 125
Quote:

Perhaps. But so was he.

If you can't take it, maybe he shouldn't have dished it out. ;-)

I guess...

post #109 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Meanwhile Google is working on metal bodies to house your brain after they remove the free will part.

I just fear for Steven Moffat's safety.

Moffat's safety is under threat mainly due to the underwhelming Sherlock S3. The final episode was really so disappointing and the final bit/ twist seemed so forced.

Hope S4 is better and comes quicker. Till then, I'll watch S1 and S2 again. And there's the 12th Doctor to look forward to (though I'm sad to see Matt Smith go).

post #110 of 125
Quote:

Well, Andy, there's a lot there. I don't want to sound sanctimonious...but,

Quote:
 1. Not to put too fine a point on it, but OJ is in fact processed. You wouldn't normally sit down and eat 6-8 oranges in one sitting. But a glass of OJ is made out of 6-8 oranges and b/c of the processing has as much sugar as a soda. Which is to say, way too much. Much better to eat an orange and get the digestive benefits of the roughage, etc., w/o all the sugar. Might want to ask your pancreas?

Essentially, we're being conned by the orange grower's industry that a glass of OJ is somehow healthy.

I think we're talking schematics when you say "processed" by thinking Pasteurization is processing- which it could be- so I won't debate that.  And a 4oz. glass is a measly  11 grams of sugar.  Sure- it would be better to eat an orange- but what if the point of my eating the orange is to increase the citrus liminoids in my body that I can only get from a handful of high-acidic fruits?  I'd rather not sit and eat 3-4 oranges to get the amount I'm looking for.

Quote:

2. Milk is our number one source of saturated fats (the bad kind). One glass has as much sat. fat as 4 slices of bacon. Yes, it has calcium, but it also comes with so much extra crap (read: animal products) that it makes our system acidic and inflammatory. Basically, b/c of the acidity our body leeches our bones to offset the acidity. That's why, even though we are one of the largest consumers of milk, (dairy products) we still have an epidemic of hip fractures in our elderly female population. South Africa is not a large consumer of dairy and yet they don't have an epidemic of hip fractures. Hmmm. One should only consume milk, if your goal is to turn a 100# baby calf into a 1500 # cow in as little time as possible. Better to get calcium from green leafy veggies. 

Essentially, we're being conned by the Dairy industry.

I don't drink Milk or eat dairy for calcium.  1- I like the taste.  and 2- It has tons of other benefits outside of calcium.  Lets more focus on Dairy.  How are you getting things that your body needs- like Conjugated Linolic Acid?  If you say a supplement- then that supplement is chemically-altered and derived from safflower oil- and is easily the most processed thing we will talk about.  CLA only naturally occurs in Meats and dairies of grass-fed cows.  That's it.  And CLA is incredible for your body (and yes- its a saturated fat).  Safflower oil CLA raises LDL and all sorts of other side effects.  Natural CLA on the other hand has zero pitfalls and upside that can only be had from grass-fed cows.  The problem is- most aren't.  Pasteurization also ruins it.  But if you know of a great farm- like Mill King right outside of Austin (I encourage you to visit them)- then you can feel confident in their ability to provide you a quality product free of mucus, pus, blood, etc.  Be smart where you get your dairy- because the "pooled together" conglomerates are awful.

Quote:

3. You didn't mention it but, fish is our number one source of toxins.

Essentially, we're being conned by the Fisheries industry. Specifically, canned tuna and salmon.

Some fish.  ;)

Quote:

4. Meat. Oh where to start? Is it because it clogs the arteries, fuels cancers, contributes to obesity? I just don't know where to begin.

Essentially we are being conned by the meat industry. There is a huge disconnect in that we are told grass fed beef is healthy. It just isn't.

Grass fed beef is healthy.  I incorporate red meat into my diet 2-3 times a week specifically for its nutritional benefits and constituents you can only get from beef.  Fish, chicken, lamb, viniscin, elk, they all have great components that are unique to them.  The problem is that someone has red meat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner 7 days a week.  Meat isn't a contributor to obesity- calories are.  If I had a 5 oz. steak a day- and thats it- I wouldn't live long because of the caloric deficit I'd be in.  I would also love to hear where you get your creatine in your diet if you don't eat meat.

