or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › North Korea borrows liberally from Apple's OS X in new 'Red Star OS' update
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

North Korea borrows liberally from Apple's OS X in new 'Red Star OS' update - Page 2

post #41 of 52

If you had a chance to design your own OS, doing the GUI would be one of the funnest parts, I don't know why they would copy someone else's.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #42 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

What's the difference between South Korea and North Korea besides a pint sized, murderous dictator with a laughable haircut?

They both steal equally from Apple.

I can't confirm that Kim Jong-un, the supreme leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, is a murderous dictator.

I can't dispute that Lee Kun-hee, Chairman of Samsung Electronics, is a murderous dictator however.


“You can even say the Samsung chairman is more powerful than the President of South Korea. Korean people have come to think of Samsung as invincible and above the law”, said Woo Suk-hoon, host of a popular economics podcast in a Washington Post article headlined "In South Korea, the Republic of Samsung", published on December 9, 2012.
Edited by MacBook Pro - 2/5/14 at 6:02am
post #43 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

Yeah. And? We know that Koreans are copyists. 60 years of being cut off from the rest of humanity wouldn’t change that. 

 

 

Just getting their own back for Guttenberg stealing credit for the moveable-type press ;)

post #44 of 52

Movable type being the earliest example of copying in bulk ;)

 

Nice historical reference there.

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
post #45 of 52
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post
China wasn't a soviet republic.

 

Getting really sick of you trolling.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #46 of 52

Also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Soviet_Republic, though you have to go back to the 1930s.

 

At the time of the OS in question however, China definitely wasn't a Soviet Republic, that is true.

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
post #47 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Getting really sick of you trolling.


That's not a flag, and you know full well that the hammer and sickle has always been associated with the Soviet Union. Disagreeing with someone does not equate trolling. I have not once posted a comment that was purposefully, and maliciously inciting.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #48 of 52
Apple can't really do anything about it, as North Korea isn't party to any treaties on Intellectual Property, and won't recognise any legal decisions made outside North Korea about it.

Besides, from the sounds of things, it's just a skin on whatever flavour of Linux they're running. So it superficially looks like OS X, but the actual UI and internals are more likely to be Linux.
post #49 of 52
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post
Thats not a flag
Originally Posted by ceek74 View Post
Visually similar to China's "hammersickle" OS.
 

No one said anything whatsoever about a flag. Shut up, you worthless troll.

 
…and you know full well that the hammer and sickle has always been associated with the Soviet Union.

 

Your point is what? That it has only ever been associated therewith?

 
 The hammer and sickle (☭) are a part of communist symbolism and their usage indicates an association with communism, a communist party, or a communist state.

 

 Shut up.

 
I have not once posted a comment that was purposefully, and maliciously inciting. 

 

Not only have you done it dozens of times, you have personally admitted to doing it.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #50 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Not only have you done it dozens of times, you have personally admitted to doing it.

Prove it.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #51 of 52

I am curious if anyone has found a good (download) link for Red Star OS, or even a torrent link.

 

All the time I have spent on search engines only leads me to the old version 2 with the ms windows like interface, not the version 3, as shown in this article.

post #52 of 52
Originally Posted by ratsg View Post
I am curious if anyone has found a good (download) link for Red Star OS, or even a torrent link.

 

Found one from three years ago, so it’s not the most modern…

 

Wait, what am I saying? It probably IS the most modern version. :lol:

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X

Gear mentioned in this thread:

AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › North Korea borrows liberally from Apple's OS X in new 'Red Star OS' update