or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Morgan Stanley sees 'iWatch' ringing up $17.5B from iPhone users in first year

Morgan Stanley sees 'iWatch' ringing up $17.5B from iPhone users in first year - Page 3

post #81 of 85

Complete insanity to purchase this watch!

post #82 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post

It has to be a fitness watch. The fitness market is huge, and right now there aren't a lot of good ways to measure your workouts/activities outside of manually typing things into an app.

The fitness market is good for a one-off sale though. Wii Fit sold about 23 million copies. Wii Fit U is listed much lower:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70771/wii-fit-u/Global/

If the watch's main function is fitness, how would a second model convince you to upgrade it? How often do people upgrade their normal watch?

Apple never sells hardware with the intention that the first model will be the last model you want to own because the market just saturates too quickly. TVs and watches both have long upgrade cycles.

I think the idea of a wrist band replacing the iPod is decent enough but they need to figure out wireless audio. I really wish someone would figure out wireless audio properly and allow us to finally ditch 3.5mm jacks. Wireless headphones just don't last long enough though and recharging things is annoying. The buds would also have to be replaced with a headband but the band can have solar panels like a calculator. A problem comes with sweat there because it can short out the battery but they can obviously adapt to this.

The band means you don't have to figure out where to put the iPod when running and no headphone wire to get in the way.
post #83 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmac View Post

Thats how you loose market share. I hope that is not apples attitude

Because market share is currently too tight?

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #84 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

The fitness market is good for a one-off sale though. Wii Fit sold about 23 million copies. Wii Fit U is listed much lower:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70771/wii-fit-u/Global/

If the watch's main function is fitness, how would a second model convince you to upgrade it? How often do people upgrade their normal watch?

Apple never sells hardware with the intention that the first model will be the last model you want to own because the market just saturates too quickly. TVs and watches both have long upgrade cycles.

I think the idea of a wrist band replacing the iPod is decent enough but they need to figure out wireless audio. I really wish someone would figure out wireless audio properly and allow us to finally ditch 3.5mm jacks. Wireless headphones just don't last long enough though and recharging things is annoying. The buds would also have to be replaced with a headband but the band can have solar panels like a calculator. A problem comes with sweat there because it can short out the battery but they can obviously adapt to this.

The band means you don't have to figure out where to put the iPod when running and no headphone wire to get in the way.

I certainly agree with you on this one. Getting the precise headphone length by clipping and tying it off has become a ritual for me. Wired anything is a major annoyance.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #85 of 85
Originally Posted by rickmac View Post
Thats how you loose market share.

Except they have only been gaining marketshare for all these years that “many” people have been whining about a larger screen.

Their attitude is to not make products that are complete trash.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Morgan Stanley sees 'iWatch' ringing up $17.5B from iPhone users in first year