Quote:

5. To your point about calories. I know it's hard to fathom and though you may not drink a couple of 48oz thirst busters a day and eat at McDonald's 3-6 times a week, many do and in fact the number one item sold in grocery stores is sodas. Number 2 is processed, sugary breakfast cereals. You would have to eat a lot of broccoli to bring the averages down. That's the point. :)

Your point was wrong- I was just trying to point it out.  You said 6% of your diet is veggies and the rest is processed- that's simply untrue.  There are meats and raw dairies that are unprocessed.  There are nuts and legumes that are unprocessed.  There are fruits that are unprocessed.  There are grains that are unprocessed.  And all of them have redeeming qualities.

It sounds like you are a vegan- which is awesome.  The meat industry and animal/processing industry is an absolutely disgusting one.  Being a Vegan you can get everything you need through other sources.  Sprouted lentils are some of the healthiest foods on the planet.  But I am not a vegan.  I do; however, make extremely cognoscent decisions on what food I put into my body and why.  I also pay close attention to where my food comes from and if the ranchers are practicing humane and sustainable services as well.  I gladly pay more money because of this.  But don't "vegan" me to death about how my decisions aren't right.  There is more than one way to get to a healthy life- both of us are there.  We aren't the problem with the health of the country.  ;)

Quote:

Hope this helps, bro. 

P.S. recommend you read My Beef with Meat, Rip Esselstyn. He's a fire fighter from Austin, TX. And watch Forks Over Knives! :)

Best.

Ive seen forks over knives, food inc, hungry for change and read several vegan books (skinny bitches, etc.).  I love educating myself about nutrition and my degree was in exercise physiology (although I'm in the environmental field- particularly wastewater now).  I just agree to disagree with you about my meat/dairy.  And don't get me started on why glutens aren't unhealthy.  :D 

Edited by Andysol - 2/3/14 at 9:04am

post #111 of 125

On the surface, all good arguments. You are exactly right about legumes, fruits and veggies. (I don't seem to be able to get you to see the 94% of calories argument...it's not me. A 100% of my calories are from fresh fruit and veggies. I'm referring to the SAD diet-Stand. Amer. Diet.)

With all due respect, the facts don't bare it out. It's not a question of simply "agreeing to disagree."

100 years ago, heart disease wasn't even on the map. Now, it's the number one killer in the US. And the primary cause is the increase of the  ingestion of animal products-Sorry. Recommend the Blue Zone book.

That's meat, dairy, cheese, yogurt, chicken (which has actually more cholesterol than red meat and, surprisingly, fish has more cholesterol than red meat.)

Next time you go out to your fav. steak house look around and look at how many men have their stomachs overhanging their belts.

Anyway, best of luck and do yourself a favor and cut down on the meat and processed foods. I recommend starting every morning with a green shake, (all organic, re: pesticides Google the "Dirty Dozen"). In your blender, one apple, one banana, a handful of blueberries, a few carrots, a little bit of ginger, half a cucumber, spinach and Kale (it all starts with Kale! The more kale the better!), some ice and some good water to make it thin and anything else you want  to throw in there.

I drink a good 2 glasses of that and then put the rest in a thermos and drink it throughout the day. (I'm running 12-18 miles a day 6' and 160#'s) It's all about getting your blood system more alkaline than acidic. We all have cancer in our systems...the trick is not to feed it with processed foods, meat products, etc. In spite of what you have read, as far as getting cancer, genetics play a small role, as does environment, it is mostly a bad diet! 

(As an aside, Question: That 2,000+ bull on your humane farm in Texas... Where is he getting all his protein/muscle from? Is is hunting down other animals?, chickens?, and eating them at night? Nope, he's eating grass! Grass? No way?

Good luck, Bro you seem like a very well educated guy but you really need to read a lot, lot more-you really don't want to believe what the meat, dairy, and pesticide industry is telling you!! :)

Love Chris

P.S. Not to get too graphic...but your poop and your gas (farts) should not stink. Your poop should be green and should float. Try it!

P.S.S. Please, please watch this short Ted vid. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQFpq9eruKw

post #112 of 125

P.S. Not to get too graphic...but your poop and your gas (farts) should not stink. 

I buy that. Urine certainly shouldn’t appear anything but transparent, after all.

Your poop should be green and should float.

This, however, is horrifying. I’d take it as a sign that something is horribly, horribly wrong.

post #113 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I buy that. Urine certainly shouldn’t appear anything but transparent, after all.

This, however, is horrifying. I’d take it as a sign that something is horribly, horribly wrong.

