or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple skips pricey Super Bowl ad, pays homage to 30 years of Mac via online movie shot using iPhones [u]

Apple skips pricey Super Bowl ad, pays homage to 30 years of Mac via online movie shot using... - Page 3

post #81 of 92
Deleted.
Edited by Benjamin Frost - 2/3/14 at 4:58pm
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
post #82 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Swinson View Post

This reminds me of a follow up to the Knowledge Navigator videos. Except in this case, it's the realization and not the promise. There is a lot of hinting in this video about where Apple is going next. Medical, robotics, 3D fabrication just to name a few. One could also say this the logical follow up to the 1984 commercial in that it shows an open non-comformed world free to explore and communicate with tools that are flexible and personal instead of mindless subjects chained to a desk staring at C:\ all day long. Basically the era of peace after the war.

Nice comment.
- African proverb
- African proverb
post #83 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I am still arguing that they probably thought the event was beneath them regardless of how many viewers were there. If that was their reasoning, I fully agree.
That doesn't make sense. Why would Apple think the event is beneath them. Apple didn't want to spend money on an ad. Period.
post #84 of 92
At time 01:07ish there's a beautiful app with lots of dots, lines, etc. What is it? I'd love to give this a try on my projector like it's been demonstrated here. Thank you!!
post #85 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Quote:

I am still arguing that they probably thought the event was beneath them regardless of how many viewers were there. If that was their reasoning, I fully agree.
That doesn't make sense. Why would Apple think the event is beneath them. Apple didn't want to spend money on an ad. Period.

From my perspective the super bowl represents everything that is anti-apple. Apple is about science, art, sophistication, style and beauty. The super bowl, not so much.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #86 of 92
Quote:

From my perspective the super bowl represents everything that is anti-apple. Apple is about science, art, sophistication, style and beauty. The super bowl, not so much.

Your prospective is wrong as Apple has and will advertise during football games and other sporting events.
post #87 of 92
Quote:

Quote:

Your prospective is wrong as Apple has and will advertise during football games and other sporting events.

I wrote perspective not prospective. It is impossible for a perspective to be wrong. It is just a point of view.

post #88 of 92
Quote:

I wrote perspective not prospective. It is impossible for a perspective to be wrong. It is just a point of view.

Yes, auto correct. A perspective can be wrong if evidence points to the opposite. Our perspective back in the day said the sun revolved around the earth.
post #89 of 92
Quote:

Quote:

Yes, auto correct. A perspective can be wrong if evidence points to the opposite. Our perspective back in the day said the sun revolved around the earth.

It is not a technical issue. I think something is beautiful, someone else thinks it is ugly. There is no way to prove one viewpoint is true or the other false.

Edited by mstone - 2/3/14 at 9:39pm

post #90 of 92
Quote:

Honestly, I find almost everything about the NFL repulsive from a cultural "point of view". I'm glad Apple did not participate in this objectionable venue. Just my opinion. I prefer to watch olympic sports. 

post #91 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by smaffei View Post

And, if Steve were alive, he would have jumped at a chance to rekindle that 1984 magic (even at the steep price of a Super Bowl Ad). Just goes to show you, this new Apple isn't going in the direction that Steve would have envisioned.

And you know this how? iOuija Board?

post #92 of 92
Quote:

It is not a technical issue. I think something is beautiful, someone else thinks it is ugly. There is no way to prove one viewpoint is true or the other false.

You may think it's ugly or barbaric but you are trying to project your views onto Apple.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple skips pricey Super Bowl ad, pays homage to 30 years of Mac via online movie shot using iPhones [u]