Watch this vid. bro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQFpq9eruKw

post #114 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Not quite true...agreed, your urine should not be too dark. If so, most likely, dehydrated. If too light (i.e., clear), most likely over hydrated and you are peeing out essential salts and electrolytes. In the morning, it's ok to me somewhat dark.

Your urine should appear as a pale yellow or lime green throughout the day.

Also, your poop should look like the top of an asparagus spear. And, as a minimum, you should be pooping after every time you eat. Minimum 3 times a day, preferably more. And each poop should be around 1.5" to 2" in diameter and be 12" to 18" long. And the experience should be effortless. If this is not the case, try 2-5 organic prunes, daily.

I know, I know. It just shows how far we have wandered from a healthy diet. Just look at Wonder Bread. They processed it so much, it was like eating cotton wool. And just like cereals, they have to re-add the naturally occurring vitamins and nutrients.

The real reason for that is, the food industry is trying to food-like foods that will last on the shelves for 2-4 months. Ergo, more profit. The basic rule is never eat anything that is man-made. From Apple juice to processed cereals, etc.

Oh well. Try my green shake for a week, bro! 

Best! :)

Edited by christopher126 - 2/3/14 at 6:20pm
post #115 of 125
Quote:

Not quite true...agreed, your urine should not be too dark. If so, most likely, dehydrated. If too light (i.e., clear), most likely over hydrated and you are peeing out essential salts and electrolytes. In the morning, it's ok to me somewhat dark.

Your urine should appear as a pale yellow or lime green throughout the day.

Also, your poop should look like the top of an asparagus spear. And, as a minimum, you should be pooping after every time you eat. Minimum 3 times a day, preferably more. And each poop should be around 1.5" to 2" in diameter and be 12" to 18" long. And the experience should be effortless. If this is not the case, try 2-5 organic prunes, daily.

I know, I know. It just shows how far we have wandered from a healthy diet. Just look at Wonder Bread. They processed it so much, it was like eating cotton wool. And just like cereals, they have to re-add the naturally occurring vitamins and nutrients.

The real reason for that is, the food industry is trying to food-like foods that will last on the shelves for 2-4 months. Ergo, more profit. The basic rule is never eat anything that is man-made. From Apple juice to processed cereals, etc.

Oh well. Try my green shake for a week, bro! 

Best! 1smile.gif

What if my urine is red and comes out in chunks?

post #116 of 125
Chris- do you read what I write? Do you really need to tell me about the "dirty dozen"? Every 28 year old new mom knows those.
I just told you I visit the farms I get my beef pork, chicken, and dairy. I told you that I only eat stone rolled wheat. You don't think I eat organic produce? Organic almonds are pretty pointless as no study has shown pesticide residuals on conventional almonds, yet I still spend 200% ,more for them simply because I want to encourage sustainable farming. Screw the dirty dozen- everything should be responsible and sustainable.

Also- stop being deceptive. Chicken is higher cholesterol than ground beef. Not steak. And only some fish is higher cholesterol than beef or chicken. Halibut, trout, etc are very low in cholesterol. Irregardless- they are all well under what your body should tolerate daily if you limit your portions.
Heart disease is also much more prominent from detection as well. It's the most common birth defect- all before those infants had some veal in a bottle.
Let's go to a steak restaurant. Then a wal mart. Fat people are everywhere. What's your point? It's calories that make people Fat. Period. To say that steak causes a gut is ignorant. I know a 300 lb vegetarian. And that's no joke. Because calories are what matters with weight. That's it.
Lastly, yes. Cows eat grass. And have muscle. Sharks eat fish. And have muscle. I eat meat and am 6'1 165 and very lean. You're a vegan and 6'0 160 and very lean. What's your point? That rice, hemp, lentil protein is good? Duh. It's the most complete protein available to us. I don't dispute the good things there. But I also don't ignore the good things in dairy and meat.

I read a ton. You are a vegan. And you are pushing your agenda. The "meat industry" hates my local farm- rehoboam ranch- just as Driscoll hates my local farmer- red moons farms where I get blue berries- just as bordon and horizon hate mill king where I get my dairy. Because they won't sell to the "pool" which makes sustainable practices impossible to maintain and no motivation to do so.
2 banana farms side by side for your bananas that are organic. One farmers as amazing values the other does the bare minimum. They both sell to dole. Where is the motivation to be the best? This is the same with every industry. You're in Arizona- so you're SOL- you have to buy from the big boys- who aren't all bad. Don't get Me wrong. But you're one step further removed than I am in almost all your food. I'm not. I visit the farms. I vote with my wallet. And I educate myself a ton. Again- being a vegan is awesome. And I applaud that. But stop shoving it down people's throats because you are blinded by the good in other foods.
And let's not pretend the world wouldn't die of starvation if we were all vegans. I'll eat my steak and love it. Medium rare.

Still waiting to hear where you get your cla and creatine from.
Edited by Andysol - 2/3/14 at 10:07pm

post #117 of 125
Quote:

100 years ago, heart disease wasn't even on the map. Now, it's the number one killer in the US. And the primary cause is the increase of the  ingestion of animal products-Sorry. Recommend the Blue Zone book.

The fact that US male life expectancy in 1914 was 52.0 might have something to do with it too.

post #118 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

The fact that US male life expectancy in 1914 was 52.0 might have something to do with it too.

Cancer has apparently just become a bigger killer in Australia than heart attack (and sharks), likely due to an ageing population and longer life expectancies. Humans age into years where cancer is more likely to become a factor.

Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
post #119 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Chris- do you read what I write? Do you really need to tell me about the "dirty dozen"? Every 28 year old new mom knows those.
I just told you I visit the farms I get my beef pork, chicken, and dairy. I told you that I only eat stone rolled wheat. You don't think I eat organic produce? Organic almonds are pretty pointless as no study has shown pesticide residuals on conventional almonds, yet I still spend 200% ,more for them simply because I want to encourage sustainable farming. Screw the dirty dozen- everything should be responsible and sustainable.

Also- stop being deceptive. Chicken is higher cholesterol than ground beef. Not steak. And only some fish is higher cholesterol than beef or chicken. Halibut, trout, etc are very low in cholesterol. Irregardless- they are all well under what your body should tolerate daily if you limit your portions.
Heart disease is also much more prominent from detection as well. It's the most common birth defect- all before those infants had some veal in a bottle.
Let's go to a steak restaurant. Then a wal mart. Fat people are everywhere. What's your point? It's calories that make people Fat. Period. To say that steak causes a gut is ignorant. I know a 300 lb vegetarian. And that's no joke. Because calories are what matters with weight. That's it.
Lastly, yes. Cows eat grass. And have muscle. Sharks eat fish. And have muscle. I eat meat and am 6'1 165 and very lean. You're a vegan and 6'0 160 and very lean. What's your point? That rice, hemp, lentil protein is good? Duh. It's the most complete protein available to us. I don't dispute the good things there. But I also don't ignore the good things in dairy and meat.

I read a ton. You are a vegan. And you are pushing your agenda. The "meat industry" hates my local farm- rehoboam ranch- just as Driscoll hates my local farmer- red moons farms where I get blue berries- just as bordon and horizon hate mill king where I get my dairy. Because they won't sell to the "pool" which makes sustainable practices impossible to maintain and no motivation to do so.
2 banana farms side by side for your bananas that are organic. One farmers as amazing values the other does the bare minimum. They both sell to dole. Where is the motivation to be the best? This is the same with every industry. You're in Arizona- so you're SOL- you have to buy from the big boys- who aren't all bad. Don't get Me wrong. But you're one step further removed than I am in almost all your food. I'm not. I visit the farms. I vote with my wallet. And I educate myself a ton. Again- being a vegan is awesome. And I applaud that. But stop shoving it down people's throats because you are blinded by the good in other foods.
And let's not pretend the world wouldn't die of starvation if we were all vegans. I'll eat my steak and love it. Medium rare.

Still waiting to hear where you get your cla and creatine from.

Just want to note that I'm finding your well-reasoned and evidence-based posts interesting and instructive. 

Re calories, there was a food science professor at Kansas State who pretty much proved the calories --> weight function beyond a doubt. He lost 27 pounds with good metabolic figures on a calorie-controlled diet consisting of 2/3 junk food (Twinkies, etc.). That's not to say he recommended living on that diet for more than the 2 months he did: he just wanted to make the point crystal clear that the critical variable for weight loss is not what you eat but how much you eat. Link: http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/.

post #120 of 125
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post
What if my urine is red and comes out in chunks?

Jar it up and sell it as Ragu.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Rumor: Apple's next-gen iOS 8 to include 'Healthbook' app for comprehensive health monitoring